PDA

View Full Version : Great Game Gaels

NotoriousZ
03-05-2012, 07:29 PM
Congratulations.

That was an epic battle. Harris with the huge three to force OT. You guys just made more shots down the stretch. Excellent officiating, and great basketball. Hope to see you in the NCAA's for round 4.

bballbeachbum
03-05-2012, 07:30 PM
great game. it hurts right now, but it was a great game

DixieZag
03-05-2012, 07:32 PM
Absolutely epic game Gaels - your team is so tough mentally, they could have had their hearts broken by Harris' 3 but did not.

It was as it should be - two best teams, split during the year, OT in the final and the better team won. Good luck in the tournament - we'll both get a win or two that no one would expect.

Hoopaholic
03-05-2012, 07:34 PM
gritty win Gaels...Congrats ......

mnzag24
03-05-2012, 07:34 PM
get rid of this thread

MickMick
03-05-2012, 07:37 PM
How can goofy looking guys like Steindal and Waldow play so well?

Credit the coach. Bennett is damn good.

Congrats Gaels. Six seed in Portland?

Zags get 8/9 with a shot to play UK in round two. Yech!

Not only will SMC take both conference crowns, but they will likely get past the first weekend.

You took our spot.

Good job Gaels players. Again.....congrats Gael fans.

I'm not hanging my head. GU lost to a fine team.

HRZag
03-05-2012, 07:38 PM
Great game Gaels. Dellie and Jones can ball.

That is why I love college basketball. Total effort.

Go Zags.

mee755
03-05-2012, 07:38 PM
Bennett reminds me of a sleazy used car salesman. I think he has a future when this career peaks.

Oregonzagnut
03-05-2012, 07:39 PM
What, do folks here take some "higher road" by giving St Marys props and congrats?

Should I congratulate them when I hate them?

McZag
03-05-2012, 07:41 PM
I will be rooting for the Gaels the rest of the way.

McZag
03-05-2012, 07:42 PM
What, do folks here take some "higher road" by giving St Marys props and congrats?

This is the Gaels message board right????? Great game huh?

mee755
03-05-2012, 07:43 PM

Good for you. I will never do that. Would be like hanging out on a stripper pole for me.

To each his own.

Yes, they deserve recognition for a well-deserved win. No reason to delete this thread.

maynard g krebs
03-05-2012, 07:47 PM
Bennett reminds me of a sleazy used car salesman. I think he has a future when this career peaks.

Eye of the beholder? Classless and unnecessary.

mnzag24
i hate everything about st mary's and my mind will never be changed. screw em. everytime, every game.

Oregonzagnut
Yes, they deserve recognition for a well-deserved win. No reason to delete this thread.

Not from us though. Let the media do it or their fans. I hate St Marys and Delly.

NO CONGRATS!!! Just congrats to our Zags for going into overtime and battling no matter what Few made them run.

willandi
03-05-2012, 07:50 PM

I tend to agree. Reading lips, every call made against his team was bad, even though Delly wasn't called for all the hand checks away from the basket, even out past the 3 pt line.

northsidezagfan
03-05-2012, 07:50 PM
Not from us though. Let the media do it or their fans. I hate St Marys and Delly.

NO CONGRATS!!! Just congrats to our Zags for going into overtime and battling no matter what Few made them run.

+1

JPtheBeasta
03-05-2012, 07:51 PM

I wouldn't go that far, personally. A tip of the cap is in order though. The best game to watch this year unfortunately didn't go our way. Dower got a great look there at the end. We were a little cold from outside and they hit theirs. Inspired effort by our big men today to make up for our poor shooting. These guys put on a great show and I hope some folks back east stayed up to watch this one.

This was your year Gaels. Enjoy it while you can...

McZag
03-05-2012, 07:52 PM
Good for you. I will never do that. Would be like hanging out on a stripper pole for me.

To each his own.

You saw my next post right?

CaliforniaZaggin'
03-05-2012, 07:53 PM

Yes. It's good sportsmanship and a widely followed custom for adversaries to offer congratulations after a tough battle.

gonzagacfen
03-05-2012, 07:53 PM
Stay classy zags. good game st Mary's. good game zag bigs. bad switching and too many shots for pangos. mike hart should have seen the floor more.

former1dog
03-05-2012, 07:54 PM
Posted on the Gaels board:

I wanted to congratulate the Gaels and all you Gael fans on a great championship game and a great championship season.

