PDA

View Full Version : Thank you from Robert Sacre and his family

Zag Mom
03-17-2012, 05:53 PM
To the Zag Family

I would like to say "Thank you" to all the Gonzaga family from Robert and the Sacres and LaFleurs. It was seven years ago when Robert made a decision to become a member of the Zag Family and it has been an amazing experience for Robert and our entire family.

We would like to thank Mark, Marcy, Tommy, Chanell, Ray, Kim, Donnie, Coach Jerry, Alex, Jenny, Brian, Aaron, Wes,(all the kids of the Coaches and administration), Mike Roth & the entire athletic department, managers, Oliver, Coach Hertz and Mrs Hertz and all staff of Gonzaga, (there are so many of you that have made this a special time, the list could go on and on so, I will stop there).

Thank you to everyone for an experience of a life time that Robert and our family will never forget.

A special thanks goes to Rian Oliver, Jennifer Nyland, Father Hightower and Sonja Steele, for all you have done for Robert, I greatly appreciated your support (from Leslie).

Thank you, BobZag, PHILLYZAG and the other computer Techs without you, we could not have watched most of the games. Every game night, we would be texted from all the Canadian Zags, so where has BobZag posted that Phillyzag is streaming the game....(LOL), so thanks,

To all the current Zag players thank you for allowing us to share in this adventure, we will be watching you over next year and many years to come. Be proud to carry on the tradition......Go ZAGS!!!

To all the retired Zags players that have shown Robert what tradition means and all the lessons you have taught him along the road especially when he first arrived on campus as a "Young Pup". Thank you

When the coaches were recruiting Robert, they said he would belong to The Gonzaga Family. They failed to mention "What a Large and Amazing Family from Coast to Coast and Around the World".

They say:
"People enter your life for a Reason, a Season or a Life Time", you have entered Robert's life for a Reason, a Season and a Life Time, so thank you all your support throughout the years.

Thank you to The Gonzaga Family, The Zag Fans and the community of Spokane for allowing us to join your family.

We will not say "Goodbye, because once a Zag always a Zag.....and our family will always be Zags!!!!"

Thank you all

Robert, Leslie and Greg

Bulldog
03-17-2012, 05:56 PM
:clap::mecry:

Saxon_zag
03-17-2012, 06:01 PM
Thank you Robert and family for everything YOU have done for the Zags program. Such a great career for Rob and so happy to have watched it all. As a fan even you feel like you really know him, what a great personality. Hurt to see his tears today, he's an all time zag.

DCZag
03-17-2012, 06:02 PM
How great is that! God bless and God Speed! Thanks for sharing Rob with us!

Oregonzagnut
03-17-2012, 06:09 PM
Wow! Thank you Mr and Mrs Sacre for creating such a wonderful human being and one of the best Zags to ever put on a uniform! I remember seeing him up in Anchorage Alaska at the "Great Alaska Shootout". I was one of the few people to be there court side to watch them at shoot around. I was cheering so hard every time they even made a practice basket and did his little "wink and a smile" at me. He came up and shook my hand because I was wearing my 2005 Kennel club shirt. He had fun the entire time and I knew then and there he was going to be someone special for the next 4 years.

Lucky for Spokane and Gonzaga it turned out to be 5 years!!!

Sacre makes us proud, and whatever future he chooses after he graduates, he will continue to make us proud.

ID ZAGFAN
03-17-2012, 06:16 PM
Thanks to you both for sharing him with us.

ZaGranny

(Note to mods--I nominate this thread for the thread hall of fame.)

Rangerzag
03-17-2012, 06:17 PM
What a gift Robert, [Bobby ;^) ] is for you folks to share with us, the rest of the Zag world!

Zagguy
03-17-2012, 06:23 PM
Sitting in front of Greg the last two games, we had a chance to see the joy and pride he takes in his boy. Thank you for sharing such an amazing man with us. He defines Zag. Always.

