PDA

View Full Version : What teams are you gonna root for in the Dance?

zagitarious
03-11-2012, 04:21 PM
Which schools that aren't named GU or SMC are you gonna be rooting for in the tourney?

I wanna see Mizzou finally get to the final four. They've been a fun team to watch this year. Also I can't help but root for a Tom Izzo team.

jazzdelmar
03-11-2012, 04:22 PM
byu, iona, lehigh, harvard, liu brooklyn, nd, ....

BobZag
03-11-2012, 04:26 PM
Izzo to win it all.

Alford to do well.

rawkmandale
03-11-2012, 04:32 PM
Montana, Belmont, Iowa State, Indiana, Colorado, South Dakota State, Long Beach State, BYU, Virginia, Detroit.

I do think Missouri could win it all - disappointed they are in the same region as Michigan State, as that could be a great championship game.

Really hoping the 3 WCC teams play well.

Thomas_Sutpen
03-11-2012, 04:35 PM
Alford to do well.

In other words, Monson and Long Beach State to lose?

I'll be pulling for the 49ers in that one.

Also rooting for Indiana, Michigan State, St. Louis, Murray St, SMC, BYU, and anyone/everyone playing against Kentucky. The Evil Empire must lose!

UKWildcatsFan
03-11-2012, 04:42 PM
Kentucky.

Zagdawg
03-11-2012, 04:44 PM
WCC---Long Beach State.

Oregonzagnut
03-11-2012, 04:48 PM
UNC Asheville and Loyola!

I want to see the 16 beat the 1 seed in our bracket. Loyola going down wouldn't hurt my feelings either.

But realistically, I will be rooting for BYU, Long Beach St, Montana and Creighton.

ZagMan in Philly
03-11-2012, 04:49 PM
Loyola Maryland to beat Ohio State, Of course.

ID ZAGFAN
03-11-2012, 04:57 PM
WCC, LBState, Montana, Michigan (Go Jordie!)

ZaGranny

MedZag
03-11-2012, 05:00 PM
Toppers!

Martin Centre Mad Man
03-11-2012, 05:08 PM
1. Gonzaga - Alma Mater

2. Montana - Home town team

3. SMC and BYU - Fellow WCC teams

4. LBSU - For Monson

5. Any Catholic school that didn't let all of its players continue to play after they got into a huge bench-clearing brawl during the non-conference season.

6. Any little school that gets hot and takes out a traditional power.

7. Anybody playing UCONN, Syracuse, Kentucky, Louisville, Memphis or Ohio State.

8. Virginia and Texas because I spent a lot of time on those two campuses while I was in the Army and came very close to choosing one or the other for law school.

MJ777
03-11-2012, 05:11 PM
WKU, BYU, SMC, LBSU, SaDSU, SoDSU, MT, UNLV, Mich St, Murray St, Creighton and UDubb in the NIT.

Rangerzag
03-11-2012, 05:17 PM
Toppers!

+1 among others.

jazzdelmar
03-11-2012, 05:18 PM
LOVE to see UCONN beat UK. two toxic programs but hate cal.

UberZagFan
03-11-2012, 05:19 PM
The Shockers.

Longbeach.

The Other GU.

The Hilltoppers.

awberke
03-11-2012, 05:31 PM
Who says i'm pulling for SMC. :jk: But seriously, i'm not.

zagitarious
03-11-2012, 05:38 PM
I dont blame you. I wouldn't root for BYU even if it meant the Zags would go to the EE. Don't really like their players much and I find myself despising their fans more and more.

ZagLawGrad
03-11-2012, 05:42 PM
I'll be rooting for the underdogs, whoever they may be, except WVU. Anything to avoid the propsect of the Number 1 or 2 seeds still hanging around at the end. Butler made it fun the past two years.

siliconzag
03-11-2012, 05:45 PM
in addition to our home team (of course). I am going to Portland even though the Zags aren't. I sometimes go to watch teams that have no connection. I can't get enthused about SMC either, WCC loyalty not being a real compelling argument for me. I would like to see Cal do well. I would love to see SLU (Majerus) do well, and it would be fun to see St. Bonaventure's keep on keepin on.

Creighton got hosed incidentally. An 8 seed is an insult given some of the other seedings, and as a reward for beating Alabama, they will face UNC. That will be a shoot out. They have a chance, albeit slim.

Zags actually have a pretty good shot. Ohio State doesn't finish well, kind of reminds me of our team actually.

northsidezagfan
03-11-2012, 05:47 PM
Gonzaga

UKWildcatsFan
03-11-2012, 05:53 PM
Kentucky.

bballbeachbum
03-11-2012, 06:09 PM
I'll be rooting for the underdogs, whoever they may be, except WVU. Anything to avoid the propsect of the Number 1 or 2 seeds still hanging around at the end. Butler made it fun the past two years.

yes...the Madness. I like the Madnesssssss!

awberke
03-11-2012, 06:10 PM
Kentucky.

It must be so hard to be a UK fan.

Martin Centre Mad Man
03-11-2012, 06:12 PM
Creighton got hosed incidentally. An 8 seed is an insult given some of the other seedings, and as a reward for beating Alabama, they will face UNC. That will be a shoot out. They have a chance, albeit slim.

