PDA

View Full Version : Thanks, Mike Hart.

FuManShoes
03-05-2012, 08:49 PM
And Rob was really good tonight too. No easy task facing Delly at the top of the key and down the stretch he made some huge plays. Win some more for the big guy.

Zag@LMU
03-05-2012, 08:50 PM
Yep gotta give him credit. Without his huge hustle play Elias doesnt hit that three

rawkmandale
03-05-2012, 08:53 PM
Thank you, Mike Hart. Too bad the overtime results negated what would have been one of "the plays" of the decade.

rijman
03-05-2012, 08:56 PM
He always seems to make a big play as soon as he gets in the game. The tie up on Delly was huge.

LongIslandZagFan
03-05-2012, 09:00 PM
Funny thing was I told my son... before he went to bed at halftime... how much I loved Hart and the way he plays... thought it was fitting that he extended the conference season 5 more minutes... Thanks Mike... now don't be afraid to shoot the damn ball!!!

spike_jr
03-05-2012, 10:03 PM
I would love to see few back door cut type plays to get Mike some easy buckets. The way a lot of teams guard him, I don't think it would be too hard. Not only would that help keep the defenses more honest when he is in the game, it may give him a confidence boost on offense.. Just a thought......

MDABE80
03-05-2012, 10:23 PM
I do not see how Hart, if he works on his confidence and shooting, would be a star for us next yearl he has a knack for doing the improbable when he's in. I'm watching the rerun on "3". He did some amazing things NOT resulting in his own points. That kids is pure guts and toughness.

spike_jr
03-05-2012, 10:36 PM
I do not see how Hart, if he works on his confidence and shooting, would be a star for us next yearl he has a knack for doing the improbable when he's in. I'm watching the rerun on "3". He did some amazing things NOT resulting in his own points. That kids is pure guts and toughness.

He never does the big, flashy things that show up on the stat sheet, but he sure does a ton of the little things that fill up Dr. Krause's book. I would love to see him develop more confidence on "O" - it

Oregonzagnut
03-05-2012, 10:39 PM

This is so true. Imagine if he keeps his hustle and ball hawking ability, but works on his jump shot all summer. Wow. We need him to be a threat on offense to keep the opponents D honest.

MDABE80
03-05-2012, 10:44 PM
My biggest concern for Mike is that all Summer long, he shot the lights out. I just cannot figure out what happened to his shot. He's aces in every other category. I just think it must be his confidence. Not sure how to fix that.

Zag@LMU
03-05-2012, 11:21 PM
My biggest concern for Mike is that all Summer long, he shot the lights out. I just cannot figure out what happened to his shot. He's aces in every other category. I just think it must be his confidence. Not sure how to fix that.

cant score if you dont shoot

jim77
03-06-2012, 01:36 AM
Hart played great...again....wish he would shoot more.

Zag79
03-06-2012, 01:39 AM

:clap: Exactly. All too often this happens and our offense stalls out. GBJ took 5 shots in 42 minutes tonight, David 1 in 15 minutes, and Mike passes up open shots left and right. Love what he does every where else on the floor, the ability to make an open J will only make him that much more dangerous.

MDABE80
03-06-2012, 01:57 AM
And you don't shoot if you are afraid. Something's happened. He's far from a Zack or a head case. Lack of confidence will do that. How he got there is unclear to me.

allnet59
03-06-2012, 05:27 AM
And you don't shoot if you are afraid. Something's happened. He's far from a Zack or a head case. Lack of confidence will do that. How he got there is unclear to me.

It's just like work every other bench player who gets a rare minute or two on the court. Few has a short leash on all of them when thier shots aren't falling and the get the hook and usually done for the rest of the game. Look at what it has done to carter this year he misses a few and gets yanked and sits and watches. That is a confidence killer imo.

jpwils
03-06-2012, 06:10 AM
Hart extended the game for sure. Great season. Not over yet.

Can't understand how Carter went from tourney MVP to barely seeing action.

Next year we can't afford to play four on 5 with any players who cannot score when open.

We will be featuring Harris, if he returns, and Pangos...but remember -dranginis will not and should not be shy to shoot the rock!

Not sure where there will be much room for the small lineups either.

Mouthpiece led his team better at the end. Our defense against Jones was poor at best.

Martin Centre Mad Man
03-06-2012, 06:49 AM

That sums it up. It's not that he can't shoot. He just doesn't do it. He passed on at least one open look, last night when he had a far better look with 10+ seconds on the clock than the player who heaved up a prayer on the final second of the shot clock.

Coach Few has said that the kid has a green light from the staff to shoot when he's open. I wish he'd take those shots when they're available, especially during those last 10-15 seconds of the shot clock when one more pass might not lead to a better scoring opportunity.

I love everything else he brings to the game. He makes so many good hustle plays. He bothers so many passing lanes, rips down so many contested rebounds, comes up with so many loose balls, etc. He handles the ball well in the open floor when we need an extra press-breaker. If he would just shoot 2-3 times a game, he's be a much more complete player.

gamagin
03-06-2012, 08:58 AM
talk about smart, impactful, humble and a game changer. He's all of these. If I were king, I'd also ORDER him to shoot when open.

gamagin
03-06-2012, 09:07 AM
Hart played great...again....wish he would shoot more.

in T.V. interviews that his objective is to get as much p.t. by doing what he does best.

And that means playing the way he does and improving the games of others. The best role player on the team. And he has succeeded.

He also said the coaches have been on him to shoot, but (imo) HE has decided that his best game is to get the ball in to the shooters. RayG also said on a radio show that he has been on Hart to shoot the ball. This was early in the season, when he was a starter. I believe his lack of shooting is what got him a seat back on the bench. As smart as he is, that should register and he should change his mindset. But we all see what we see.

I believe that his game, the one he has brought to the Zags, has evolved to the point that he should, and even MUST take charge of the situation and shoot when open.

It could be a tremendous, unexpected, game changing move to average 6-10 points, which he is fully capable of doing, by setting and shooting, or driving and dishing or shooting --- all of which he can do as well as anyone.

He also provides alot of leadership on the floor. And that seems to be wanting more than anything at times when it is most needed. Hart could provide both leadership by action and example if he would just make the other guys guard him and not slack off him by taking his best shots.

Zag79
03-06-2012, 10:59 AM
Why didn't we see more Carter I wonder? I thought he played some pretty good minutes in the first half....

This. He's been pretty consistent as of late, getting to the line, taking care of the ball, and playing smart. He can rebound, play defense, pass into the post, and is just a better fit in the three guard line up. Few is obviously set on getting David in regardless of how he or others perform which is my issue. It's not that David did anything wrong last night, as much as he didn't do much to affect the game either. Tying this thought into the original post regarding Hart, it's a mistake to have him and David on the floor together. It creates a stagnant offense, and of GBJ isn't shooting we dont score at all. Hart gives us big time moments, but when he's out there we need four guys that can produce and Carter is just better at that than Stockton.