MDABE80
03-17-2012, 06:23 PM
Gracious to the end...and I do hope this isn't the end:)
Thanks ZagMom.....we'll be here and I hope you and your family will be too:)

CaliforniaZaggin'
03-17-2012, 06:26 PM
Thank you, Rob and his family, for the kind words and an amazing five years. Rob is the shining example of why I love this team, this school and the Gonzaga community. It will be a strange feeling to watch a Gonzaga game without Rob in uniform, but I couldn't be more certain that he has great things ahead if him, both on and off the court.

rijman
03-17-2012, 06:27 PM
Thank you for sharing your thank yous with the GU forum. Rob is one of those special players and people you never forget. I've enjoyed following Rob at GU and wish him continued success after college. I hope he eventually gets that horse farm he wants.

Birddog
03-17-2012, 06:46 PM
You're welcome and a thankyou for sharing with this community and Zags everywhere. Very classy post esp. considering some of the negative crap you may have read here. Stay thirsty my friend(s)!

Reborn
03-17-2012, 06:52 PM
What a heart warming thread on a day that my hearts aches. Thank you for sharing your feelings of gratitude. You are right about the Zag Family, and once a Zag always a Zag. Rob had a great career at GU, but especailly a great year. He really shined down the home stretch. MDABE told us at the beginning of the year that we would see a much different Rob Sacre, and how right he was. For me Rob moved into my first place as the best defensive senior who has ever played at GU. He played so great today and Thursday, and did one of the best job on two great collegiate players in Jones and Sallinger. He lead us this year as he had promissed he would.

I will miss him, but I know I'll see his shining face on the TV from time to time at a GU game. I know how much he loves GU.

snebzag
03-17-2012, 06:52 PM
Way beyond just Basketball.

Speechless.............

MickMick
03-17-2012, 06:54 PM
My wife cried. She cried over Ronny Turiaf and Matt Bouldin too.

Shucks...she cries every year after the last game. Losing the players hits her harder than losing the game.

Rob was the hardest for her to take.

gozagswoohoo
03-17-2012, 07:08 PM
Wow! What a nice 'thank you note/letter!'.

We will miss you Rob!! Thank you for your zagdom.

PMTA Rob.....PMTA.

webspinnre
03-17-2012, 07:21 PM
What a wonderful thank you from the parents of a wonderful Zag. Best wishes wherever Robert ends up.

zagirl2k
03-17-2012, 07:31 PM
Thank you Rob for being a great Zag on and off the court!

94Zag
03-17-2012, 07:35 PM
Thank you for such a classy note, a special kid and years of more great Zag memories. It's always hard to see seniors move on, but especially Robert's quick wit and big heart.

jim77
03-17-2012, 07:49 PM
Thanks for sharing you're son with us...GREAT KID! I'm gonna miss the big guy....and I got my fingers crossed that an NBA team picks him up. I'd take him in a second. Make sure Rob goes and buys his son a nerf basketball set soon.....we need all the Sacre's/LeFleur's we can get...you can never start too soon ya know:)...cute grand son:).......THANKS!

tobizag
03-17-2012, 07:50 PM
:clap::1bestever:

04ZagFan
03-17-2012, 07:56 PM
Wow. Just saw this. How great!

Rob was one of the best kids this program has ever had, and turned into one of the best defensive players we ever had. We will all miss Rob, and wish him the best in the future!

surfmonkey89
03-17-2012, 08:49 PM
If anyone ever wanted to know what is meant when someone makes reference to "Zag Material"....well, here you go.

john montana
03-17-2012, 08:59 PM
Thanks rob and family!

TheBeast
03-17-2012, 09:00 PM
If anyone ever wanted to know what is meant when someone makes reference to "Zag Material"....well, here you go.

Amen.

Lurknomore
03-17-2012, 09:11 PM
Rob is a great kid and even a better man. Look forward to watching him in the future. Thanks for sharing him,

BoZarth
03-17-2012, 09:14 PM
I'm most impressed by Robert's impact off the court which is surely a byproduct of his upbringing.

Although, I sure will miss him on the court!

Thanks Robert!!

Go Zags!!!!

kitzbuel
03-17-2012, 09:26 PM
I am excited to see where Rob goes. The impact he has had on the GU community and Spokane has been special, but, with his energy, drive and personality, will be just the start of the impact he will continue have in his career.

MacZag
03-17-2012, 09:53 PM
WOW....JUST WOW.....amazing comments from Rob's parents!

