PDA

View Full Version : Over/Under

sittingon50
03-11-2012, 02:48 PM
Attendance at ewe dub's 1st round NIT home game?

<4700.

Precedent. Maybe the huskies lawyers can debate it.

Angelo Roncalli
03-11-2012, 02:53 PM
Attendance at ewe dub's 1st round NIT home game?

<4700.

Precedent. Maybe the huskies lawyers can debate it.

The Huskies are bidding to host. Valpo as a conf. champ. is in the NIT.

Could it be? Deja vu all over again?

We can only hope.

Virginia Zags Fan
03-11-2012, 02:57 PM
Hey, they can't play Gonzaga because they need to play higher competition..... in the NIT.

Like I said before, I think it is only a matter of time before Ken Bone gets the Cougars to a place where they consistently beat the Huskies. The true state rivalry will be WSU-GU. Lack of a game with the pups will be irrelevant.

VZF

04ZagFan
03-11-2012, 02:57 PM
Oh man their message board is hilarious. What have we heard the last 10+ years? Apparently now they think that winning your conference, no matter how weak it may be, is important.... Hypocrisy at its finest. Enjoy the NIT you fools!!

04ZagFan
03-11-2012, 02:58 PM
Hey, they can't play Gonzaga because they need to play higher competition..... in the NIT.

Like I said before, I think it is only a matter of time before Ken Bone gets the Cougars to a place where they consistently beat the Huskies. The true state rivalry will be WSU-GU. Lack of a game with the pups will be irrelevant.

VZF

Couldn't disagree more. The only coach doing less with more than Romar is Bone. They hate him, too.

ZagLawGrad
03-11-2012, 03:08 PM
Couldn't disagree more. The only coach doing less with more than Romar is Bone. They hate him, too.

Cougs will own the Huskies in the near future. Losing Casto and Thompson had a big impact his season. Cougs have some good recruits coming in.

maynard g krebs
03-11-2012, 03:28 PM

"Less with more?" Cougs are not very talented overall. Played about to expectations. Romar has 3 5-stars on the perimeter, a 4 star in Ndiae, and Simmons and Wilcox were top 100. Bone has mid-major talent for the most part. Lodwick, Enquist, Shelton, Fresno State transfers/decommits. Got Lacy only because he recognized that he's good before anyone else did. Two and three star guys.

Ridiculous comparison. Gotta wait to see what Bone does in 2 years with at least a middling recruiting class this year (assuming they qualify) and Woolridge.

It's a lot easier to recruit to Seattle than Pullman. Cracking the top half of the Pac in Pullman is as good an accomplishment as a conf title in Seattle.

Oregonzagnut
03-11-2012, 03:36 PM
Romar needs to wake up and play the game with the best teams he can. Gonzaga is probably the best team in the West and certainly in Wash, Idaho, Montana and Oregon. SD St and St Marys are close for sure.

Romar needs to add a home and away with us next year. The hype and talk of in state pride for an entire year will make it worth it for both programs. He needs to accept the embarrassment when they lose and chalk it up to building a resume worthy of an at large. No guts no glory Romar!

Why do I want to bother with UW? I am not sure.

Virginia Zags Fan
03-11-2012, 03:45 PM
At this point there is little gain in playing them. If we win, we were expected to. Recruits may or may not come to us. If we lose, it really hurts us. My how the roles have reversed?

gu03alum
03-11-2012, 03:48 PM
I'm not sure the point of rubbing salt in wounds. Gonzaga is going to the tournament. That's all that matters today.

04ZagFan
03-11-2012, 03:49 PM
"Less with more?" Cougs are not very talented overall. Played about to expectations. Romar has 3 5-stars on the perimeter, a 4 star in Ndiae, and Simmons and Wilcox were top 100. Bone has mid-major talent for the most part. Lodwick, Enquist, Shelton, Fresno State transfers/decommits. Got Lacy only because he recognized that he's good before anyone else did. Two and three star guys.

Ridiculous comparison. Gotta wait to see what Bone does in 2 years with at least a middling recruiting class this year (assuming they qualify) and Woolridge.

It's a lot easier to recruit to Seattle than Pullman. Cracking the top half of the Pac in Pullman is as good an accomplishment as a conf title in Seattle.

I guess you're forgetting what Bone did(n't)do with a pretty good nucleus of Thompson/Casto/Aden/Moore..? Couldn't even make the NCAA tournament? Come on.

It is a lot easier to recruit in Seattle, which helps my argument. It would be an uphill climb for WSU to try and compete at the level UW is at with Romar.

sittingon50
03-13-2012, 09:12 PM
2801!

Yeah, but what with parking & hot dogs.......

Gonswagga
03-13-2012, 09:16 PM
I guess you're forgetting what Bone did(n't)do with a pretty good nucleus of Thompson/Casto/Aden/Moore..? Couldn't even make the NCAA tournament? Come on.

It is a lot easier to recruit in Seattle, which helps my argument. It would be an uphill climb for WSU to try and compete at the level UW is at with Romar.

+1, exactly what my response was going to be.

Big Sky coach, Big Sky talent = a team that belongs in the Big Sky.

maynard g krebs
03-13-2012, 09:45 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember that team being picked for middle of the pac 10.

Abe Lodwick started on that team. No need to elaborate on that. Name a team that got an at-large bid with a starting pf like Lodwick. If you can, I'll concede that you're correct. But of course that would be impossible.

Casto was a solid player, but far from a star. Better than average, but that's it. UCLA and Zona usually have a stable of bigs better than Casto.

Thompson was strictly a spot-up shooter under Bennett. 30 ft attempts his entire fr year. Transformed his game playing for Bone, becoming an all around scorer who got to the line like 200+ times.

Aden was a first year jc, could score but a low % jumpshooter who didn't pass or defend much. Before his injury, he was pac 10 player of the week based on his ability to score midrange and get to the rack and to the line, something he couldn't do when he came to WSU.

Moore has been inconsistent.

And the fact that it's easier to recruit to Seattle contradicts your argument, rather than helping it. Of course it would be an uphill climb for WSU to compete with UW, given the built in advantages for UW. That was my point.