PDA

View Full Version : Where will Peyton land?

gu03alum
03-07-2012, 06:50 AM
Where do you think Peyton will land? Please vote in the poll.

My dad just texted me this:

"Looks like Peyton Manning is coming to the Seahawks"

I asked him who is sources were and he has not responded. I'm a little worried he knows too much and is in trouble. I'll keep you posted in case he responds.

LongIslandZagFan
03-07-2012, 07:04 AM
Teams most in need out of that list? Seahawks, Redskins, Browns... Not necessarily in that order. Hags and Skins offer better lines to stand behind.

bartruff1
03-07-2012, 07:13 AM
On his butt..

Zagpower
03-07-2012, 07:14 AM
Pretty please with my Dolphins. Been a long, brutal line of QB's since Marino.

Eroop22
03-07-2012, 07:24 AM
I think he will go to the Miami. But I heard on the radio this morning that the hawks are willing to give him guaranteed money. Which most teams are not willing to do.

gu03alum
03-07-2012, 07:56 AM
I think he will go to the Miami. But I heard on the radio this morning that the hawks are willing to give him guaranteed money. Which most teams are not willing to do.

I hope that the guaranteed money gets him to Seattle.

RenoZag
03-07-2012, 08:02 AM
Houston

40-whiners. . .hee hee

gu03alum
03-07-2012, 08:03 AM
Houston

Darn it, I knew I forgot a team.

CaliforniaZaggin'
03-07-2012, 08:21 AM
Earth.

RenoZag
03-07-2012, 08:23 AM
Does anyone think Jerry Jones is batsh!t crazy enough to dump Romo and sign Manning ?

gu03alum
03-07-2012, 08:25 AM
Does anyone think Jerry Jones is batsh!t crazy enough to dump Romo and sign Manning ?

Yes, but I don't think he will.

Zagpower
03-07-2012, 08:26 AM

Probably not......What about Denver? Elway clearly is not enamored with Tebow.

gu03alum
03-07-2012, 08:58 AM
Probably not......What about Denver? Elway clearly is not enamored with Tebow.

I agree that Denver would be a good spot for him. I just don't see it happening. I don't think Peyton wants to get involved in a quarterback controversty with Tebow. I think there would be a lot of fans that would react negatively to Peyton taking Tebow's spot.

Zagpower
03-07-2012, 09:02 AM
Rumor is that Tebow would then be traded to his home town of Jacksonville where he would start and give a huge attendance lift to the struggling Jaguars and they no longer would look to relocate.

Just baseless chat. Makes some sense though.

gu03alum
03-07-2012, 09:08 AM
Rumor is that Tebow would then be traded to his home town of Jacksonville where he would start and give a huge attendance lift to the struggling Jaguars and they no longer would look to relocate.

Oh that makes sense.

webspinnre
03-07-2012, 09:42 AM
It'd be interesting to see what happens with Schaub if he went to Houston.

Eroop22
03-07-2012, 09:51 AM
I dont know about you guys but I read profootballtalk.com everyday. They posted this earlier in there rumor mill.

"The NFL’s wealthiest owner may be willing to give a sizable chunk of his wealth to Peyton Manning.
The Seattle Seahawks are planning to “come out checkbook blazing” for Manning, a source tells Rich Cimini of ESPNNewYork.com, who is also reporting that the Jets will check Manning out."

I kind of hope the hawks dont back the brinks truck up to the vault for Manning. I would love to have him on our team but only at the right price.

gu03alum
03-07-2012, 10:01 AM
I dont know about you guys but I read profootballtalk.com everyday. They posted this earlier in there rumor mill.

"The NFL’s wealthiest owner may be willing to give a sizable chunk of his wealth to Peyton Manning.
The Seattle Seahawks are planning to “come out checkbook blazing” for Manning, a source tells Rich Cimini of ESPNNewYork.com, who is also reporting that the Jets will check Manning out."

I kind of hope the hawks dont back the brinks truck up to the vault for Manning. I would love to have him on our team but only at the right price.

It's not my money so I don't really care. This team is a quality quarterback away from being a Superbowl contender. I hope they do whatever it takes to get him in Seattle.

Zagpower
03-07-2012, 10:07 AM
It's not my money so I don't really care. This team is a quality quarterback away from being a Superbowl contender. I hope they do whatever it takes to get him in Seattle.

Guys like Manning and Ichiro often pay for themselves with increased team merchandise sales in the millions. I would also factor in the good to the community that Peyton does. He is a fund-raising machine for charities. No chance of embarrassing the organization and just a great, classy representative of your franchise. His press conference today was heartbreaking to watch.