Rob is larger than life.....what an amazing man!!!! You did a great job with him...He will so be missed!!! But....he will do great things in life.......I have no doubt......He is the epitome of what being a ZAG is.....Thanks for sharing him with the ZAG community!!!!!!!!
This thread is a tear jerker!!!! I, too, miss the guys leaving, but this one has been harder than all the others! AARGH......:

Blitzing-Zag
03-17-2012, 09:55 PM
Rob will always be one of my all time favorite Zags for all the passion, heart and excitement he put into each and every game he played in as a Zag. I will trully miss him come next year as he was the heart, soul and voice of this years team.

LongIslandZagFan
03-17-2012, 10:15 PM
Greg and Leslie -

Thank you for raising a truly amazing person. If he never bounced a basketball, he'd have been just as great of a person... and that is all on you two and your extended families. As is said sometimes in my family... "You've done good"... but in the case of your son... "You've done real good". Thank you for blessing us with his presence for the last 5 years... we'll never forget it.

Rob -

You have gotten so many nicknames over the years... Bobby Sugar... Bob... but I think the one that will always stick with me is Big Rob... I think the last few weeks have solidified that name. Not for your stature... not for you play on the court. No... Big Rob to me, means the big heart of a truly great person. Your work off the court, your caring for others, that is what truly makes you Big Rob... If you are ever in NY and just want a nice home cooked meal... you are welcome in my house... it would be the least I could do. When I saw the tear well up in your eyes at the end of the game... I was right there with you. You are kinda like the Scarecrow in the Wizard of Oz... we're going to miss you the most. I think I speak for most if not all on this board by saying... from the bottom of our hearts... Thank You... Thank You... Thank You.

LongIslandZagFan

zagapotomus
03-17-2012, 10:17 PM
Thank you Rob! From the day I saw (more likely heard you) you cruising through the cog, you've been an excellent ambassador for GU. So many kids look up to you, and you never disappoint. You will be missed!

Zag 77
03-17-2012, 10:38 PM
I think that the most special things I will recall about Rob is how good he has always been with kids. Sick kids like Brandon, disabled kids and regular kids who he just brought so much joy to.

ZagaZags
03-17-2012, 11:17 PM
To the Zag Family

I would like to say "Thank you" to all the Gonzaga family from Robert and the Sacres and LaFleurs. It was seven years ago when Robert made a decision to become a member of the Zag Family and it has been an amazing experience for Robert and our entire family.

We would like to thank Mark, Marcy, Tommy, Chanell, Ray, Kim, Donnie, Coach Jerry, Alex, Jenny, Brian, Aaron, Wes,(all the kids of the Coaches and administration), Mike Roth & the entire athletic department, managers, Oliver, Coach Hertz and Mrs Hertz and all staff of Gonzaga, (there are so many of you that have made this a special time, the list could go on and on so, I will stop there).

Thank you to everyone for an experience of a life time that Robert and our family will never forget.

A special thanks goes to Rian Oliver, Jennifer Nyland, Father Hightower and Sonja Steele, for all you have done for Robert, I greatly appreciated your support (from Leslie).

Thank you, BobZag, PHILLYZAG and the other computer Techs without you, we could not have watched most of the games. Every game night, we would be texted from all the Canadian Zags, so where has BobZag posted that Phillyzag is streaming the game....(LOL), so thanks,

To all the current Zag players thank you for allowing us to share in this adventure, we will be watching you over next year and many years to come. Be proud to carry on the tradition......Go ZAGS!!!

To all the retired Zags players that have shown Robert what tradition means and all the lessons you have taught him along the road especially when he first arrived on campus as a "Young Pup". Thank you

When the coaches were recruiting Robert, they said he would belong to The Gonzaga Family. They failed to mention "What a Large and Amazing Family from Coast to Coast and Around the World".

They say:
"People enter your life for a Reason, a Season or a Life Time", you have entered Robert's life for a Reason, a Season and a Life Time, so thank you all your support throughout the years.

Thank you to The Gonzaga Family, The Zag Fans and the community of Spokane for allowing us to join your family.

We will not say "Goodbye, because once a Zag always a Zag.....and our family will always be Zags!!!!"