Your titles are well deserved and you should enjoy them.

I look forward to a renewing of the rivalry next season when both teams should once again be fielding top talent.

Although it stings to come up on the short end as a Gonzaga Alum and fan, I truly enjoy the rivalry and hope that Gonzaga can keep up its end of the bargain for years to come.

Enjoy!

================================================== ==============================================

An additional note for my fellow Zags, Grow up! You're expressing that you hate folks. Its a basketball game played by a bunch of guys who are just out of high school. Show some decency and act like the team you are rooting for. Our players show class in winning and losing, that's why they are winners, lets reflect that as fans.

bballbeachbum
Not from us though. Let the media do it or their fans.

speak for yourself brother. I don't like SMC a lick, but

that was a great game

no harm recognizing that

peace

HillBillyZag
You dolts that always have an excuse when we lose, have to denigrate the opposition, or find someone on our team to blame make my ass hurt.
If you've ever played competitive sports you'd know that sometimes Sh^#
happens! Both Gaels and our kids played ther rears off, tonight we came out on the short end. Like their style or not?, St. Mary's is a damn good basketball team and tonight was their night. It's hard to beat someone FOUR times in a row in a Title game. Next year, it's our turn!

Zagdawg
03-05-2012, 07:56 PM
Great game and great win. I'm pulling for the Gaels as well as the Zags in the dance.

mee755
03-05-2012, 08:03 PM
You saw my next post right?

No sorry. Totally missed that! Off to my pole...

former1dog
03-05-2012, 08:15 PM

#1 - That's not nice.

#2 - He's a really good person. Check out this article when you get a minute:
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2012/03/03/SP3E1NC2MU.DTL&ao=all

bartruff1
03-05-2012, 08:16 PM
I will be rooting for the Gaels the rest of the way....Me to...they are a important part of the WCC....they made the plays in crunch time and deserved to win..very well played on both sides..

mee755
03-05-2012, 08:18 PM
Sorry. I know it isn't nice. I just sometimes spout what is on my mind. I am sure he is a nice person.

I try so hard to be a nice person. Sometimes it comes out wrong. Maybe I shoulda said that he looks like a guy I would like to buy my next used car from.

former1dog
03-05-2012, 08:21 PM
Sorry. I know it isn't nice. I just sometimes spout what is on my mind. I am sure he is a nice person.

I try so hard to be a nice person. Sometimes it comes out wrong. Maybe I shoulda said that he looks like a guy I would like to buy my next used car from.

You're a nice person :D

JPtheBeasta
03-05-2012, 08:44 PM

LOL. That's quite the compliment :]

I actually softened on the guy when he was near tears this year in SF when they won the season outright. I'm still not convinced I can root for Delladova in the tournament, though. I just don't like his game at all. The fixing the hair as you're bringing the ball up the court stuff and all the theatrics drive me nuts.

sircreate
03-05-2012, 09:09 PM
Thanks guys, lets hope for a 4th matchup in the NCAA tournament

Oregonzagnut
03-05-2012, 09:41 PM
Yes, they earned it. Be a good sport

I know they earned it. Plus they worked to beat Gonzaga for the last 10 years way more than we worked to beat St Marys. They are a good team and maybe even better than we are. But I don't want to root for St Marys. I do not like them. I don't have to become a St Marys fan now. Never. Good rivalry is good sport too. If losing to St Marys (or anyone) becomes acceptable here, I will :vomit-smiley-007:

I feel ill just thinking "Go Gaels!"

If Sacre tells us to root for St Marys the rest of the way, I will change my mind. But he won't. Trust me. He won't.

Till then, I will root for the Zags only this tournament. St Marys needs to lose badly in the first round so they are demoralized and weak next year so we can beat them 3 times next year. St Marys is at the top of my very small list of most hated teams. St Marys, Yankees, Lakers, Duke. In that order too.

Sorry but I can't say "Go Gaels". I won't.

It was a great game though. Exciting. and Overtime! We deserved to win it. They earned it. And yes, "deserved" is a subjective choice of words.

Worthington
03-05-2012, 09:52 PM
GAH! Honestly it's tough for me to move on from this one so soon. I want to be pissed at somebody, but really we just didn't have luck on our side tonight. So many shots half way down and out. Oh well Gaels played pretty well, still think this was our game to win though. A big win on this kind of stage only could of helped our recruiting...sigh

bigblahla
03-06-2012, 04:28 AM
I know they earned it. Plus they worked to beat Gonzaga for the last 10 years way more than we worked to beat St Marys. They are a good team and maybe even better than we are. But I don't want to root for St Marys. I do not like them. I don't have to become a St Marys fan now. Never. Good rivalry is good sport too. If losing to St Marys (or anyone) becomes acceptable here, I will :vomit-smiley-007:

I feel ill just thinking "Go Gaels!".

+1

Cheering for SMC in any game is not for me.

Go!! Zags!!!

titopoet
03-06-2012, 06:40 AM
It was a great game. Both sides had chances. SMC also gave it away. (On the last play of Harris's Three, they should have fouled Dower before he passed it to Harris)

LongIslandZagFan
03-06-2012, 06:49 AM
Ahhh.... the irony of the censorship folks asking for a thread to be deleted and then taking people to task for being positive.

rijman
03-06-2012, 07:05 AM

I feel ill just thinking "Go Gaels!"

If Sacre tells us to root for St Marys the rest of the way, I will change my mind. But he won't. Trust me. He won't.

Till then, I will root for the Zags only this tournament. St Marys needs to lose badly in the first round so they are demoralized and weak next year so we can beat them 3 times next year. St Marys is at the top of my very small list of most hated teams. St Marys, Yankees, Lakers, Duke. In that order too.

Sorry but I can't say "Go Gaels". I won't.

It was a great game though. Exciting. and Overtime! We deserved to win it. They earned it. And yes, "deserved" is a subjective choice of words.
GO GAELS!!!

Gael wins in the NCAA tourney mean money for GU, it's that simple. There is also respect for the WCC.

GO GAELS!!!

SwainZag
03-06-2012, 07:08 AM
Wow, what's with the animosity here? St. Mary's flat out beat us last night (or you could say the Zags beat themselves, but regardless) The shots didn't fall, can't blame officiating, and I know as much of you hate Delly, the kid got it done.

I bleed GU blue and red, but I have no problems congratulating an opponent on a job well done. I love the St Mary's - Gonzaga rivalry that's formed over the last 4-5 seasons and look forward to it every year. Yes, losing sucks, especially that one last night. But in my mind the WCC is still a little guy, little guys stick together. Good luck in the tourney St. Mary's, unless we catch you late in the tourney I will be rooting for the Gaels.

ZagNative
03-06-2012, 07:12 AM
An additional note for my fellow Zags, Grow up! You're expressing that you hate folks. Its a basketball game played by a bunch of guys who are just out of high school. Show some decency and act like the team you are rooting for. Our players show class in winning and losing, that's why they are winners, lets reflect that as fans.Well said. It's weird to me that so-called grownups purport to "hate" a bunch of college kids playing their hearts out for a fellow religious college.

That was a hell of a game to watch and one of the rare losses where I felt proud of both teams' efforts.

DADoZAG
03-06-2012, 08:07 AM
Congratulations.

That was an epic battle. Harris with the huge three to force OT. You guys just made more shots down the stretch. Excellent officiating, and great basketball. Hope to see you in the NCAA's for round 4.

Well, I can’t agree with all of your OP, but thanx for getting it started.

Great game Gaels, and good luck in the Tourney!

As for all the other posts in this thread, there is no low road, no high road, only THE road that we’re all on. Threads like this make me grateful we’re not all riding together, however.

Go ZAGS!

englishzag
03-06-2012, 08:12 AM
If Ward and Gatti can beat the living you know what out of each other then cheer each other on after three epic fights then I think we can pull for St. Mary's in the Tournament.

hooter73
03-06-2012, 11:06 AM
I have very little respect or appreciation for their coach, players, program, style ... basically everything but Son of a B Delle is one tough dude. For 45 minutes he was beat up, thrown down, tossed around and made it all look like nothing.

Gonswagga
03-06-2012, 11:09 AM
I am not looking forward to a seasoned and conditioned Waldow. Dude has game.

sittingon50
03-06-2012, 05:47 PM
To each his own I guess. You can be upset about the loss but after the final whistle you've got to flip the switch. The guys in the other unis sweat & bleed too.

Congrats to the Gaels. The stage was different, but almost as epic as the NCAA game with Arizona.

Hope the Zags, Gaels & BYU absolutely kick butt in the Big Tourney.