PDA

View Full Version : 2 Gonzaga Athletes on SI.com's "Determined Athletes" pictorial

Law Zag In Training
07-19-2007, 04:44 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/0707/determined.athletes/content.1.html

I hope the link works. I'm very proud that GU could field two athletes on such a great list.

brasszag
07-19-2007, 04:51 PM
Nice - and two glorious madmen they are.

ZagNative
07-19-2007, 06:20 PM
Great thread!!! I'll be smiling all night. I am hoping to see Josh right up there with them after next year. Josh has got that same kind of a fire that burns inside. I am sooooo excited to see him play next year. First team All American is not beyond his grasp.

Uh ... I don't think that article is about athletes who create adversity and then have to dig their way out. It's about athletes who overcome adversity not of their own making - even life-threatening adversity. I'm not a Josh basher, but Josh would not, at this point, win any awards for courage in the face of adversity. He's been given a rare gift of exceptional talent and good health. We'll see what he makes of his gifts.

ZagNative
07-19-2007, 06:58 PM
Good points, Reborn. I see where you are coming from, and if what you are saying is true about Josh's problems being attributable to a life-threatening condition that he is able to ultimately overcome I'll applaud him more loudly than anyone.

I hesitated in responding the way I did to your post, because I agree with you that enough has been said about Josh's problems, and I'm tired of the harsh streak of nonjudgmentalness I see about him in many posts on this board. I'm just not ready to pin a rose for courage on him yet.

Sometimes, Reborn, your Zag love gets the better of ya, bud.

mendiant
07-19-2007, 07:34 PM
Congratulations to both Ronny and Adam for making this list...

YOU GUYS ARE GREAT ZAGS!

lawzag
07-20-2007, 10:36 AM
Great to see Ronny & Adam recognized like that. Imho what they have demonstrated speaks to the heart of our GU team, true grit in the face of adversity!

Oh, and the pictures selected are Excellent btw.