Thank you all

Robert, Leslie and Greg

Rob Sacre is my favorite Zag of all time!!!!! :1bestever:
And thanks for the best post i have ever read on any blog.
I am going to really miss Rob and his million dollar smile. Best of luck in the future to Rob Sacre.

zagfan24
03-18-2012, 12:52 AM
Great player, even better person. Rob will be missed at Gonzaga, but the best is truly yet to come for him.

SWZag
03-18-2012, 01:10 AM
Thanks for everything! Your son is a role model. Rob's don't grow on trees and their parents deserve a lot of credit. I can't say enough how much Rob has touched the lives of those who've known him. What he's done off the court, as well as on, leaves a legacy that we'd want all Zags to follow. It's been a great 5 years and I couldn't ask for anything more than what Rob gave us as fans. We support Rob in his future endeavors.

SWZag

ZagMan in Philly
03-18-2012, 06:25 AM
Zagmom,
Zagnation will forever remember the memories, and thankful for Rob being such a SPECIAL Zag. I wish nothing but the best for Rob. Once a Zag always a Zag.

And a big Thank You to you and your family, for all the sacrifices you've made, so Rob could be a Zag.

Phillyzag.

webspinnre
03-18-2012, 07:02 AM
I'm most impressed by Robert's impact off the court which is surely a byproduct of his upbringing.

I just want to echo this sentiment.

RenoZag
03-18-2012, 07:17 AM
One of the best parts of following my alma mater's basketball team on this board is getting to read about the off-the-court happenings involving the young men who represent the school. We don't "know" them but we certainly come to embrace them over their careers.

Robert was an easy Zag to embrace.

Many thanks to Robert, Leslie and Greg for taking the time to author the note above. It's further evidence of the uniqueness of the Gonzaga experience. Congratulations to you all and may God bless you with his grace on the journey from Gonzaga that remains to be continued.

ZagsGoZags
03-18-2012, 07:25 AM
ZagMom
thanks for sharing Bobbie with us
he took his turn at the wheel and gave it a might crank
now you are in the family forever

gu03alum
03-18-2012, 08:00 AM
My few encounters with Mr. Sacre have led me to believe that he is a very good human being. I loved his intensity and passion on the court and his kindness and generous spirit off the court. I thank you for sharing him with Gonzaga.

77Zag
03-18-2012, 08:12 AM

I can't post just yet -- tears of joy for all in the Zag family.
Thanks to Robert Sacre and his wonderful family for sharing and making GU just that much more special.

Pure
03-18-2012, 08:37 AM
:cheers: Rob will be missed. But I can say he has made Gonzaga a better place. Both for his skills and his personality. He has carried the zag torch with pride, humor and class.

As many have said , he is one of the all time greats.

His legacy will be felt for ever at Gonzaga.

Thank you.

His pureness

HRZag
03-18-2012, 08:46 AM
Thank you Zagmom, thank you Rob.

Absolute class by from both of you. So glad you are part of the Gonzaga family.

Today, even after such a tough loss, I still feel so proud to be a Zag.

Stay thirsty my friends, stay thirsty.

We are Gonzaga.

GoZags
03-18-2012, 08:55 AM
Thank you, from the bottom of my very appreciative heart.

bballbeachbum
03-18-2012, 09:00 AM
:000tens:

Such sincerity in reaching out is very moving, without even knowing your family or Robert. Thank you.

So much to be proud of in the young man Robert Sacre's maturation right before our eyes

And a ballplayer who I will miss tremendously wearing Gonzaga colors out there.

Jedster
03-18-2012, 09:18 AM
Thank you for a wonderful letter to wake up to this morning! Great sadness in Zag Nation over having someone leave who epitomizes exactly what it means to be a "Zag" both on and off the court. Thankfully, all the hard work he has done will continue on as he has been a great mentor and leader to the current players.

From your letter, it's easy to see how Rob has grown into such a great young man. You and your family must be so proud of him.

Looking forward to following the next phase of his life and hearing about all his adventures!

Proudzagmom
03-18-2012, 09:19 AM
Thank you Robert and family.

