PDA

View Full Version : "We might as well pack our bags now"

cggonzaga
03-16-2012, 07:02 AM
Sullinger radio interview after their game last night. "If we play like tonight with no intensity on Saturday against Gonzaga, we might as well pack our bags and go home right now. Gonzaga beat a very tough West Virginia team."

montanazag88
03-16-2012, 07:34 AM
it is unlikely we will shoot as well against a much bigger team. WVU was big but played wide - not tall. OSU will be much tougher to shoot over and conversely to defend, due to their length.

Defensive pressure needs to exceed that of OSU's. WVU was not well defended from the 3 yesterday (they missed plenty open/momenum changing 3's) and OSU will shoot it much better, likely. Cozying up a little better to 3 point shooters and improving our defensive switching on D could make things tougher on OSU....assuming yesterday's defensive and rebounding aggressiveness continues.

We played excellent yesterday, but WVM played poorly....sending OSU a message of toughness will bode well for GU once again, but likely in a much tougher game.

bartruff1
03-16-2012, 07:41 AM
I have to keep reminding myself that the freshmen were playing high school kids a year ago and now they are going to play Ohio State in the NCAA Tourney on national television !!! And they are sporting some pretty damn impressive beards !!!! If I was Few, I would be going around the cognoscente in Pittsburg bragging like...." no problem, they zipped up Tu.... they shut down that Johnson kid at Zona.... Bell owns Carlino... Delly had to bust his butt to get anything...Arron who ?.....etc..."

Ezag
03-16-2012, 07:49 AM
I just hope we can keep up the stellar play. We smoked St. John's last year in the first game and laid a goose egg in the 2nd. Of course, Jimmer has something to do with that.

zagray
03-16-2012, 08:29 AM
Our performance in game two has been less than impressive the last couple of years. Spanked by Cuse only to see them loose to Butler the next game. Spanked by BYU only to see them lose to a soft Florida team the next game.
Today is a BIG day, no time for a victory hangover, its going to take our A game to compete. The effort will be there but against a #2 execution and a great game plan are a must.

madness
03-16-2012, 08:50 AM
Our performance in game two has been less than impressive the last couple of years. Spanked by Cuse only to see them loose to Butler the next game. Spanked by BYU only to see them lose to a soft Florida team the next game.
Today is a BIG day, no time for a victory hangover, its going to take our A game to compete. The effort will be there but against a #2 execution and a great game plan are a must.

Don't forget our key guys on both teams (Bouldin/Gray) were fighting major injuries in the tournament.