PDA

View Full Version : Few to Nebraska?

Angelo Roncalli
03-21-2012, 11:58 AM
Pass.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-basketball/story/2012-03-21/gregg-marshall-nebraska-wichita-state

I think he's waiting for an opening at Oklahoma or Oklahoma State so he can "cast aside" fly fishing and take up noodlin'.

sittingon50
03-21-2012, 12:10 PM
Didn't we already give this job to Rex Walters?

gu03alum
03-21-2012, 12:13 PM
:lmao:

Baldwinzag
03-21-2012, 12:13 PM
Shoot, I heard he's going and taking Spangler with him.

;)

Zagsker
03-21-2012, 12:14 PM
give me a break, sheesh like Few's gonna go to Nebraska, they suck at life

pump your brakes kid....

HillBillyZag
03-21-2012, 12:19 PM
If ignorance was bliss some of you younger fans would be supremely happy.

CaliforniaZaggin'
03-21-2012, 12:27 PM
Nebraska has a basketball team? You learn something new everyday.

CDC84
03-21-2012, 12:35 PM
What's even crazier is that the AD tried to lure Ben Howland away from UCLA.

Okay.......

BJZags
03-21-2012, 12:38 PM
Reggie Theus can't even get an interview at Nebraska? Sucks to be him.

NEC26
03-21-2012, 12:39 PM

Okay.......

Not so crazy if you factor in all the has been going on there. I think he barely held onto that gig as it was. He better win next year or he will be gone but yeah, hard to see him going to Nebraska.

CDC84
03-21-2012, 12:42 PM
Howland is more likely to retire than take the Nebraska coaching job.

NEC26
03-21-2012, 12:44 PM
Howland is more likely to retire than take the Nebraska coaching job.

I agree, but I'm sure thats why the Nebraska AD was asking.

tobizag
03-21-2012, 01:28 PM

just wondering...not including myself (as i give myself away with my "Class of '07" comment in my profile) how are you able to determine the age of posters you're interacting with?

to the topic at hand, you'd think these programs would have some self awareness. sure, it's great to shoot for the moon and all that, but when you're nebraska basketball, perhaps you should pursue the best coach among the universe of coaches that would actually ever consider nebraska a step up from their current job. reminds me of oregon going after izzo.

as a general rule, a coach will only leave a good situation if:
1) their alma mater comes calling, it might happen
2) a program that is a legitimate step up comes calling

in what universe does nebraska consider itself a step up from ucla, gonzaga, and wichita state?

U Zig, I Zag
03-21-2012, 01:29 PM
just wondering...not including myself (as i give myself away with my "Class of '07" comment in my profile) how are you able to determine the age of posters you're interacting with?

Our use of punctuation.

BobZag
03-21-2012, 01:45 PM

Don't put yourself above other posters simply because you're old. Makes one sound...ignorant.

04ZagFan
03-21-2012, 04:15 PM
Mark Few's two "dream jobs."

Oregon and Arizona

Turned them both down recently.... So that he could bolt for Nebraska LOL

sittingon50
03-21-2012, 04:17 PM
So I've got long hair

(growing out of my ears).

So what!?

MickMick
03-21-2012, 04:22 PM

Okay.......

Go big or go home.

Making a big splash with the alumni I suppose.

I give him credit for taking a few ### shots. In recent light of some bad press out of LA, I would imagine that Howland is much more obtainable than Few.

IrishZagFan
03-21-2012, 04:35 PM
The World-Herald said UCLA coach Ben Howland was approached last week but backed away, and that the school has contacted Gonzaga’s Mark Few and Colorado’s Tad Boyle and found them to be disinterested.

Even Colorado said no.......

awberke
03-21-2012, 04:41 PM
I think Nebraska is trying to do a little psychological trickery. Throw out the big names as if they might actually land them...but in the mean time, the middle of the road guys think they stole the dream job away.

Zag79
03-21-2012, 04:59 PM

younger? no. dumb? yes. any fan regardless of age that thinks Few is a bad coach, or we could do a whole lot better is a moron. those that question or point things out occassionally, well thats ok and we come from all different age groups. ;) do you think Few himself doesnt get that? its part of why he wont leave, he has it as good here as we do for him being the coach. if he played in the bcs conferences, his winning % would go down even if he was good. he might not get into the dance some years. winning one and done wouldnt cut it for most bcs programs. two sweet 16's in 11 years for Few and hes applauded, where as two sweet 16's and a title game for Bruce Weber and hes out at Illinois. few is a good coach, but its safe to say its a win/win for all of us if he stays.

gu03alum
03-21-2012, 05:05 PM
Where do you fit if you're not really young any more and you're not quite old yet (I hope)?

Angelo Roncalli
03-21-2012, 05:38 PM
That was very funny :)

Bada bing. Please tip your poster.

GoGU
03-21-2012, 05:41 PM
It is more likely that GU would bring back the football team than it is likely for Mark Few to go to Nebraska.

