PDA

View Full Version : I dont care what anybody thinks, buttttt

izzjess
03-17-2012, 02:32 PM
Where pangos shooting goes, so goes the team!! I know it should not be this way but it is...you just need to look at the track record for this year and see that any game where pangos shot 30% or better from beyond the ark we won and any game where he shot below that mark we lost..I hope that we can find a way to change this next year, either by getting our other guards to shoot more or by getting kevin to be more consistent...When hes on hes on and when hes off hes off...and for some reason (and i know it shouldnt be, because of our talent)where pangos shooting goes so goes the team....But it was still a fun year................P.S. had he shot 30% today????

Oregonzagnut
03-17-2012, 03:42 PM
Twice now Pangos follows up dominating games with horrible games. But they were against tougher competition each time and that was a huge part of his collapses. But the other part was in his head.

Fact is we beat St Marys if Pangos shoots 20%. We beat OSU if Pangos shoots 28%. Instead he shoots 19% in 2 of the most important games of the year.

we played good enough to win but the shots did not fall. And not just Pangos. Other guys had "easy" misses too.

gu03alum
03-17-2012, 03:44 PM
Twice now Pangos follows up dominating games with horrible games. But they were against tougher competition each time and that was a huge part of his collapses. But the other part was in his head.

Fact is we beat St Marys if Pangos shoots 20%. We beat OSU if Pangos shoots 28%. Instead he shoots 19% in 2 of the most important games of the year.

we played good enough to win but the shots did not fall. And not just Pangos. Other guys had "easy" misses too.

You know what goes on in people's head now? That's awesome. What am I thinking right now?

04ZagFan
03-17-2012, 03:45 PM
I'm sure it's been talked about several times already, but DAMN Aaron Craft can defend... Pangos struggled, but who wouldn't have against Craft?

izzjess
03-17-2012, 05:53 PM
i was pleased by bells performance in the last few games...i want him shooting as much or more than kevin...

MJ777
03-18-2012, 12:14 AM
If Elias and KP make 3 more shots combined, Zags would likely be Sweet 16 bound. Some days you don't get the bounces and rolls. That's basketball. Every player played their a$$es off vs TOSU. You can't expect more.

It is not a moral victory for GU in playing a 2 to a narrow defeat, especially when two 2s were taken down the day before. The Zags are considered a big boy program by smart opponents and no longer can sneak up on them.
Props to Hart and Stockton for playing great off the bench in the 2nd half. I was ready to vote for DStock for GUnit.

Virginia Zags Fan
03-18-2012, 06:25 AM
I agree with you to a degree. What we are seeing is good teams putting their top defender on Pangos. He will do better with that next year. However I think the addition of KD will make a big difference. He can pass, shoot, and slash. Having that additional distributor on the floor with Kevin and GBJ will make a big difference.

Just_An_Old_Zag
03-18-2012, 06:46 AM
As pangos we goes...

if thats true i the we goes quite far the next 3 years, looking forward to it myself