• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • UberZagFan
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

WARNING!!! Extreme Frustration Contained Within

I'm SO sick of seeing the player who sets a pick "pop" out to the 3 point line!!! For @$#&sake, whatever happened to the "roll"? Can GU please take the ball to the hole? Pargo does it twice; DRav does it for the first time at the 3:00 minute mark and gets fouled.

Can GU make a free throw? This team and the KC look disinterested. Are you kidding me? This is a game of the top two teams in conference. It's sad when the ESPN announcers are "propping" up the game more the than home team's fans of a team trying to defend the longest home winning streak in the nation. Pitiful. Embarrassing.

Memo to Pargo: You cannot, I repeat, CANNOT start the final play of the half at 30 feet out when the clock reaches 4 seconds. Everyone at some point needs to learn that 2 + 2 is 4. Miss it once, understandable; miss it twice, satisfactory; miss it 4 out of the last 5, unacceptable.

I won't even start on guarding the three--It's only a matter of time when that pint of Arrogant ####### comes back up.
    If you can't handle the confusion, stay out of the Foo!

Uber on GuBoards: "Pathetic. We've got posters just sleepwalking through threads."

No Foo for You!
  • NVzag
    Bulldog Fan
    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by UberZagFan View Post
    I'm SO sick of seeing the player who sets a pick "pop" out to the 3 point line!!! For @$#&sake, whatever happened to the "roll"? Can GU please take the ball to the hole? Pargo does it twice; DRav does it for the first time at the 3:00 minute mark and gets fouled.

Can GU make a free throw? This team and the KC look disinterested. Are you kidding me? This is a game of the top two teams in conference. It's sad when the ESPN announcers are "propping" up the game more the than home team's fans of a team trying to defend the longest home winning streak in the nation. Pitiful. Embarrassing.

Memo to Pargo: You cannot, I repeat, CANNOT start the final play of the half at 30 feet out when the clock reaches 4 seconds. Everyone at some point needs to learn that 2 + 2 is 4. Miss it once, understandable; miss it twice, satisfactory; miss it 4 out of the last 5, unacceptable.

I won't even start on guarding the three--It's only a matter of time when that pint of Arrogant ####### comes back up.

Should I mention GU's even getting the calls?

I feel ya man.

Comment

• RenoZag
      Super Moderator
      • Feb 2007

Pargo can drive a good fan to drink. . .now if he could only get a drive to hole game in and game out. . .can't wait to see him next year
      Last edited by RenoZag; 02-12-2007, 10:01 PM.
      The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• thickman1
        Bleeds GU Blue
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by UberZagFan View Post
        YES!! Exactly. Get creative!

Agreed, is the KC there tonight? Don't be frontrunners - give the team a boost with a little energy.

Oh you're prophetic. It sucks when I'm yelling at my TV to go. Everyone else just stands around....sad.

Comment

• UberZagFan
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

I wonder if Parasail would be as annoying even if he didn't say the only reason he transferred was to beat the Zags? As of now, I'd say yes.
          If you can't handle the confusion, stay out of the Foo!

Uber on GuBoards: "Pathetic. We've got posters just sleepwalking through threads."

No Foo for You!

Comment

• RenoZag
            Super Moderator
            • Feb 2007

Let's foul a three point shooter every game !! It's so fun to watch !

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• RenoZag
              Super Moderator
              • Feb 2007

A run, a run, perchance to dream a run !!

Comment

• 94zagoldwomanasherdsmen
                Horseback Zag
                • Feb 2007

Just got back from the game

and, I for one, would lay off the KC the house was rocking for the entire second half and GU (the team - Josh included) didn't give em much to pull for (in the first) between missed free throws (Oh my Gosh! that was horrible) and very, very ill timed media time outs (thank you ESPN)- the Crowd WILLED those runs in the second half - and not just the KC - the expensive seats were rocking too my ears are still ringing.

I put this on a fired up Santa Clara team - a small GU lineup (Thanks Josh, again yes he would have had an impact) and cold rims at the line - nothing more...I guess we'll just have to win the WCC tournament after all.
                How to ride a horse:
                Step One - Mount the horse.
                Step Two - Stay mounted ...

Comment

• thickman1
                  Bleeds GU Blue
                  • Feb 2007

Originally posted by 94zagoldwomanasherdsmen View Post
                  and, I for one, would lay off the KC the house was rocking for the entire second half and GU (the team - Josh included) didn't give em much to pull for (in the first) between missed free throws (Oh my Gosh! that was horrible) and very, very ill timed media time outs (thank you ESPN)- the Crowd WILLED those runs in the second half - and not just the KC - the expensive seats were rocking too my ears are still ringing.

I put this on a fired up Santa Clara team - a small GU lineup (Thanks Josh, again yes he would have had an impact) and cold rims at the line - nothing more...I guess we'll just have to win the WCC tournament after all.
                  I agree with your comments about the KC in the 2nd half - the first posts were talking about the 1st half.

Comment

• 94zagoldwomanasherdsmen
                    Horseback Zag
                    • Feb 2007

sorry, started typing

before I looked at the post times.

My bad
                    How to ride a horse:
                    Step One - Mount the horse.
                    Step Two - Stay mounted ...

Comment

• thickman1
                      Bleeds GU Blue
                      • Feb 2007

Roger Doger - no worries!

Comment

• zag70
                        Bulldog Fan
                        • Feb 2007

simple thoughts

kc was great...good inspirstion. officiating PAC10( pretty awful consistent). team effort was there but drained. too bad FEW gave up in the last minute...3 possession game, with 2 tol, "just sat there." Sad and Pitiful

Comment

• sittingon50
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2007

The media timeouts come after the first dead ball after the clock goes below 16:00, 12:00, 8:00 & 4:00 in each half. Neither ESPN (nor any other network) controls that. It's a result of what happens on the floor & when it happens. FYI.
                          But we don't play nobody.

Comment

• bulldogshawn
                            Kennel Club Material
                            • Feb 2007

Don't even talk about the KC in this game, we poured our hearts into this game. Forgive us if we may have been a little shell-shocked when we got down 14-0 AT HOME to a team we've beat 13 times in a row. Forgive us if we didn't get fired up about missed free throws and them draining 3's all night. How about you remember that old saying "for every finger you point elsewhere, 3 point back at you". While I'm sure you weren't at this game (as you posted DURING it) the old people (which I assume it is safe to categorize you as) were sooo out of it first half. No energy. Even late into the 2nd half they were quiet. The KC was ROCKING once we got past the shock. The last 10 minutes of the first half, and entire 2nd half we were as loud as the UW game. That was OUR winning streak, WE wanted it to keep going, and WE are sitting in our rooms or houses moping tonight.

Talk to the old people who were leaving early, sitting on their hands with their team down 19 (and starting a comeback), and telling the KC to get louder during commercials then SITTING down and being quiet once the game started. If you've got a problem with the fans at this game, start with them. A few days from now when you're done dealing with them, you can come at the KC with everything you've got. I wish you the best of luck...

Comment

• MedZag
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by bulldogshawn View Post
                              Don't even talk about the KC in this game, we poured our hearts into this game. Forgive us if we may have been a little shell-shocked when we got down 14-0 AT HOME to a team we've beat 13 times in a row. Forgive us if we didn't get fired up about missed free throws and them draining 3's all night. How about you remember that old saying "for every finger you point elsewhere, 3 point back at you". While I'm sure you weren't at this game (as you posted DURING it) the old people (which I assume it is safe to categorize you as) were sooo out of it first half. No energy. Even late into the 2nd half they were quiet. The KC was ROCKING once we got past the shock. The last 10 minutes of the first half, and entire 2nd half we were as loud as the UW game. That was OUR winning streak, WE wanted it to keep going, and WE are sitting in our rooms or houses moping tonight.

Talk to the old people who were leaving early, sitting on their hands with their team down 19 (and starting a comeback), and telling the KC to get louder during commercials then SITTING down and being quiet once the game started. If you've got a problem with the fans at this game, start with them. A few days from now when you're done dealing with them, you can come at the KC with everything you've got. I wish you the best of luck...
                              I was about to say the same thing. I'm pissed off, this isn't on the KC. This was the loudest the KC has been all year.

And after the loss, when the team gathered at mid court... the ENITRE student section started chanting "We are GU." Don't get that on TV, but it definitely gives you chills in person, even at the lowest point since I've been here at GU.
                              Training Grounds: Rambling Thoughts of a Surgical Resident
                              You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions. -Siddhartha Gautama

Comment

Working...
                              X