PDA

View Full Version : OT: At-Large teams already complete

Goshzagit
03-10-2012, 05:24 PM
ESPN: Tourney at-large teams chosen (http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/7670557/ncaa-tournament-committee-chair-says-37-large-teams-picked)

NCAA committee chair Jeff Hathaway said on CBS on Saturday that the committee has made its 37 at-large selections. An NCAA spokesperson confirmed this Saturday night. But it's not considered "strange at all,'" since the committee has been working on the selection of teams since Wednesday, when it conducted its first round of voting, according to the spokesperson.

Hope they noticed we gained another Top-50 win(5 in total) with Xavier's win...

Malastein
03-10-2012, 05:29 PM
Wrong, bracketing is one of the last things the committee does. There's always a few things to shake up the at-large teams with the final conference tournaments.

Oregonzagnut
03-10-2012, 05:29 PM
Wow, and i am supposed to trust they use all available information to make the selections.

So now it is basically Selection Saturday?:confused:

Goshzagit
03-10-2012, 05:37 PM
Wow, and i am supposed to trust they use all available information to make the selections.

So now it is basically Selection Saturday?:confused:

Basically, yes.

The NCAA teams are already chosen. Other teams can fill the slots for auto-bids, but that is it.

Its over.

Mal is right on the bracketing/seeding portion, which is completed Sunday afternoon.

This will be the FIRST year in NCAA Selection history they will release an entire seeding "nitty gritty" list following the Bracket announcement -- teams will be officially ranked 1-68. This will be interesting to see where Gonzaga lands within their seed.

bartruff1
03-10-2012, 06:23 PM
I am not at all surprised by that....I suspect 90% of the field has been set for weeks....like Mal sez, except for a few upsets, this is all about venue and seeding...

Oregonzagnut
03-10-2012, 08:37 PM
I am not at all surprised by that....I suspect 90% of the field has been set for weeks....like Mal sez, except for a few upsets, this is all about venue and seeding...

I wonder how much money can be made in Vegas by knowing EXACTLY what at large teams are in for a couple days in advance before anyone else does. You can bet on anything and everything in vegas.

bartruff1
03-11-2012, 10:48 AM
I wonder how much money can be made in Vegas by knowing EXACTLY what at large teams are in for a couple days in advance before anyone else does. You can bet on anything and everything in vegas. I don't know but I would guess, it would be in the neighborhood of 150 to 200....the sucker bet range to attract people who really don't expect to win....but ....bet for fun...