PDA

View Full Version : Thank you, Marquise Carter

Ekrub
03-17-2012, 01:58 PM
Thanks Marquise.

SWZag
03-17-2012, 02:05 PM
Indeed. It's sometimes "easy" to forget about Marquise since he came in as a Junior, but I have no doubt that the Freshmen learned a great deal from him. He knows how to play and knows his stuff. Senior leadership is always a blessing and I think Marquise filled his roll to the fullest. He was in some tough situations but showed his a team player and I'm sure shared a lot of his knowledge with the younger talent. Thanks Marquise and best of luck!!

SWZag

GrizZAG
03-17-2012, 02:07 PM
Indeed. It's sometimes "easy" to forget about Marquise since he came in as a Junior, but I have no doubt that the Freshmen learned a great deal from him. He knows how to play and knows his stuff. Senior leadership is always a blessing and I think Marquise filled his roll to the fullest. He was in some tough situations but showed his a team player and I'm sure shared a lot of his knowledge with the younger talent. Thanks Marquise and best of luck!!

SWZag

Perfect! Well said

CaliforniaZaggin'
03-17-2012, 02:08 PM
Thank you, Marquise! I know you were hoping to play a bigger role this season, but it didn't affect your unwavering attitude or passion for this team, this program, and this university.

Gonswagga
03-17-2012, 02:10 PM
Per Marquise's Twitter:

Losing knowing that you could of helped a tad bit at least sucks so damn much!!!!!��

Gotta feel for the kid. He made last year happen. And as a competitor, you know he was trying to break that glass ceiling of playing time all year.

Zags11
03-17-2012, 02:12 PM
Class act

TacomaZAG
03-17-2012, 02:13 PM
You are a class act..............

Go ZAGS

bballbeachbum
03-17-2012, 02:13 PM
Per Marquise's Twitter:

Gotta feel for the kid. He made last year happen. And as a competitor, you know he was trying to break that glass ceiling of playing time all year.

he kept in in all year and NEVER griped about it.

that is STUD teammate

I wish Marquise Carter All the Best in life that matches his awesome handling of it all year

gu03alum
03-17-2012, 03:12 PM
Marquise was the biggest reason Gonzaga made the tournament and won against St. John's last year. For that, I will always be grateful. He did a great job in his role this year and never publicly complained. MC will be missed.

jim77
03-17-2012, 03:31 PM
Marquise was the biggest reason Gonzaga made the tournament and won against St. John's last year. For that, I will always be grateful. He did a great job in his role this year and never publicly complained. MC will be missed.

Amen

sittingon50
03-17-2012, 03:44 PM
:clap:

rijman
03-17-2012, 06:51 PM
This was a very tough season for MC, I'm guessing nowhere near what he hoped for. I never heard about MC complaining. In his show, Few acknowledged it's been a tough season for MC but he still worked his butt off and helped the younger players. MC was a team player. I wish him all the best in the future.

BoZarth
03-17-2012, 09:23 PM
Thanks Marquise

Go Zags!!!!

kitzbuel
03-17-2012, 09:31 PM
I remember running into him and Meech after a game I went to at the Kennel with my oldest daughter. I talked to them briefly and they were really awesome and told my daughter thanks for coming to the game. She was very impressed.

Great person.

Thanks Marquise

zagapotomus
03-17-2012, 10:06 PM
There are so many other things players contribute to a program like this than on the floor. It sounds like quise left his legacy through his mentoring of gbj and pangos. I really hope he knows that, and knows how much his leadership (albeit a different flavor than robs) meant to this team this year. Will miss both of them, but can only smile and be glad our program produces such stand up guys.

ZagMan in Philly
03-18-2012, 06:57 AM
Thank You Marquise for the choice you made to be a Zag. Your leadership and the team first attitude will be missed greatly.

Phillyzag

webspinnre
03-18-2012, 07:04 AM
I think what is so remarkable about Marquise is how much of a team player he's been, even watching as he struggled at times, and at other times just wasn't getting the playing time he'd hoped for. A lot of guys aren't able to swallow their pride like that and be ready to help the team wherever they possibly can. Thanks for everything Marquise!! :clap:

pablo1516
03-18-2012, 07:21 AM
Talk about integrity and class............. thank you MC, you made a difference in our community.

All the best in the next chapter of your life!

zagfaninmt
03-18-2012, 07:24 AM
I wished we could have seen more of Marquise, because what we saw was a very special player and person. Take your degree and do great things, Marquise Carter!

MJ777
03-18-2012, 07:31 AM
You are a heck of a BB player MC. Thanks for giving us your best.

NotoriousZ
03-18-2012, 08:56 AM

This. I don't think we would have even made the NCAA's last year without you, 'Quise. We still have that streak going and that's what I'll remember most about you. Always a Zag.

Thank you.

Proudzagmom
03-18-2012, 09:25 AM
I think what is so remarkable about Marquise is how much of a team player he's been, even watching as he struggled at times, and at other times just wasn't getting the playing time he'd hoped for. A lot of guys aren't able to swallow their pride like that and be ready to help the team wherever they possibly can. Thanks for everything Marquise!! :clap:

Thank you Marquise.

Pure
03-18-2012, 10:23 AM
Great leader. Your attitude will take you to great heights in the future.

Stay strong , and stay thirsty.

U Zig, I Zag
03-18-2012, 10:23 AM
MC is a stud. He saved our bacon last year and though this year was disappointing on some levels I am sure he was worth more than his weight in gold in the locker room and on the floor with the young kids.

It probably didn't go down the way he wanted, no - but I hope the experience was something he will remember fondly.

rennis
03-18-2012, 10:27 AM
He is right up there with Alex, Anthony, and Ira for me. Mature leadership that was indispensible in the short years they played. Thanks Quise, we love you man!

LynetteG
03-18-2012, 10:52 AM
He is right up there with Alex, Anthony, and Ira for me. Mature leadership that was indispensible in the short years they played. Thanks Quise, we love you man!

Nuff said, thanks Quise!!!!!

DADoZAG
03-18-2012, 11:53 AM
...a true gentlemen that gave it all he had.

Thanx Quise!

Go ZAGS!

CaliforniaZaggin'
03-18-2012, 11:57 AM
I want to add one thing: I always got the sense that Marquise was extremely proud to be a Zag. And like UZIZ mentions, I'll always be grateful for him saving our season last year.

gamagin
03-18-2012, 12:11 PM
encouragement and tremendous support given freely to his teammates away from us and out of our sight, turned out to be his most valuable and enduring gift to the program. thank you Marquise, for bringing this young team along the way you did.

Zag79
03-19-2012, 01:46 PM
All of the above plus some. Thank you 'Quise!