PDA

View Full Version : Meehan's Season Wrap-up Article

Radbooks
04-01-2012, 09:19 AM
Jim Meehan had an article (http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2012/apr/01/zags-come-off-good-season-future-promising/?print-friendly)this morning that discussed the Zag season, both the good and the bad, and then a look ahead to next year.

If everyone eligible returns, Gonzaga would bring back five of its top six scorers and roughly 58 of its 73 points-per-game average. The Bulldogs redshirted three players, junior-to-be Kelly Olynyk and freshmen guards Kyle Dranginis and Chris Sarbaugh. Olynyk figures to be prominent in Gonzaga’s frontcourt with Harris, Sam Dower and Ryan Spangler.

“I think there were days in January and February where Kelly was our best player on the floor in practice,” assistant coach Ray Giacoletti said. “He really got the most out of his redshirt year. Kyle can do a lot of good things. He has a good feel for games, he can pass it, shoot it from deep range. He could probably become a more consistent shooter. We had a pretty good practice squad with those two guys.”

BobZag
04-01-2012, 10:01 AM
Zags will be better again.

ZagNative
04-01-2012, 10:59 AM
Thanks, Radbooks!

Ekrub
04-01-2012, 12:57 PM
There hasn't been a team I've been this confident about since '08. I think the zags are loaded with offensive talent next year, and if we can find a stable 8-10 ppg wing and everyone commits to playing hard defense we are a top 10 team. I know the hype gets a little ridiculous around here but I'm feeling good about next year. Really good.

ZagFanInNC
04-01-2012, 03:42 PM
There hasn't been a team I've been this confident about since '08. I think the zags are loaded with offensive talent next year, and if we can find a stable 8-10 ppg wing and everyone commits to playing hard defense we are a top 10 team. I know the hype gets a little ridiculous around here but I'm feeling good about next year. Really good.

+1

I can't wait for next year's team, it will easily be the best team since our "05 season which I think was the most talented team we have ever had.

I think Pangos and Bell have the capability to average over 15 per game each, throw in these one year guys if we can get them and we will go very deep in the tourny, deeper than we have ever gone.

Big season coming up!

Zagcity
04-02-2012, 05:56 AM

Well said -Offense is there, defense will be the key.

baitcast
04-02-2012, 07:31 AM
I think I hear the drums again in the distance:cheers:
Rob

TheGonzagaFactor
04-02-2012, 01:14 PM
...and everyone commits to playing hard defense we are a top 10 team.

We will have a full off season with Edi and Bell knowing their roles. If those two lead the team on the defensive end and improve at all, we are going to be VERY hard to score on. Never thought I'd see the day.