PDA

View Full Version : Kentucky , Kansas, Ohio St, and Louisville..

MDABE80
03-25-2012, 06:14 PM
We have a final four! Pick em guys.
Me? I'm liking Kentucky. Who knows though. Louisville getting this far is amazing. Kansas is playing so tough........I'd be surprised is Oh St is in the final.

All good teams.....should be a wonderful Final.

75Zag
03-25-2012, 06:28 PM
I want to see KY vs. Ohio State, but who knows. Of the 20 starters on the combined 4 teams, how many do you think will be playing in the NBA next year? 13? 15?

bartruff1
03-25-2012, 08:03 PM
I never had Louisville.....have Kentucky over Kansas...Kansas has busted my bracket so many times in the past ten years...but...I had to pick them..to get to the NC Game.. see Kentucky as big favorite... I wouldn't be surprised to see as many as 13 of the 20 starters in the NBA next year..but who knows , it is March Madness...

CDC84
03-25-2012, 09:46 PM
I would be surprised if it's not a Kentucky/Ohio State final. I will be rooting for the Buckeyes, but I expect UK to cut down the nets.

Louisville might be steamrolled on Saturday. I honestly don't think they are all that great, but they just caught fire at the right time and caught a break when Mizzou went down in their region. Kansas is winning on fumes and one of the best coaching jobs in the last 20 years of college basketball. This is one of the least talented Kansas teams in recent memory.

African Zag
03-26-2012, 02:35 AM
It is likely we will see an Ohio State -- Kentucky final. Louisville finished amazingly strong at the end of the game this weekend, but I doubt if this trend can continue.

The triangle and two employed by Bill Self against North Carolina was brilliant, allowing Kansas to prevail, but there simply aren't as many weaknesses to exploit with Kentucky.

I get eleven starters who could play in the NBA next year.

SWZag
03-26-2012, 03:43 AM
Hopefully Ohio State. But if not, I'll root for Louisville and the Seattle native, Siva. If Ohio State wins, how many times has GU lost to the National Champ or the Runner Up?

SWZag

BobZag
03-26-2012, 10:36 AM
It looks like Kentucky and three guys named Fred. The Wildcats look that good. That said, I'll pull for Louisville and WA native Siva, and I'll pull for Ohio State.

ellenvega
03-26-2012, 03:33 PM
I'll cheer for Ohio State, as they seem the least of 4 evils.

But put the money on Kentucky.

04ZagFan
03-26-2012, 06:16 PM
"Who is the biggest team? WHo has the talent PG remaining? They will win" -VanZagger

whatazag
03-26-2012, 06:16 PM
I had Kentucky over Kansas in my bracket. Now having watched a lot of the games I would change my guess to Kentucky over OSU. The Kansas games I've watched they seem talented but play way out of control almost all of the time. Think OSU will turn them over too much and pull out the win.

UberZagFan
03-26-2012, 06:23 PM
Kentucky over Kansas in the final. The Wildcats just look unstoppable. Kansas may not have as much talent as recent teams but this is their best team in years.

As for NBAers, nbadraft.net projects 11 and draftexpress.com has 9 players in the FF being drafted (of course some could be playing as undrafted free agents and those lists may not include some underclassmen that don't appear to leaving early).

GU lost to UConn (champ), of course, in 1999. GU lost to UCLA (runner-up :vomit-smiley-007:) in 2006; and UNC (champ) in 2009. All but the UNC game were winnable games.

rawkmandale
03-27-2012, 12:04 AM
It's interesting that this is the "heartland" tournament. All the midwest teams won, and the "coastal" teams (Syracuse, North Carolina, Baylor, Florida) all lost. I know, calling Syracuse "coastal" is a stretch, but they are certainly not midwest.

cjm720
03-27-2012, 07:50 AM
I win my work bracket if OSU beats Kentucky! Super pumped for the games.

GeorgiaZagFan
03-27-2012, 09:13 PM
If they revive The Sopranos, Pitino and Calipari could easily get regular roles! :)

MickMick
03-27-2012, 10:26 PM
I have watched Louisville a few time this year. Color me amazed that they reached the final four. I wasn't impressed.

Louisville loses by 25+ to Kentucky and they would lose by double digits to Ohio State and Kansas as well.

I think Ohio State takes Kansas.

DADoZAG
03-28-2012, 09:56 AM
I have watched Louisville a few time this year. Color me amazed that they reached the final four. I wasn't impressed.

Louisville loses by 25+ to Kentucky and they would lose by double digits to Ohio State and Kansas as well.

I think Ohio State takes Kansas.

I'll agree that Louisville didn't impress during the season. I kept wondering why they were ranked.

But then, along comes tournament time and lo and behold a transformation has taken place within the point guard. While Id agree Kentucky will win, I doubt it will be by 25, or even 20, or even 15. My guess would be double digits barely due to fouls at the end of the game as Siva will make a huge impact.

Ill go along with Dee Ohio State in the other matchup which I think will provide the most excitement of the entire weekend.

Go ZAGS!

Zag79
03-28-2012, 08:15 PM
Kentucky over Kansas in the final. The Wildcats just look unstoppable. Kansas may not have as much talent as recent teams but this is their best team in years.

As for NBAers, nbadraft.net projects 11 and draftexpress.com has 9 players in the FF being drafted (of course some could be playing as undrafted free agents and those lists may not include some underclassmen that don't appear to leaving early).

GU lost to UConn (champ), of course, in 1999. GU lost to UCLA (runner-up :vomit-smiley-007:) in 2006; and UNC (champ) in 2009. All but the UNC game were winnable games.

Imagine the possibilities after the game that ended our seasons if we had pulled a 1999 in any of those years... this year alone could have been an elite 8/final 4 run.