PDA

View Full Version : WVU Bigs--Tommie Mccune leaving program

Zagdawg
03-13-2012, 12:00 PM
It looks like West Virginias bigs just took another hit-- freshman Tommie Mccune leaving the program to get some more playing time 6' 8".

Leaves them with 3 bigs on the roster that are not injured (Noreen 6 10" and Forsythe 6 11" are out).

Looking at the last 5 games for avg stats

Rutledge 6'8" Mins:16 PTs:4.8 RBs:6.6 Fouls: 3
Jones 6'8" Mins:38 PTs:18.4 RBs:10.2 Fouls: 1.8
Kilicli 6'9" Mins:25 PTs:6.4 RBs:5 Fouls: 3.8

I like what I am seeing-- we run them to death and see if we can get a couple of them in foul trouble.

The info about Mccune leaving the program is from the WV scout board.

former1dog
03-13-2012, 12:06 PM
This will have zero affect on our game against WVU.

McCune has more "did not play's" this season than games he played in.

He didn't play in 9 of their last 11 games.

raise the zag
03-13-2012, 12:07 PM
I expected a lot of 3-guard, 4-guard lineups vs us, especially when Paul Bunyon needs a blow, which is quite frequently. I like our chances as long as we exploit their weaknesses i.e. shooting = zone. slow bigs = transition. depth = run & sub., etc.

Kevin Noreen. Kevin Noreen. Noreeeeeen. Why does that name seem so darn familiar? Was he a Zag recruit? I don't forget a face or a name. Hmmm...

ZagNative
03-13-2012, 12:33 PM
Kevin Noreen. Kevin Noreen. Noreeeeeen. Why does that name seem so darn familiar? Was he a Zag recruit? I don't forget a face or a name. Hmmm...Yes. He was on the watch list for quite a while. As I recall, the staff passed on him.

Gonswagga
03-13-2012, 12:41 PM
The shallower the better. If Rob can pin some fouls on their starters, Huggs is going to have to make some tough decisions.

Zagdawg
03-13-2012, 12:42 PM
He may not get many minutes-- but the extra big body on the bench is good to have. Similiar to Spangler for us this year-- he does not play a lot--but when he had his finger injury -- I was not comfortable with just 3 bigs.

For WVU -- of their last 5 games -- here are the foul numbers for the other two bigs besides Jones (the guy is very good at not fouling).

Rutledge/Kilicli
5 fouls-- 3 times
4 fouls--4 times
3 fouls-- 2 times

Rob/Harris average qty 6-8 fouls on opponents per game (toss in Dower and we are up to 9 or 10 fouls per game on the opposing team).

The way Big Rob draws fouls-- I like our chances to get at least one of their bigs in foul trouble.

liwvu13
03-13-2012, 12:52 PM
He may not get many minutes-- but the extra big body on the bench is good to have. Similiar to Spangler for us this year-- he does not play a lot--but when he had his finger injury -- I was not comfortable with just 3 bigs.

For WVU -- of their last 5 games -- here are the foul numbers for the other two bigs besides Jones (the guy is very good at not fouling).

Rutledge/Kilicli
5 fouls-- 3 times
4 fouls--4 times
3 fouls-- 2 times

Rob/Harris average qty 6-8 fouls on opponents per game (toss in Dower and we are up to 9 or 10 fouls per game on the opposing team).

The way Big Rob draws fouls-- I like our chances to get at least one of their bigs in foul trouble.

If Kilicli, Rutledge and Jones fouled out ,Mccune still wouldn't see the court so this doesn't really change anything. As a previous poster stated Jones never gets into foul trouble. Now Kilicli and Rutledge thats another story. We are definitely thin up front. I think a lot will come down to how the refs call the game. If their soft WVU could be in a lot of trouble. If they let us play I think its advantage WVU.

Either way good luck to you guys I have much respect for your program.

Colbyspapa
03-13-2012, 12:56 PM
If Kilicli, Rutledge and Jones fouled out ,Mccune still wouldn't see the court so this doesn't really change anything. As a previous poster stated Jones never gets into foul trouble. Now Kilicli and Rutledge thats another story. We are definitely thin up front. I think a lot will come down to how the refs call the game. If their soft WVU could be in a lot of trouble. If they let us play I think its advantage WVU.

Either way good luck to you guys I have much respect for your program.

This was just wishful thinking on our parts. It is clear this won't affect the game.

Zagdawg
03-13-2012, 01:04 PM
I agree.....nothing to see here...move along.

WVU will be fine. :)