Eroop22
03-07-2012, 01:00 PM
Obviously I want the hawks to make a run at signing Manning. I was just thinking about our cap. I could be wrong but I thought I saw the Hawks have 36 mil in cap space minus whatever Lynch's cap value is for this year. We need to lock up Red Bryant. I would also like to see us make a run at Mario Williams. Plus we still have to sign draft picks although that isnt as big a problem as it used to be. Maybe I am just a greedy fan.

gu03alum
03-07-2012, 01:05 PM
RT @YahooForde RT @DanWetzel: Potential biggest soap opera ever RT @AdamSchefter Broncos will inquire about former QB Peyton Manning's availability

Interesting

st. al
03-07-2012, 01:42 PM
I may not be able to offer any money. But I am more than willing to leave a dozen of my mom's chocolate chip cookies in his locker every monday morning.

04ZagFan
03-07-2012, 03:25 PM

First off, you should care, because the NFL has a strict salary cap system. Which is why he wont go to Dallas.

And they are not just a QB away from a superbowl, come on.

gu03alum
03-07-2012, 04:04 PM
First off, you should care, because the NFL has a strict salary cap system. Which is why he wont go to Dallas.

And they are not just a QB away from a superbowl, come on.

The Seahawks have a lot of cap room.

What would make them a superbowl contender then? They have a top 10 defense and a good running game. Am I missing something here? They will probably be able to address their needs at linebacker and defensive line in the draft.

Zag 77
03-07-2012, 04:55 PM
You should have an option for "nowhere" or "medically retired," although I hope I am wrong.

gu03alum
03-07-2012, 05:14 PM
You should have an option for "nowhere" or "medically retired," although I hope I am wrong.

Good point, I wish I could edit a poll

kitzbuel
03-07-2012, 05:25 PM

Like Dan Snyder doesn't shy away from throwing money at old qbs.

gu03alum
03-07-2012, 05:28 PM

I agree, but I feel like the Redskins will trade up for RGIII.

RenoZag
03-07-2012, 07:43 PM
Manning owns a home in Miami. Tonight, ESPN reported he had a meeting with the owner of the Dolphins. . .

tobizag
03-08-2012, 06:34 AM

true, but let's think for a moment about what manning enjoyed in indy:

solid ownership, little media pressure, few games in the snow (none in division).

snyder may be rich, but his reputation precedes him. i don't think manning would tolerate playing for that clown.

nfc east has the most media coverage of any division in sports: ny, philly, dallas (jerry) and DC. he'd be in the same division as his brother, and mike vick, and jerry jones. he'd be in the snow all the time. or in jerry world with a circus following him.

seattle has zero media pressure, very few games in the snow (at most 1/year at home), a dome like atmosphere thanks to the 12th man, and a wealthy owner willing to let the coach run the team...plus he's committed to winning (sbxl gave him a taste). weak division, excellent coach...seattle is the better fit, imo.

webspinnre
03-08-2012, 07:28 AM
Frankly, if Houston is really interested, they seem like the best overall fit as far as personnel, weather, etc...

RenoZag
03-19-2012, 01:01 PM
http://deadspin.com/5894540/john-elway-has-brass-balls

:D

gu03alum
03-19-2012, 01:20 PM
http://deadspin.com/5894540/john-elway-hasr-brass-balls (http://deadspin.com/5894540/john-elway-has-brass-balls)

:D

Nice.

sittingon50
03-19-2012, 05:57 PM
Is Denver on the list?

;)

Zagpower
03-19-2012, 06:16 PM

This chatter has been going on at least since March 7. Would be funny if Tebow now gets traded to Jacksonville.

gu03alum
03-20-2012, 09:01 AM
From Adam Shefter (https://twitter.com/#!/AdamSchefter/statuses/182109614190501889)

Three teams to monitor as trade talks for Tim Tebow pick up: Jacksonville, Green Bay, San Francisco.

I would love for the Niners to land Tebow. Please, Please let the Niners get Tebow.

RenoZag
03-20-2012, 09:03 AM
From Adam Shefter (https://twitter.com/#!/AdamSchefter/statuses/182109614190501889)

I would love for the Niners to land Tebow. Please, Please let the Niners get Tebow.

Better the Niners than my Raiders. . .

gu03alum
03-20-2012, 09:14 AM
Better the Niners than my Raiders. . .

If the Raiders got him I think Zombie Al Davis might rise from the dead to take back control of his team.

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/images/photos/000/751/210/RackMultipart.20923.0_crop_340x234.jpg?1257803880