• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Angelo Roncalli
    Bleeds Bulldog Blue
    • Feb 2007

OT: What's Going on in Missoula????

A week ago, a UM student accused the starting quarterback of rape.

Today, the AD and head football coach are given their walking papers.

Wow!
    You have to love the Gonzaga fan. Not satisfied to be affronted merely by common hosings at the hands of ragtag referees, he plows all avenues of discontent. - John Blanchette

Gonzaga University...Home of the Zags...The Bulldogs. If you pronounce it "Gone Zaw Ga," they'll know you're not from here and they may charge you more for your coffee. - Garrison Keillor
  • northsidezagfan
    Zag for Life
    • Mar 2009

I wonder if Mike Van Diest will submit his resume again.

Comment

• Zag 77
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Mike Kramer

Of Idaho State. Look how well he managed a scandal involving his criminal football players at Montana State a few years ago.

Paul Wulff needs a job.

Comment

• gamagin
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

it's sort of amazing to me that

some coaches can't seem to figure out the rules as it relates to their charges & responsibilities. The separation between protecting their players and obstruction from the laws that cover us all.

Of course, neither could hundreds of catholic cardinals, bishops & pastors all over the world. So it keeps on happening.
        Last edited by gamagin; 03-29-2012, 03:52 PM.
        Go TEAM Zags !

"John Stockton is one of the true marvels, not just of basketball, or in America, but in the history of Western Civilization!”
        Tom Hammond: “Wow, that’s a pretty strong statement. I guess I don’t have a good handle on world history.”
        Bill: “Well Tom, that’s because you didn’t go to UCLA." - Bill Walton

Comment

• eastsideballer
          Bulldog Fan
          • May 2007

Montana State

Also let their coach go.

Sidenote, know Mike Kramer personally and probably more about that situation than most. Mike is a good person and would be a good hire for any program.

Comment

• mtzaga
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

QB Jordan Johnson charged with rape

It is getting really ugly in Missoula. Johnson is the 2nd FB charged charged with rape. RB Beau Donaldson is the other.

University of Montana quarterback Jordan Johnson, accused in March of rape, was formally charged late Tuesday afternoon with sexual intercourse without consent. The felony charge, which carries a potential sentence

Comment

• Ekrub
              Zag for Life
              • Dec 2009

I could be wrong, but isn't wulff an NFL coach now? Like qb, or o-Line coach?

Comment

• willandi
                Zag for Life
                • Nov 2007

As a Griz fan I have been following this in the Missoulian for some time. The article of yesterday (or the day before) was the first time that it was explained what the woman claimed happened. If she was raped, I hope that Johnson is punished severely. It was the first time that I had read what she said happened and that she had a medical examination the next day.
                I do find it curious that after texting her roomie that she might have been raped, and getting the exam the next day, that she waited almost 6 weeks to file a police report. Is that normal?
                Knowing that her roomies were next door, even though she was afraid of being hurt, why didn't she scream? It would have stopped the rape at that point.
                Why did the authorities, having the information in their possesion since March, wait until camp opened to formally file charges?
                If Johnson is found not guilty, acquited, or the charges dropped, how does he get his reputation back?
                My wife used to be a bartender and has told me of several times that married women came onto men, were caught and claimed rape. She (my wife) was quick to point out to law enforcement the chain of events leading up to the act, and most of the time the women changed their stories.
                I am not in favor of allowing non-consentual sex, in any way, shape or form. There are just questions that are raised by the chain of events. I hope that there is concrete proof one way or the other, and that it doesn't end up as a 'He said-She said" trial.
                Not even a smile? What's your problem!

