sittingon50
03-11-2012, 06:09 PM
Will post one for now: Current Consecutive NCAA Tournies

1. Kansas 23
2. Duke 17
3. MSU 15
4. GU 14
4. Wisconsin 14
4. Texas 14 (I didn't think they were going to get in)

Next on the list was:
7. Pittsburgh 10 (not even close to making it this year)

Pretty impressive company & accomplishment.

bballbeachbum
03-11-2012, 06:13 PM
lots of excellence in there

awberke
03-11-2012, 06:16 PM
Will post one for now: Current Consecutive NCAA Tournies

1. Kansas 23
2. Duke 17
3. MSU 15
4. GU 14
4. Wisconsin 14
4. Texas 14 (I didn't think they were going to get in)

Next on the list was:
7. Pittsburgh 10 (not even close to making it this year)

Pretty impressive company & accomplishment.

Wasn't Arizona up there until this year?

Nevermind, i was thinking of all time consecutive, non-current.

sittingon50
03-11-2012, 06:24 PM
Yep, Ariz. had 25 in a row (good for #2), missed in 2010.

UNC=27 (1975-2001).

75Zag
03-11-2012, 07:00 PM
Interesting, but I would gladly trade a 20 year NCAA string for one Final Four appearance. The "Always a Bridesmaid Never a Bride" thing starts to get old after a while.

Go Bulldogs! Get Bigger! No Three Guard Lineups!

SwainZag
03-11-2012, 10:54 PM
Interesting, but I would gladly trade a 20 year NCAA string for one Final Four appearance. The "Always a Bridesmaid Never a Bride" thing starts to get old after a while.

Go Bulldogs! Get Bigger! No Three Guard Lineups!

As much as you might say that, I doubt it's true. I love watching this team get a bid every year, even if it's only for an extra 1-2-3 games. Sure a final four would be nice, but I would never trade for 20 years of good exciting basketball.

04ZagFan
03-11-2012, 10:59 PM
As much as you might say that, I doubt it's true. I love watching this team get a bid every year, even if it's only for an extra 1-2-3 games. Sure a final four would be nice, but I would never trade for 20 years of good exciting basketball.

It's an interesting question... Do I trade this streak for George Masons fluke final four..? No, for a few reasons. 1- I don't believe Gonzaga is done. The more we play in the NCAA tournament, the closer we become to reaching that final four. 2-The program isn't declining by any means. I don't think anybody is expecting to fall of the side of the earth next year. That final four is still ahead, and not in the rear view mirror.

Now, do I trade the streak for Butlers back to back appearances in the NCAA championship game? 2 final four banners? Yes, especially considering Butlers body of work in the NCAA tournament prior to their first final four was good.

zagamatic
03-11-2012, 11:28 PM
Let's start a new streak shall we? This is the first time in a LONG LONG TIME that the Zags didn't win either the regular season or WCC tourney title. I want this team to use that as fuel to start a string of Elite 8 and beyond runs. Cameo appearances in the big dance are nice and all, but let's stop bein nice and whup some butt!