PDA

View Full Version : Can Tiger Seal the Deal @ Bay Hill Today ?

RenoZag
03-25-2012, 08:01 AM
http://www.golf.com/tour-and-news/can-new-tiger-woods-close-old-one-well-find-out-sunday-bay-hill?hpt=hp_t3

A win by Woods will intensify the spotlight at Augusta, which already looks like one of the more exciting majors in recent memory due to recent events -- Phil Mickelson revived his game and looked to be in prime form with his win at Pebble Beach; Rory McIlroy briefly attained the No. 1 ranking when he outdueled Tiger to win the Honda Classic; Luke Donald reclaimed that No. 1 spot with a playoff victory at Innisbrook; Ernie Els appears to be coming out of a two-year putting funk; and we've seen assorted impressive performances by Hunter Mahan, Kyle Stanley and Justin Rose, among others.

They're all on a collision course, it seems, for a showdown at the Masters. Add Tiger Woods to the mix, and you've got a recipe for hysteria.

I'm not necessarily rooting for Tiger as much as I am rooting for him to be playing well headed to Augusta. Van Sickle's observation about the excitement level in two weeks-- should Eldrick win today-- is dead on.

The DVR will be getting a workout today !

CaliforniaZaggin'
03-25-2012, 08:59 AM
His putting was sharp yesterday, which had been his bugagoo thus far in 2012. Unless people keep fainting, I like his chances.