PDA

View Full Version : Best St. Paddy's Day Ever

75Zag
03-16-2012, 03:19 PM
Until now, my best St. Paddy's Day ever was when they served green beer at dinner in the COG on March 17, 1972. As a barely 18 year old freshman at GU, that seemed like as close to heaven as I was ever going to get. And then after dinner, my hot girlfriend (now known as the lovely Mrs. '75) showed me a couple more things I didn't know about.

But if GU beats Ohio State tomorrow, it will be the best St. Paddy's Day of my life. My Irish Eyes are Shining.

What is your best GU related St. Patrick's Day memory? Only positive karma please, we are trying to build a winner.

Go Bulldogs! Get Bigger! No Three Guard Lineups!

awberke
03-16-2012, 03:58 PM
my hot girlfriend (now known as the lovely Mrs. '75) showed me a couple more things I didn't know about.

Math tutoring?

Just_An_Old_Zag
03-16-2012, 04:08 PM
sorry i cant remember...and what happened to the beer smiley???

gamagin
03-16-2012, 04:15 PM
Until now, my best St. Paddy's Day ever was when they served green beer at dinner in the COG on March 17, 1972. As a barely 18 year old freshman at GU, that seemed like as close to heaven as I was ever going to get. And then after dinner, my hot girlfriend (now known as the lovely Mrs. '75) showed me a couple more things I didn't know about.

But if GU beats Ohio State tomorrow, it will be the best St. Paddy's Day of my life. My Irish Eyes are Shining.

What is your best GU related St. Patrick's Day memory? Only positive karma please, we are trying to build a winner.

I was standing in the fenced in area of Jack and Dan's.

Not sure if it was THE 17th, but the st. patrick's day parade was that day, and J & D's was full of Paddy's day (parade) celebrants.

I also won $100 on that shot shown round the world.

rijman
03-16-2012, 04:16 PM
My best St. Paddy's day ever was 3/17/12 when GU beat Ohio St in the NCAA tourney. I can remember it like it was yesterday.

Bulldog
03-16-2012, 04:35 PM
I've been trying to forget.......

CaliforniaZaggin'
03-16-2012, 04:42 PM
Asking me to remember something that happened on St. Patrick's Day is nearly impossible request. However, I remember picking up my credit card at the Star Lounge with a wicked hangover on the morning of 3/18/2009, so I assume I had a great time the night before.

Birddog
03-16-2012, 04:45 PM
St Paddy's day in Memphis was pretty nice!

75Zag
03-16-2012, 05:16 PM
Math tutoring?

Good guess. What is 75 minus 6?

spike_jr
03-16-2012, 06:27 PM
Good guess. What is 75 minus 6?

I just don't get why some people don't like math!

SDUQ
03-16-2012, 10:34 PM
My best St. Partick's day was 11 years ago when I got married. Anniversaries can be complicated. Good thing I have an understanding spouse.

McZag
03-17-2012, 03:51 AM
Too many great 17th's to pick just one.

But if I had to pick a GU related one it would be 1994. We got a keg of Henry's Ale at our house on Nora and had a revolving door of folks stopping by starting at 9am. Never made it to class that day.

Zags had just beat Stanford in the first round of the NIT (first WCC championship team and first post season win) and were headed to their second round game at K-state. That successful season began this 18 year run that extends into tonight......................

AND INTO NEXT WEEKEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1994_National_Invitation_Tournament