PDA

View Full Version : Top 5 games......

MDABE80
03-11-2012, 11:43 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/blog/eye-on-college-basketball/17737058/the-five-must-see-round-of-64-games

Oregonzagnut
03-12-2012, 12:24 AM
Cool, we are top billing even on the east coast.

But from what I am reading on the WV boards is that WVU and UPitt absolutely despise one another. IMO, anyone who is NOT a WVU fan might pay root against WVU! TBH, Pittsburgh fans (Pitt didn't even make it into the NIT) might even pay to root against WVU! We should see a pretty evenly matched crowd even in Pittsburgh. Again, my opinion.

It seems either you love Huggy Bear or...... you don't. Not many say "Who's Bob Huggins?"

kitzbuel
03-12-2012, 03:16 AM
But from what I am reading on the WV boards is that WVU and UPitt absolutely despise one another.

They have a genetically ingrained hatred of one another.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Backyard_Brawl

Martin Centre Mad Man
03-12-2012, 05:37 AM
But from what I am reading on the WV boards is that WVU and UPitt absolutely despise one another. IMO, anyone who is NOT a WVU fan might pay root against WVU! TBH, Pittsburgh fans (Pitt didn't even make it into the NIT) might even pay to root against WVU! We should see a pretty evenly matched crowd even in Pittsburgh. Again, my opinion.

It seems either you love Huggy Bear or...... you don't. Not many say "Who's Bob Huggins?"

I don't think Huggy Bear's own mother likes him.

willandi
03-12-2012, 06:53 AM
Which WVU player wears a mouthpiece? so we can identify him early! Are Huggins and Bennet related?

siliconzag
03-12-2012, 07:19 AM
Sometimes a single event can change a way I feel about a person. Like many Zag fans, especially after his conduct in Salt Lake City when he was thrown out of a game for protesting a call against his Cincinnati team, I didn't like Bobby. No doubt he is intense, no question he is competitive, but I had no understanding of why his players seem to love him so much until I saw this. I used to routinely root against him, and now I am the opposite, until now of course.

Many of you will remember this. It shows a gentle side of Huggy. If I remember right, Da'Sean Butler told Coach that he had let him down and he was sorry. The incident was pure pathos and greatly moved everyone watching.

I found this on You Tube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtRJXLyS0_U

Anyway, I hope we beat WVU, and I think we will this year, but all of my rancor towards this passionate coach is gone, forever.

CDC84
03-12-2012, 08:04 AM
The thing about Huggins is this....he's a hard a$$ and very tough on his players, but if you play your heart out for him, there probably isn't a coach in the game who is more loyal to his players. He has your back. He's not one of these guys who just hells at people without a purpose. When he was let go at Cincinnati, just about every player who played for him at Cincy came to his side and supported him.

Huggy's reaction to Butler's injury at the final four was one of the most moving moments in the history of the college game.

cjm720
03-12-2012, 08:27 AM
I think Long Beach State has a good chance to upset New Mexico...

former1dog
03-12-2012, 08:29 AM
I found this on You Tube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtRJXLyS0_U

Anyway, I hope we beat WVU, and I think we will this year, but all of my rancor towards this passionate coach is gone, forever.

Thanks for sharing that, Sili.

DixieZag
03-12-2012, 08:44 AM
If Gonzaga's ticket allotment is not filled - it would be a great move by the AD to run an ad in the Pitt Gazette offering tickets to "preffered Pitt Alum" and letting Pitt have some of the un-used tickets - promising to "step in" for Pitt and beat WV.

We really could do a few things to off-set this injustice. Every talking-head has mentioned it, so lets do something about it.

kclubfounder
03-12-2012, 09:30 AM
If Gonzaga's ticket allotment is not filled - it would be a great move by the AD to run an ad in the Pitt Gazette offering tickets to "preffered Pitt Alum" and letting Pitt have some of the un-used tickets - promising to "step in" for Pitt and beat WV.

We really could do a few things to off-set this injustice. Every talking-head has mentioned it, so lets do something about it.

Excellent idea.

Somebody on this board who has access to the proper person should pass this idea on.

Today.

There is no time to waste.