Big Rob's larger-than-life personality has made an impact on our family. What an incredible role model for our young son. As was stated earlier, we always believe we "know" these young men off the court. So, I will never forget when we were at my daughter's house for her graduation and my husband had just gotten out of the car and saw Rob walking his dogs and said, "Hey Rob!" and Rob, as you would expect, responded with, "Hey! How's it goin'?" He didn't give him a head nod or make him feel silly for calling him by his name. It probably sounds crazy, but to me, this speaks volumes about his character. It's one of my husband's favorite stories to tell.

I always cry when I know it's a senior's last game and yesterday was no exception. Our family will miss Bobby very much, but we look forward to seeing him around campus in the future, because he is, and will always be, a ZAG.

TacomaZAG
03-18-2012, 09:54 AM
Wow, what a tear jerker this morning. Thanks so much for sharing both your son and your heart with ZAG Nation.

Here's wishing Rob great success in the future.

Go ZAGS

U Zig, I Zag
03-18-2012, 10:07 AM
No. Thank you. A fine young man and a great Zag.

Always and forever.

http://ourbrowncouch.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/820297c235c647279cbd667aaafd1766.jpg

rennis
03-18-2012, 10:18 AM
Thank you so much for sharing him with all of us. His competitive nature on the court, incredible work ethic, and his charisma and grace off the court are things that were truly special, especially here in his Senior year. One of the all time best finishes for a player.

He said he wanted to go out with a bang in Pittsburgh. I know this season didn't finish how he wanted, but believe us, he went out with a bang in all the other tangible and intangible ways us fans appreciate and respect. A beautiful career for a beautiful person who is bound for incredible things.

We applaud him.

Knotsolucky
03-18-2012, 10:38 AM
Dear Zag Mom, Robert and family,

I don't think there's much that I can add here that hasn't already been said.

I do know that I'll never be able to look at 'Double Zeroes' anywhere again without thinking of Rob.

I am also looking forward to the day when Rob's image adorns the halls of the MAC along with all the other deserving Zag greats of the past. It will certainly be one of my favorite spots.

THANK YOU and here's to Big Rob's future. :cheers:

gamagin
03-18-2012, 11:03 AM
For sharing Rob with us. For showing us how a highly talented family treats each other and everyone they touch. For allowing us to watch, cheer, laugh and cry with Rob and the Zags over the past five years.

But most of all, thank you for showing us all how to stay classy in all situations and at all times, no matter what the situation is moment to moment and to always remember to maintain our perspective.

Whatever Rob winds up doing in his life, he will always be remembered as a very classy Zag & man who also played great basketball for Gonzaga. Reading this letter from mom just adds fuel to the fire Rob brought to this campus, his friends and this team.

Thanks for the great memories. God bless you all.

sittingon50
03-18-2012, 11:09 AM
:clap:

HillBillyZag
03-18-2012, 11:12 AM
Rob's smile can light up an entire arena. He will be successful at whatever he does in life and we thank you for raising such a great son.

DADoZAG
03-18-2012, 11:49 AM
With tears in my eyes I post...

THANK YOU and here's to Big Rob's future. :cheers:

+1

Go ZAGS!

Bogozags
03-18-2012, 12:22 PM
Rob Sacre is a very special person, who came from very special parents that provided him with love, direction and understanding, which is exactly how he lives his life and plays the game of basketball.

I have no children of my own BUT if I had been blessed, I would have wanted him to grow-up and be just like Robert Sacre. I also believe his offspring will have the same character as does their father.

We all thank YOU for doing such a wonderful "job" of raising this young man.

May he always sail on calm seas with following winds at his back...

maynard g krebs
03-18-2012, 12:50 PM
From Bud Withers:

"...in the locker room, he was lightheartedly referencing a Dr. Doolittle movie with a Cleveland sportswriter, and The Zags seemed to know this:
Ohio State was, and is, a little better. So this happens.

"We played our hearts out today," said Bell "We had opportunities to win the game, tied it late With Rob, if he's in a good mood, we're in a good mood. He's our leader." " (end quote)

It is said that we all stand on the shoulders of those who went before us. When the talented youngsters make the deep run we all know they will make in the next few years, I hope we all remember it is Rob's shoulders on which they are standing.

bigblahla
03-18-2012, 12:58 PM
Larger than life would be my description of Big Rob, Sweet Bobby Sugar. The first thing I do when I see Rob is smile because his smile is contagious. He is a remarkable young man and I'm glad we got to take this ride with him. Thank you.

