PDA

View Full Version : 3 WCC Teams Dancing

ridgebackzag
03-11-2012, 02:21 PM
SMC and GU, of course. BYU has a play-in vs Iona for a 14th seed. Awesome!

Oregonzagnut
03-11-2012, 02:27 PM
Wow!! we have to give ourselves credit for staying true to our standards and commitment to excellence. Gonzaga has made the WCC the best. While every other WCC team is of the highest standards, Gonzaga brought everyone up a notch. or three. And attracted BYU to join.

All WCC teams can pat themselves on the backs.

And we are a 7 seed!!!!!!

CaliforniaZaggin'
03-11-2012, 03:22 PM
Better still, the WCC could realistically have three teams that win at least one game in the tournament.

Martin Centre Mad Man
03-11-2012, 04:06 PM
Prior to the Selection Show, I was hoping for all three teams to advance to the Sweet Sixteen. Having seen the matchups, I'm not sure that the bracket makes that possibility at all realistic.

MJ777
03-11-2012, 04:52 PM
Digger picked WVU. Whew, I feel better now. I think BYU got screwed with their seeding. Had they been in the MWC, they likely would have finished ahead of CSU which received an 11. I guess they were punished for playing in the WCC.

Congrats to the Gaels and Cougs.....WIN!

Beat WVU!!

RenoZag
03-11-2012, 04:53 PM
The head of the selection committee ( on the TruTv post-bracket show ) said the conferences and schools do a good job of giving the committee information on key injuries and other factors which can come into consideration. . .looks like BYU and the WCC did a better job making their case than the Whack 12 did.

I know the committee procedures kept Zaninovich out of the room when GU, SMC, and BYU were being discussed but it looks like it didn't hurt the WCC to have him on the selection committee.

gamagin
03-11-2012, 05:01 PM
SMC and GU, of course. BYU has a play-in vs Iona for a 14th seed. Awesome!

one of the talking heads expressed puzzlement that BYU got in and UW did not. One wins the (crappy, we all know) Pac 12, while BYU . . . . .

This time it wasn't Vitale, who said UW shudda, coulda, woulda, too.

The sting, meantime, for nearly the whole Pac 12 getting the NCAA back of the hand, has got to run deep. Like how much did it cost those 12 to lay this gigantic unspectacular egg ? Vs. the WCC.

Three VW bugs beat out 10 ferraris and a couple of Mclaren's. Plus Nike.

BULLDOG#1
03-11-2012, 05:09 PM
BYU could make some noise. Seriously.

They should be Iona and I think they'll give marq all they can handle.

Rangerzag
03-11-2012, 05:13 PM
Two sides of the same story come forward.

As Ione is the most spoken of team that should not have an invite it most likely puts a huge chip on Ione's shoulder and a ton of locker room bulletin board incentive material for their team and coaches.

The other side is that BYU will be expected to win, earns no respect if the do and become goats of the tourney if they loose. At least if the Cougars win the have the next game to work with.

MJGoGaels
03-11-2012, 07:12 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/53100/10-bold-predictions-about-the-ncaa-tourney

Doesn't care for WCC in the NCAA tournament a predicted 0-3 in the first games... wow.

Gonswagga
03-11-2012, 07:15 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/53100/10-bold-predictions-about-the-ncaa-tourney

Doesn't care for WCC in the NCAA tournament a predicte 0-3 in the first games... wow.

I imagine a dude named Myron Medcalf doesn't like a whole lotta things...

sittingon50
03-11-2012, 09:14 PM
Myron is a rookie, covered the Gophers. Wonder if he thinks they should be in?

Oregonzagnut
03-11-2012, 09:35 PM

Doesn't care for WCC in the NCAA tournament a predicted 0-3 in the first games... wow.

He is making "BOLD" predictions. Meaning "unlikely". So that is a good thing for us.

Picking an even pick game and 2 10 seed wins isn't all that bold. It is just not likely. And that fact itself means they are predicting something that is on the side of "not likely".

Apparently he needs a bold predictions to help his career.

upan8th
03-11-2012, 10:00 PM
Hey, it could happen. And, if it does, the guy will look like the Wizard of Oz (ya know, before the curtin incident). So, good luck with that prediction, green guy.

kitzbuel
03-12-2012, 05:10 AM
BYU could make some noise. Seriously.

They should be Iona and I think they'll give marq all they can handle.

They should handle Iona (don't get cocky). I think they could hang with Marquette, too. BYU could have done worse.

Martin Centre Mad Man
03-12-2012, 05:36 AM
They should handle Iona (don't get cocky). I think they could hang with Marquette, too. BYU could have done worse.

BYU's front court is good enough to keep them in games with anybody in the country as long as the back-court is shooting well enough to keep defenses honest. I would not be at all surprised to see BYU in the Sweet 16 despite the low seed. They are a better team than the seed would indicate.

Baldwinzag
03-12-2012, 05:51 AM

"Oh Medcalf, he's at it again..."

That's an actual saying in the Twin Cities.

Don't worry about him. See my posts earlier in the year about Myron.

The dude loves to type, loves his "agenda", and loves to be wrong majority of the time.

Actually, ESPN has kept him muzzled compared to his local antics and his articles are always below average and difficult reads, imo and same with 90% of Minneapolis residents.

bartruff1
03-12-2012, 05:58 AM
Prior to the Selection Show, I was hoping for all three teams to advance to the Sweet Sixteen. Having seen the matchups, I'm not sure that the bracket makes that possibility at all realistic. Until you have a actual bracket and see who you have to beat to advance... Sweet Sixteen and Elite Eight are just words .... like Coach Few says...this is not easy.... I am very happy to be in the Tourney and think/hope we can beat WV...like they say in poker, if you have a chip and a chair, you are in the game... IMHO a game against Ohio State would be a great reward and a very good experience for the team...I would not expect them to win, but it would sure be fun to watch the matchups...

bartruff1
03-12-2012, 06:09 AM
Better still, the WCC could realistically have three teams that win at least one game in the tournament. That sounds reasonable, as usual...

cjm720
03-12-2012, 08:31 AM
A positive for not winning the conference or the conference tourney: no one can ##### that we made the tourney because of our conference. We earned it on our own merit.

cjm720
03-12-2012, 08:32 AM

What a joker. WCC will go 3-0.