PDA

View Full Version : Trufant released

Eroop22
03-07-2012, 01:46 PM
The Seahawks released Marcus Trufant. The article I read said they did it early out of respect for Trufant. They would like to see him have the opportunity to explore the full window of unrestricted free agency and the options that go along with it.

gu03alum
03-07-2012, 02:12 PM
The Seahawks released Marcus Trufant. The article I read said they did it early out of respect for Trufant. They would like to see him have the opportunity to explore the full window of unrestricted free agency and the options that go along with it.

Sad news; he is one of my all-time favorite Seahawk.

gu03alum
03-08-2012, 07:31 AM
Here is an interview Fieldgulls.com did with the Truf a few weeks ago:

LINK (http://www.fieldgulls.com/2012/1/6/2683903/2011-nfl-marcus-trufant-an-interview-with-seattle-seahawks-cornerback)

I asked Marcus about the possibility of playing elsewhere and he said, in no uncertain terms, "I'm a Seahawk, man. Always have been. That's where my focus is."

Eroop22
03-08-2012, 08:39 AM
Back injuries suck. Wish Tru was still a Seahawk. I wonder if there is still a chance of him coming back to the hawks if he gets healthy. I doubt it but I can dream right.

gu03alum
03-08-2012, 08:53 AM
Back injuries suck. Wish Tru was still a Seahawk. I wonder if there is still a chance of him coming back to the hawks if he gets healthy. I doubt it but I can dream right.

I'm hoping he can sign some kind of non guaranteed contract with incentives. He can then workout with the team while on the PUP list. If his come back doesn't work out I would think they could find a place for him on the defensive coaching staff.

Eroop22
04-10-2012, 06:08 AM
Looks like Trufant is coming back. He signed a 1 year deal with the hawks.

LongIslandZagFan
04-10-2012, 06:16 AM
Great to hear... Hope they start grooming him to coach. He bleeds Seahawk blue.

cjm720
04-10-2012, 08:41 AM
Like the local kid (one of the many good guys in the sport) but always thought he was way overrated. He'll be a good back up.

Eroop22
04-10-2012, 09:40 AM
Like the local kid (one of the many good guys in the sport) but always thought he was way overrated. He'll be a good back up.

I can see people thinking Trufant was overrated. But in my opinion he wasn't. Most of his career he played with really bad safeties. Which contributed to a lot of the receptions against him. Ken Hamlin was more concerned with being in position to make the big hit then he was with being in the right position. Michael Boulware had no idea how to play safety and constantly blew coverages. Marquand Manuel, Terreal Bierria where really really bad players. An old Brian Russel who had lost 3 steps not just 1. Jordan Babineaux big play babs gave up just as many big plays as he made. Reggie Tongue and Lawyer Milloy could still play but they where way past their primes. So Deon Grant and a rookie Earl Thomas are really the only above average safeties Trufant played with. Its hard to look good when the people who are supposed to have help over top are never there.