• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BobZag
    Dark Lord of the Zag
    • Jan 2007

Delly's Secret: The Vulcan Mind Meld

"Our minds are one, you will miss and you will keep missing, it is logical, Spock is my father."

Picture Story: Matthew Dellavedova scored 22 points to lead Saint Mary’s to a 78-74 victory against No. 24 Gonzaga on Monday night to claim its second West Coast Conference tournament title and automatic NCAA bid in three years.
    The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."
  • Martin Centre Mad Man
    Administrator
    • Apr 2009

And I don't think he was called for a foul on any of those plays...
    “No team in the country has a better winning percentage against power conference teams since 2017 than Gonzaga... the Zags are playing above average teams in the best leagues in the country and winning 78% of the time.”

-Ken Pomeroy-

https://www.ksl.com/article/50342950...in-perspective

Comment

• JPtheBeasta
      Zag for Life
      • Oct 2008

That was clearly an offensive foul on Pangos.

If that had happened to Delly he would have fallen into a heap on the ground after flailing his arms about. I don't know how many times this year I saw (not just our games) when a defender will reach out his hand, Delly slaps his hand away, and the defender gets called for a foul. So many "play on" type plays get the notice of the officials because of how demonstrative he is. And if he doesn't get the call, the ref definitely hears about it later.

Comment

• Fonebone
        Kennel Club
        • Feb 2007

Photo shots

I notice that a lot of the time photos really illustrate holds and pushes that I dont see during the live action. Shots of the bigs underneath often times show defencive players with one or both arms around the offencive big - it looks like a blatent foul. Mabe in live action some of those are just a sweeping movement - meaning they don't actually grab the guy and hold on. But in a still photo shot it really illustrates how tough it is underneath.

There was a still shot of Delly after our game and the back of his right shoulder looked like he had been mauled with the claws of a tiger.

I'm not sure we all appreciate how intensly physical it really is at their level. I sure didn't until I started looking more closely at some of the photos.

Comment

• tobizag
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
          That was clearly an offensive foul on Pangos.

If that had happened to Delly he would have fallen into a heap on the ground after flailing his arms about. I don't know how many times this year I saw (not just our games) when a defender will reach out his hand, Delly slaps his hand away, and the defender gets called for a foul. So many "play on" type plays get the notice of the officials because of how demonstrative he is. And if he doesn't get the call, the ref definitely hears about it later.
          +1
          sigpic

GU Class of '07

Comment

• Das Zagger
            Bleeds GU Blue
            • Apr 2008

I lol'ed at the caption:

As Kevin Pangos of Gonzaga brings the ball upcourt Matthew Dellavedovaof Saint Mary’s reaches out and hits him in the head.

Dude is right, he hit him, but it just seems so out of place/funny for a basketball game.

Comment

• Dirt McGirt
              Gael Force Material
              • Feb 2011

Photoshopped!!! I'm pretty sure the original photo will show that Delly was merely holding an ice pack up to Pangos' head after their collision. He was being a good sport and one of you goes and photoshops the ice pack out so it looks like he is fouling him. Very dirty if you ask me.

Comment

• Dirt McGirt
                Gael Force Material
                • Feb 2011

And I suppose this picture of Rob Jones helping Mike Hart adjust his jersey is a foul too?

Picture Story: Matthew Dellavedova scored 22 points to lead Saint Mary’s to a 78-74 victory against No. 24 Gonzaga on Monday night to claim its second West Coast Conference tournament title and automatic NCAA bid in three years.

Comment

• gamagin
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

+1

Originally posted by Dirt McGirt View Post
                  And I suppose this picture of Rob Jones helping Mike Hart adjust his jersey is a foul too?

http://www.spokesman.com/picture-sto...-march-5/#3253
                  how about the photo of Harris getting smashed in the knee with your guy's nut$ ? Knees are sensitive, you know ?
                  Go TEAM Zags !

"John Stockton is one of the true marvels, not just of basketball, or in America, but in the history of Western Civilization!”
                  Tom Hammond: “Wow, that’s a pretty strong statement. I guess I don’t have a good handle on world history.”
                  Bill: “Well Tom, that’s because you didn’t go to UCLA." - Bill Walton

Comment

• willandi
                    Zag for Life
                    • Nov 2007

Dirt,
                    Your responses here, in this thread, have made me like you...some! GO WCC (even SMC)!
                    Not even a smile? What's your problem!

Comment

• awberke
                      Bleeds GU Blue
                      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Dirt McGirt View Post
                      Photoshopped!!! I'm pretty sure the original photo will show that Delly was merely holding an ice pack up to Pangos' head after their collision. He was being a good sport and one of you goes and photoshops the ice pack out so it looks like he is fouling him. Very dirty if you ask me.
                      Wrong. I found the original.

Comment

• caduceus
                        Zag for Life
                        • Mar 2007

I think it's quite clear from the picture that Delly ripped off Pangos' left arm and then shoved it back in his face. I'm pretty sure that's a technical foul but I'd have to check the rulebook. Might be legal in Australia with all those crocs around BUT NOT HERE!

Down with the refs!

Comment

Working...
                        X