I think Creighton was the most-underseeded team in this tournament. I'm not complaining, because to move them down would probably bump us into their 8 seed.

I'd love to see them take down Alabama and UNC.

75Zag
03-11-2012, 06:22 PM
I would like to see Kentucky play Ohio State in a semifinal game. Terrence Jones from Portland is a really good player with local connections for me, and in my opinion Sullinger is one of the better talents that have come out of the college ranks in the past 10 years. Both look to have tremendous NBA upside.

Michigan State v Kansas would also be interesting, but mostly for the fact that both schools play very differently.

A Kentucky v KU National Championship game would be enjoyable but I hate to give my Kansas friends the bragging rights (again).

Go Bulldogs! Get Bigger! No Three Guard Lineups!

Zagpower
03-11-2012, 06:28 PM
UNLV
VCU
S Dakota St
LBSU
Murray State
Vanderbilt
Montana
Creighton
Belmont
Detroit
St. Marys

ZagDaddy
03-11-2012, 07:16 PM
Interesting year. The alma maters of everyone in my family is in the dance:

Gonzaga
Montana
MSU
Michigan
Detroit

Add Lehigh to that list because of family ties as well as St. Mary's and BYU because of WCC. It's going to be fun. Hopefully more than one of those makes some noise.

maynard g krebs
03-11-2012, 07:23 PM
Long Beach
Murray St.
Montana
SMC

jim77
03-11-2012, 07:40 PM
GU...SMC...BYU....MONTANA...SDST...LBST..........I also think MURRAY ST is better than its seed. Izzo may have ANOTHER final 4 team this year....the sparties again are playing their best ball at the right time of year.

Gonswagga
03-11-2012, 07:44 PM
Belmont
California
Creighton
Izzo
Kentucky
Long Beach St
Missouri
the MWAC
Vanderbilt
the WCC

not WVU :P

RenoZag
03-11-2012, 07:44 PM
Which schools that aren't named GU or SMC are you gonna be rooting for in the tourney?

Haven't filled out a bracket yet. . .

:)

willandi
03-11-2012, 07:52 PM
WCC, Montana, LB State, Mich St, Mich. Not related to brackets, but who I'll be rooting for.
Against= all B East, Syracuse (specifically- I think they should not be allowed to play as any wins will probably be vacated and that hurts the teams they may beat), all the #1 seeds that lost in their conference tourneys.

Kiddwell
03-11-2012, 08:04 PM
This is easy...DREXEL! (OK, it's the NIT, which, by the way, is featuring four PAC-12 schools.)

:]

willandi
03-11-2012, 09:16 PM
I would like to see Kentucky play Ohio State in a semifinal game. Terrence Jones from Portland is a really good player with local connections for me, and in my opinion Sullinger is one of the better talents that have come out of the college ranks in the past 10 years. Both look to have tremendous NBA upside.

Michigan State v Kansas would also be interesting, but mostly for the fact that both schools play very differently.

A Kentucky v KU National Championship game would be enjoyable but I hate to give my Kansas friends the bragging rights (again).

Go Bulldogs! Get Bigger! No Three Guard Lineups!

I would prefer to see us playing Kentucky in a semi final game! I like the match-ups better!

Zag79
03-12-2012, 12:47 AM
Gonzaga

:agreed: Kind of humorous to me how some people listed half of the field as teams they'll root for. :confused: I don't root for anyone but my Zags until they're out. Once that's the case, then I'll "rather have one team beat another" here or there but that's about it. Go Zags!!

Oregonzagnut
03-12-2012, 12:54 AM
:agreed: Kind of humorous to me how some people listed half of the field as teams they'll root for. :confused: I don't root for anyone but my Zags until they're out. Once that's the case, then I'll "rather have one team beat another" here or there but that's about it. Go Zags!!

I see what you are saying. I watch a lot of games that first round and I always root for one team or the other. I am not a purist who watches to see good basketball and scrutinize the plays without caring who wins.

zagfan24
03-12-2012, 03:49 AM
1) Gonzaga - alum
2) Marquette - current grad school
3) Notre Dame - fiance's undergrad
4) Montana - home state
5) St. Bonaventure - good friend's undergrad
6) Anybody playing Kentucky

83topper
03-12-2012, 04:58 AM
Toppers!

thanks

U-Hi_Grad_for_BYU
03-12-2012, 08:50 AM
I dont blame you. I wouldn't root for BYU even if it meant the Zags would go to the EE. Don't really like their players much and I find myself despising their fans more and more.

I am sorry to hear that.

U-Hi_Grad_for_BYU
03-12-2012, 09:02 AM
As a BYU fan, I'll certainly be cheering for GU and SMC.

There are a few coaches that I like that I"ll pull for, like Izzo.

Other than that, I like to see upsets, especially by other non-BCS schools.

former1dog
03-12-2012, 09:09 AM
I only actively root for Gonzaga.

I do occassionally get caught up in the moment and make a "during the game" decision to root for one of the teams in a non Gonzaga game.