• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DZ
    Zag for Life
    • Sep 2007

Seeding:

I don't think this necessarily drops us to an 8 - I think that we could still be a seven - yes, Portland is out, but I am not sure we were ever really in the running. I think our RPI will keep us at a seven, though I wanted a 6.

What is the consensus of people with access to all the bracketology?
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.
  • ZagMan in Philly
    Zag for Life
    • Apr 2007

8 or 9 i know it.

Comment

• 04ZagFan
      Banned
      • Oct 2011

7 is just as bad, IMO. Any 2 seed blows us out by 20+.

Comment

• Zag@LMU
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2011

9 tops. We might have gotten a 6 if we won tonight.
        "Those Who Sacrifice Liberty For Security Deserve Neither." - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• CDC84
          Super Moderator
          • Feb 2007

I can't see the Zags landing in the 8/9 game. RPI is going to be too high. My best guess: 7. I think a win couldn've gotten them a 5. I just can't see them dropping 3 seeds lines based on a loss to a sure fire NCAA tournament team.

Comment

• TacomaZAG
            Zag for Life
            • Mar 2007

8 or 9.........

early morning game back east, #1 waiting in the second round.

Ouch.

SMC gets our 6 seed in Portland.

Ouch.

Go ZAGS

Comment

• gonzagacfen
              Bulldog Fan
              • Oct 2008

Idk if this is updated to the dot after the game, but it does show st Mary's as an autobid and moved BYU up. has us as a 6, st Mary's as an 8, and BYU an 11... http://bracketproject.50webs.com/matrix.htm

Comment

• SJZag
                Redshirt
                • Nov 2010

I really don't see us dropping to an 8 seed. We lost in our conference championship game by 4, in overtime, to the #18 team in the country (according to the coaches). Lunardi had us as a 6 seed prior to the game. Also have to take into consideration teams like San Diego State, Vanderbilt, Notre Dame, New Mexico, Temple, Louisville... losses by any of these teams early in their conference tournaments could have a pretty big effect on where Gonzaga is seeded.

Comment

• CDC84
                  Super Moderator
                  • Feb 2007

I also wouldn't pay much attention to Lunardi's projections tomorrow morning. A lot will depend on how the BCS tournaments turn out.

Comment

• ZagSports
                    Bulldog Fan
                    • Feb 2011

Obviously it all depends how the big boy conferences play out... but I see us as a 6 seed... no where close to home

Comment

• btzag
                      Bleeds GU Blue
                      • Feb 2007

I say a 6 seed, just look at the facts and forget about the opinions, especially Lunardi. Consider:

- 10 loss Vandy team as a 6 seed.
                      - Louisville as a 5 seed, 10-8 in conf, lost 4 of their last six and best win of the year....against a 10 loss Vandy.
                      - Good old Notre Dame. 10 losses overall, played five tough/decent non-conf opponents and got destroyed in all (GU, Mizzou, Georgia, Indiana, Maryland)

Lunardi is frankly overhyping the Big East once again. We stack up pretty well and SHOULD get a six seed.

Comment

• Martin Centre Mad Man
                        Administrator
                        • Apr 2009

I still think our guys will get a 7. I'd much rather have that than the 8-9, but I agree that our guys will be outmatched by a 1 or 2 in the second round. However, if they shoot like they did against BYU, they just MIGHT pull off an upset against one of the likely 2s. They will get run out of the gym against KY or Cuse.
                        “No team in the country has a better winning percentage against power conference teams since 2017 than Gonzaga... the Zags are playing above average teams in the best leagues in the country and winning 78% of the time.”

-Ken Pomeroy-

https://www.ksl.com/article/50342950...in-perspective

Comment

• kyle dixon
                          Zag for Life
                          • Mar 2007

we are in

the tourney. remember what butler did as an 8 seed last year. great game, tbiytc.

Comment

• caduceus
                            Zag for Life
                            • Mar 2007

Post-game RPI is 22, essentially unchanged from pre-tournament. I don't think we'll drop much after an OT loss. Lots of basketball to be played yet by other teams.

Comment

• GeorgiaZagFan
                              Zag for Life
                              • Dec 2007

Originally posted by 04ZagFan View Post
                              7 is just as bad, IMO. Any 2 seed blows us out by 20+.
                              I'd like another shot at Michigan State, if they get a #2
                              It's What You learn AFTER You Know It All That Counts

Comment

Working...
                              X