Zagsker
03-21-2012, 08:23 PM
are you trying to say that they don't suck at life?

yes, I am stating that people in Nebraska do not suck at life

And yeah, I'm young, what of it?

you've got poopies

Zagsker
03-21-2012, 08:29 PM
From the Nebraska fans I have talked with, they too think the idea of Nebraska actually thinking they could get Few is ridiculous....at the end of the day I think Osborne was thinking, "we have got money to throw around, a state of the art arena, we are in the Big 10...lets go fishing for a big one and one bites, great but if not Oh well, we will find someone"

I can tell you Nebraska fans (even the football only ones) are absolutely embarrassed about the basketball program and are fed up...If Iowa St, Wisconsin and such schools can field a successful mens bball program there is no excuse as to why Nebraska cannot even field a consistently middle of the road basketball team...hopefully the coach they get can use the considerable resources at their exposal and make a solid program

zags422
03-21-2012, 08:57 PM
From Lincoln, Zags fan for life...but first and foremost Nebraska fans do NOT think Few would come to Lincoln.

Also, our basketball program is 2nd worse next to Northwestern no argument.

But, Nebraska is willing to spend 2.5-3.5 million for a head coach, which could make the head coach of nebraska the highest paid coach in America.

Finally, with the increase in fan support and finances the Nebraska gig would not be that bad. Nebraska fans are second to none in loyalty, all we demand is a respectable product. Also, it's in a power conference (currently the best).

Finally, Nebraska just built state of the art brand new facilities including an arena which would put practically every facility west of the mississippi to shame...including GU.

TheZagPhish
03-21-2012, 09:24 PM
Finally, Nebraska just built state of the art brand new facilities including an arena which would put practically every facility west of the mississippi to shame...including GU.

I'm sure that's true, but with the bulldog statue and Few as trump cards, K2 rocks the boat party.

zags422
03-21-2012, 09:59 PM
I'm sure that's true, but with the bulldog statue and Few as trump cards, K2 rocks the boat party.

lol, agreed

Birddog
03-22-2012, 03:14 AM
Scott Sutton (ORU) reportedly interviewed for the Nebraska job. He's be a good fit there although I think it is a dead ender. He could also do what Bill Self did and go from ORU to Tulsa if Tulsa was interested. I'm not sure who is on TU's short list.

bartruff1
03-22-2012, 04:25 AM
From Lincoln, Zags fan for life...but first and foremost Nebraska fans do NOT think Few would come to Lincoln.

Also, our basketball program is 2nd worse next to Northwestern no argument.

But, Nebraska is willing to spend 2.5-3.5 million for a head coach, which could make the head coach of nebraska the highest paid coach in America.

Finally, with the increase in fan support and finances the Nebraska gig would not be that bad. Nebraska fans are second to none in loyalty, all we demand is a respectable product. Also, it's in a power conference (currently the best).

Finally, Nebraska just built state of the art brand new facilities including an arena which would put practically every facility west of the mississippi to shame...including GU. Some Gonzaga fans are difficult to take, try to ignore them . I had the opportunity to travel along the Oregon Trail....Omaha is a great midwestern city and I am very comfortable in the heartland.... good luck, sounds like the University has made a commitement for a first class progam...bart

IrishZagFan
03-22-2012, 06:57 AM
It is more likely that GU would bring back the football team than it is likely for Mark Few to go to Nebraska.

Undefeated since 1941!

Zag79
03-22-2012, 07:23 PM
Probably because poop, David Stockton, and Mark Few are to blame for everything around here! :jk:

ZagNut08
03-23-2012, 07:27 AM
Our use of punctuation.

Way to start my day off with a good laugh.

zags422
03-23-2012, 06:31 PM
Thought I'd update this thread. Nebraska apparently just hired Tim Miles from THE Colorado State University.

If you would like to make fun of Nebraska now...please...by all means. I'm embarrassed to be a resident

bartruff1
03-23-2012, 06:44 PM
The Bodmer Collection at the Joslyn is World Class...

GUnawinit
03-23-2012, 11:10 PM
of ...well, just of...what I call, hacking...can't the GU fan just ask without someone being negative, maybe the poster knows something we don't

"GraysAt"...Hmmm..."they suck at life", great response

I believe, they took time to write the post for a serious answer!

I know there's a spin on the answer I don't get...or some other BS follow up comment that allows me to undestand.

Maybe Mark and family are headed that way, give US all a reason (facts) he's not!

gu03alum
03-24-2012, 08:42 AM
of ...well, just of...what I call, hacking...can't the GU fan just ask without someone being negative, maybe the poster knows something we don't

I know there's a spin on the answer I don't get...or some other BS follow up comment that allows me to undestand.

Maybe Mark and family are headed that way, give US all a reason (facts) he's not!

Who is this GraysAt you speak of and why do you believe this person sucks at life?

http://cdn.arkarthick.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/albert-einstein-trolls-suck-at-life-500x400.jpg

gu03alum
03-24-2012, 08:43 AM
http://neurosybir.net/nkoan/images/suck/you_suck_at_life.jpg

gu03alum
03-24-2012, 08:44 AM
http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/065/7/6/i_suck_at_life___button_by_foowahu_etsy-d4rycx8.jpg

Zag@LMU
03-24-2012, 11:44 PM

You and vanzagger would make great friends