Go!! Zags!!!

NotoriousZ
03-18-2012, 01:52 PM
No. Thank you. A fine young man and a great Zag.

Always and forever.

http://ourbrowncouch.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/820297c235c647279cbd667aaafd1766.jpg

Big Rob will always be welcome here.

OZZY
03-18-2012, 02:20 PM
Thank you to the Sacre/Lefluer families for the upbringing you have given him and wonderful sense of self that your young man has developed.

I have followed Rob's career (from afar, thankk goodness for the internet!) ever since he played in the U15 nationals. When he chose Gonzaga I knew that they already had a young Canadian player (PMAC) and decided that this was the team I wanted to follow. Discovering GU Boards gave me the opportunity to follow the team closer and has allowed me to become apart of the GU community from 7,945 miles (12,800 km) away. I've too been able to watch many of the games because of BZ and Philly's links.

I will continue to follow Robert wherever he plays (As I do with most Canadian players overseas) and If he ever decides to play "down under" I will follow even closer and make sure to introduce myself to him personally.

Thank you for being such an inspiration to your fellow players and to the fans all around the world.

As my late father said to me as I ventured forth into the great unkown, "God speed young man".

Ozzy (formerly OZZag) :)

milehighzagfan
03-18-2012, 02:30 PM
When all is said and done Robert Sacre will be known as one of the all-time great Zags. Thanks to his family for the kind words. Hopefully we can use Rob as the ultimate referral for all the great Canadian kids who are looking for a great school that will take their basketball to the next level. Thanks to Rob's family and to the great city of Vancouver.
Best of luck in the future!

GU69
03-18-2012, 04:10 PM
It is said that we all stand on the shoulders of those who went before us. When the talented youngsters make the deep run we all know they will make in the next few years, I hope we all remember it is Rob's shoulders on which they are standing.

GU has a lot of great kids who pass through its basketball program; kids who contribute to the program and the community and to everyone they touch. But some are a step above this, and they are the ones who become part of the tradition. Rob is one of the ones who passes it on and will be referred to in years to come.

MedZag
03-18-2012, 04:45 PM
It is always such a bittersweet thing when our seniors move on to the next phase of their lives. I am always sad to see them move on, but certain players I have a harder time "letting go" of then others. Robert is one of those players.

You can tell Robert loved his time at Gonzaga. I can tell because I also loved my time there, and watching his passion and infectious enthusiasm makes me whimsical for those memories. He is a model Zag... but more than that a model human being. Echoing what others have said, thank you for sharing your wonderful son with us.

cjm720
03-18-2012, 05:53 PM
We should be thanking you and your family!

To a fine young man with a very bright future, thank you!

Bocco
03-18-2012, 06:12 PM
They say:

and Rob entered our lives as well, he was a special gift to Gonzaga both on the court and off

Ezag
03-18-2012, 06:24 PM
Hey Rob, you have any basketball playing brothers or sisters? If so send them our way. We'll also be looking forward to another Sacre in 18 years in a Zags uni.

EuroZag2010
03-18-2012, 06:44 PM

Wow that's how I feel!! I met Rob a few times. He was always welcoming and gracious. He will be greatly missed! That whole message got me all teary eyed!

Thank you Rob! And your family!

wildIDzagnut
03-18-2012, 07:00 PM
Zag Mom,

Thank you for sharing you son. It seems like he has always been there with the team. He has such personality and heart. The year that he red-shirted he still was a presence on the court. I cried at the end of the Ohio game and I wasn't even sure the score, I just recognized the look on Rob's face and the feeling of finality for this year's season.

There is always next year for the fans and there will be so much more for Rob because of the way you have raised him and because he is a young man with such a great spirit.

Someone told me once that its is the Mothers who make the children turn out however they turn out so, if that is the case, you must be a very special lady.

Best wishes for the future of your family. May God Bless you all.