Comment

• Martin Centre Mad Man
                  Administrator
                  • Apr 2009

Originally posted by willandi View Post
                  As a Griz fan I have been following this in the Missoulian for some time. The article of yesterday (or the day before) was the first time that it was explained what the woman claimed happened. If she was raped, I hope that Johnson is punished severely. It was the first time that I had read what she said happened and that she had a medical examination the next day.
                  I do find it curious that after texting her roomie that she might have been raped, and getting the exam the next day, that she waited almost 6 weeks to file a police report. Is that normal?
                  Knowing that her roomies were next door, even though she was afraid of being hurt, why didn't she scream? It would have stopped the rape at that point.
                  Why did the authorities, having the information in their possesion since March, wait until camp opened to formally file charges?
                  If Johnson is found not guilty, acquited, or the charges dropped, how does he get his reputation back?
                  My wife used to be a bartender and has told me of several times that married women came onto men, were caught and claimed rape. She (my wife) was quick to point out to law enforcement the chain of events leading up to the act, and most of the time the women changed their stories.
                  I am not in favor of allowing non-consentual sex, in any way, shape or form. There are just questions that are raised by the chain of events. I hope that there is concrete proof one way or the other, and that it doesn't end up as a 'He said-She said" trial.
                  I prosecuted and defended a lot of rape cases over the years. There is nothing unusual about a victim's failure to report a case to the police for several days or even several weeks. Some studies show that fewer than 10% of rape cases are ever reported at all. Victims often express shame about the events and worry about their own privacy. They often fear that nobody will believe them if they report an attack. Very often, it takes weeks for a victim to develop the courage to report an act of sexual abuse. For victims who know the offender personally, these attacks can go unreported for years.

Even when they are reported in a timely manner, these cases are brutally difficult to prosecute. Prosecutors usually spend several months evaluating these cases before they seek to indict a suspect. As a prosecutor, I agonized over some cases where I thought that the suspect PROBABLY raped the victim, but wrestled with whether or not the evidence was sufficient to prove a case beyond a reasonable doubt. In some cases, I was stuck with victims whose testimony looked far better during the weeks following the event than they did when we got closer to trial. I had a few of cases that I felt compelled to dismiss on the eve of trial, because I did not feel comfortable seeking convictions against the defendants when I had real doubts about my own key witnesses.

Every flaw in the case that you just mentioned will be pounded into the jury from the opening statements until the final closing arguments. The fact that there is outside political pressure being placed on the police, district attorney, and university to take action on these cases will work against conviction. The U.S. Justice Department is investigating whether or not those agencies are ignoring credible allegations of sexual assault on that campus. If I was defending this case, I would find subtle ways to tell the jury that this case never would have seen the inside of a courtroom if the prosecutors truly felt that they had the discretion not to bring it.

This is a very ugly situation. I am a life-long fan of Griz football, having grown up just outside of Missoula. I attended summer camps on that campus for years as a kid. If, in fact, the investigations show a pattern of under-reporting of sexual assault by the university, or worse, a pattern of willfully protecting sexual assault suspects, I may need to re-evaluate my allegiance to that program.
                  “No team in the country has a better winning percentage against power conference teams since 2017 than Gonzaga... the Zags are playing above average teams in the best leagues in the country and winning 78% of the time.”

-Ken Pomeroy-

https://www.ksl.com/article/50342950...in-perspective

Comment

• willandi
                    Zag for Life
                    • Nov 2007

It is my sincere hope that the truth comes out. It would be hard to switch away from Griz football with the familial connections, but if they don't/won't/can't clean up the mess, it's gonna happen!
                    Such a hard thing on everyone, such an evil thing when true and such a bad thing when used as an excuse.
                    The coaches surely share SOME of the blame, but so do the Coaches at Pee Wee and the parents, for not instilling the knowledge that being a star at a sport makes you a star at a sport, not a special person that deserves extra consideration.
                    So sad and so bad!

Comment

• willandi
                      Zag for Life
                      • Nov 2007

Not going to start another thread!

Maybe the replacement QB?

Comment

• GrizZAG
                        Zag for Life
                        • Nov 2009

This hurts

As a Griz myself, this is just disgusting and I am really dissappointed. They have had such a great FB program in recent history it is a shame.

Tinkle is a good one however, is he going to stay do you think?
                        One of the greatest stories in basketball history...Gonzaga!

Comment

• 810Suited
                          Kennel Club Material
                          • Apr 2008

FTG go cats go!

Comment

Working...
                          X