PDA

View Full Version : tournament countdown espnu

gonwick
03-12-2012, 04:05 PM
Fascinating breakdown of coaching process from the time tournament pairings are announced by dino gaudio. Unfortunately, they chose to role play wvu and are showing scouting breakdowns on gu that are extremely accurate. They have rundowns on player tendencies and weaknesses. Look for a replay if you can.

I didn't realize coaches will call our opponent's teams coaches to get dirt. Too bad we have so many bitter coaches in our league.

awberke
03-12-2012, 05:08 PM
What do you mean? We don't have any weaknesses.

gonwick
03-12-2012, 06:11 PM
Dino also said that the higher seed gets better hotels. Which seems odd, but at least gu has that going for them. Wonder of wvu will even bother with hotels given the short drive.

Oregonzagnut
03-12-2012, 06:17 PM
I didn't realize coaches will call our opponent's teams coaches to get dirt. Too bad we have so many bitter coaches in our league.

Our WCC coaches have absolutely zero to gain by giving GU's opponents in the tournament info. In fact, that would hurt their own team indirectly by hurting our conference strength and ultimately hurting recruiting, media and TV clout.

Silly suggestion.

Bitter yes. Self sabotaging, NO!!!

gonwick
03-12-2012, 06:47 PM
Maybe they just call guys they have a working relationship with, but it was clearly something dino has done and it surprised me. I would hope opposing wcc coaches wouldn't do it for the reasons above but who knows.

MDABE80
03-12-2012, 08:07 PM
lolol...why call the other coaches!?!!?!? They can see us on ESPN 50% of the time.:)