PDA

View Full Version : The Wit & Wisdom of Bob Huggins

RenoZag
03-11-2012, 08:27 PM
From West Virginia Metro News (http://www.wvmetronews.com/wvu.cfm?func=displayfullstory&storyid=51511)

MOUNTAINEER HEAD COACH BOB HUGGINS:

On playing in Pittsburgh

What makes you think I am happy about it? You are not going to get the ticket requests that I am going to get.

On what he knows about Gonzaga

I don’t know very much. I have seen some of their highlights. Sometimes I will cut the tape off, and they will be on late at night. I know Mark Few pretty well. We played them a couple times when I was in Cincinnati. I will know more about them in a while.

HOOTER
03-11-2012, 08:53 PM
What makes you think I am happy about it? You are not going to get the ticket requests that I am going to get.

Good problem to have. The Zags have the privilege of playing yet another double digit seed that somehow earned a chance to play in their own backyard. Bummer for huggy bear.

RenoZag
03-12-2012, 04:19 PM
More from Huggy:

To Jamie Smalligan - "You haven't hit a three since Moby Dick was a minnow."

"I told them if they got a rebound, they might like it, and want to get another one!"

"If Devin would have thrown two more balls into the stands he would have had a triple double."

Reporter at Pitt game: "Coach, what are your goals for the second half?"
Huggy: "Score more points than they do."

"I grew up in Midvale (Ohio), 500 people, two stoplights, nine bars. I got in the truck with this guy one time and I looked and he didn't have a rear-view mirror. I said, 'You don't have a rear-view mirror.' He said, 'I don't back up.' He said, 'We're going forward, son.' And that's kind of how I've lived my life."

"If somebody misses a blockout," center Jamie Smalligan said. "Huggs will just say, 'I was dead on the floor for two minutes (referring to his heart attack) and I could block that guy out.'"

“As of now, Jamie has as many rebounds as a dead man.”

HUGGS on ESPN with Doug Gottlieb: When Gottlieb asked him the difference between KSU and WVU..he said it is refreshing to have guys at WVU that can shoot….. unlike you ......

"It's Andy Katz, man," Huggins said. "It's not like it's someone who knows what they're talking about."

Dec. 12 after 64-61 victory over Duquesne - "At this point in the season, I'm just looking for guys who don't screw the game up,'' Huggins said. "We've got a lot of guys who can screw the game up.''

Jan.23 after beating South Fla. 56-46 Casey Mitchell had 14 rebounds for WVU - "I just told USF coach Stan Heath that he misses so many, he knows where they're going,"

"There’s nobody in this league that’s going to let you shoot layups the whole game. Except maybe us. We do once in a while. We’re very charitable.”

http://www.smokingmusket.com/2011/3/23/2066858/huggs-isms-quoting-the-always-quotable-wvu-coach-bob-huggins

Bulldog
03-12-2012, 04:48 PM
More from Huggy:

To Jamie Smalligan - "You haven't hit a three since Moby Dick was a minnow."

"I told them if they got a rebound, they might like it, and want to get another one!"

"If Devin would have thrown two more balls into the stands he would have had a triple double."

Reporter at Pitt game: "Coach, what are your goals for the second half?"
Huggy: "Score more points than they do."

"I grew up in Midvale (Ohio), 500 people, two stoplights, nine bars. I got in the truck with this guy one time and I looked and he didn't have a rear-view mirror. I said, 'You don't have a rear-view mirror.' He said, 'I don't back up.' He said, 'We're going forward, son.' And that's kind of how I've lived my life."

"If somebody misses a blockout," center Jamie Smalligan said. "Huggs will just say, 'I was dead on the floor for two minutes (referring to his heart attack) and I could block that guy out.'"

“As of now, Jamie has as many rebounds as a dead man.”

HUGGS on ESPN with Doug Gottlieb: When Gottlieb asked him the difference between KSU and WVU..he said it is refreshing to have guys at WVU that can shoot….. unlike you ......

"It's Andy Katz, man," Huggins said. "It's not like it's someone who knows what they're talking about."

Dec. 12 after 64-61 victory over Duquesne - "At this point in the season, I'm just looking for guys who don't screw the game up,'' Huggins said. "We've got a lot of guys who can screw the game up.''

Jan.23 after beating South Fla. 56-46 Casey Mitchell had 14 rebounds for WVU - "I just told USF coach Stan Heath that he misses so many, he knows where they're going,"

"There’s nobody in this league that’s going to let you shoot layups the whole game. Except maybe us. We do once in a while. We’re very charitable.”

http://www.smokingmusket.com/2011/3/23/2066858/huggs-isms-quoting-the-always-quotable-wvu-coach-bob-huggins

Highly entertaining.:roll: