• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZaggyStardust
    Kennel Club Alum
    • Feb 2007

Calling ZagNative

Since you have posting priveliges on the Cyclone board please respond to the guy in this post who says "wait till ESPN figures out the Zags aren't good without Ammo" (paraphrasing here).... Remind him that we just renewed our ESPN contract through geez, I can't remember, about 2050..... And what about the links showing our incoming class rated between 10 and 20 on almost all the services...... I'm sorry but his comments just absolutely rubbed me the wrong way.....

And welcome to Mr. Gibbs..... He made a great decision!!!!

Last edited by ZaggyStardust; 07-17-2007, 05:47 PM. Reason: forgot the link!!!
  • ZagNative
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by ZaggyStardust View Post
    Since you have posting priveliges on the Cyclone board please respond to the guy in this post who says "wait till ESPN figures out the Zags aren't good without Ammo" (paraphrasing here).... Remind him that we just renewed our ESPN contract through geez, I can't remember, about 2050..... And what about the links showing our incoming class rated between 10 and 20 on almost all the services...... I'm sorry but his comments just absolutely rubbed me the wrong way.....

And welcome to Mr. Gibbs..... He made a great decision!!!!

http://www.cyclonefanatic.com/forum/...608-gibbs.html
    That was a pretty funny post, wasn't it? I saw it and considered responding. However, they were really invested in Grant and have to be very disappointed they didn't get him. They're nice folks over on that board, and I don't think I'd want to jump in the middle of them right now.

Most of their comments on the Zags have been pretty friendly, so I'd rather give them a little time to put up a few "We-didn't-want-him-anyway" posts before poking a stick in their cage.

I'm just glad Grant's going to be with us in 2008!

Comment

• ZaggyStardust
      Kennel Club Alum
      • Feb 2007

You are right! I am never one to "rub it in" so to speak but like I saidl, his comments were, well, JUST STUPID.... I guess I just felt better after at least responding here in the way that I did - and I'm glad you are the quality Zag Fan that you are.... I never want us to stoop to the level of so many message board posters.... (are you listening USF????) Thanks ZagNative for repping us so very well.....

Comment

• Rubbadub
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

How about this one:

Originally posted by thakeepa14
        Tough to swallow no doubt.......but it'll be a little tougher for him to swallow in the next couple years when we're on ESPN more than he is!!!
        sigpic Just Foo'in around.

Comment

• ZaggyStardust
          Kennel Club Alum
          • Feb 2007

NOOOOOOO - they didn't really say that did they????? Guess they haven't heard that Duke is the only team on ESPN more than the Zags.... In fact, I'm not sure I've EVER seen Iowa St on ESPN! Oh well. Must be nice to live in a fuzzy world with no sharp edges!!!!

Comment

• MickMick
            Zag for Life
            • Apr 2007

Imagine the air time if this very talented Zag team realizes their potential.
            Incredible as it may sound, this program is still on the rise.

ESPN needs that late night (by Eastern standards) time slot filled and the Zags are in position to keep those sponsers happy.

I see more than just enertia...I see acceleration.
            I miss Mike Hart

Comment

Working...
            X