The Best Is Yet To Come-it is the Gonzaga way.

zagfaninmt
03-19-2012, 05:42 AM
When the talented youngsters make the deep run we all know they will make in the next few years, I hope we all remember it is Rob's shoulders on which they are standing.
This is so true, it bears repeating three times. You, Leslie and Greg, did an amazing job with your youngun. There is nothing in the world more noble than this. Thank you.

Zagdawg
03-19-2012, 08:06 AM
We are proud to be able to spend time with Big Rob and all that he has brought to the program and this city.

I look forward to follow Robs career where ever it may take him.

Once a Zag always a Zag.

former1dog
03-19-2012, 08:16 AM
Robert Sacre has literally bled for us as fans. By all accounts that matter (Mark Few and all his teammates), Big Rob is the consummate teammate. Dedicated, loyal, hardworking with oodles of personality that he uses just in the right way and just at the right time.

I've heard countless stories about what an incredibly nice person he is.

He is the kind of ambassador for our school that everyone should be proud of.

I say, GO ROB, GO BULLDOGS! No matter what, he's got my support.

Even if Rob had not been an important part of 3 WCC Championships and All Conference Award Winner, he would have been one of the all time great ZAGS. In fact, he is one of the all time greats.

Robert Sacre is one the special people that make Gonzaga a special place.

IrishZagFan
03-19-2012, 03:31 PM
Thank you Rob and family.....You will be missed, that's for sure.....

misszigzag
03-19-2012, 06:26 PM
Leslie and Greg,

Thank you for raising such a wonderful son. Rob has brought such joy to Zag land, and well beyond.

Rob,

Thank you for all the blood, sweat, tears, and laughs. You are such a warrior on the court, and larger than life personality off the court. That infectious and charming smile will be missed dearly.

So sad to see you go, but in the words of Dr. Seuss-"Kid, you'll move mountains!"

rawkmandale
03-19-2012, 08:26 PM
Thank you for being such supportive parents - I'm certain that has helped Rob be the lovable, fun guy that he is, not to mention one of the most loyal guys the Bulldogs have ever had on their team. Spokane looks forward to seeing all of you back in town whenever you can make it up/down here.

Rob, I recall the first time I met you, along with your buddy Steven Gray, at the team banquet when you were a freshman. I was impresssed with your smile and easy-going manner, which would turn appropriately ferocious on the basketball floor. I wish you the best of everything in your future endeavors. Stay thirsty, my friend. Maybe I'll see you at the Blue Spark again someday. First one on me.

ZagsObserver
03-21-2012, 06:27 AM
Thanks Big Rob and fam! We will miss Rob so much on and off the court - such a great guy and athlete. Wish him luck in the NBA or wherever he chooses to continue his journey. I guess we have to share him with the larger world now. ;) he'll always be a Zag, though!

TheGonzagaFactor
03-21-2012, 06:20 PM
Thanks Rob, it was a lot of fun watching you over your career here. Good luck going forward, I hope we haven't seen the last of you on a basketball court.

Zag79
03-22-2012, 09:57 PM
Greg and Leslie -

Thank you for raising a truly amazing person. If he never bounced a basketball, he'd have been just as great of a person... and that is all on you two and your extended families. As is said sometimes in my family... "You've done good"... but in the case of your son... "You've done real good". Thank you for blessing us with his presence for the last 5 years... we'll never forget it.

Rob -

You have gotten so many nicknames over the years... Bobby Sugar... Bob... but I think the one that will always stick with me is Big Rob... I think the last few weeks have solidified that name. Not for your stature... not for you play on the court. No... Big Rob to me, means the big heart of a truly great person. Your work off the court, your caring for others, that is what truly makes you Big Rob... If you are ever in NY and just want a nice home cooked meal... you are welcome in my house... it would be the least I could do. When I saw the tear well up in your eyes at the end of the game... I was right there with you. You are kinda like the Scarecrow in the Wizard of Oz... we're going to miss you the most. I think I speak for most if not all on this board by saying... from the bottom of our hearts... Thank You... Thank You... Thank You.

LongIslandZagFan

:000tens: Thank you Big Rob and family!!!

Vanzagger
03-23-2012, 03:07 PM
you can have fun playing ball for a long long time. Thanks again!

sittingon50
01-05-2013, 09:45 PM
Everyone should reread Leslie's letter from time to time.