PDA

View Full Version : Zone St. Mary?

Midwestzag
03-04-2012, 06:58 PM
We should Zone them every 4 minutes or so to throw off Delly's pick and roll rhythm.

What do you think?

fedwayzag
03-04-2012, 07:00 PM
I am not against the occasional zone, but do not be predictable. Like only after time outs. Mix it up just once in a while and hopefully in Steidl is out.

tobizag
03-04-2012, 08:34 PM
i think if we go to a zone, steindl and mouthguard start canning uncontested 3's.

gonzagacfen
03-04-2012, 08:56 PM
St. Mary's shares the ball enough that they'll be able to hit an open man for a 3 with ease... on another note, for how well BYU shares the ball, we held them to only 8 assists yesterday and Davies only managed to collect 2 rebounds. Id like to see Sacred pass more out of the double team and bell to guard mouthpiece the full 40.

krozman
03-04-2012, 09:42 PM
i think if we go to a zone, steindl and mouthguard start canning uncontested 3's.

This. I'm willing to lose a game where Sacre, Dower and Harris get out muscled in the paint (good luck!), but I always hate those games where we get behind by 10 because of 3 bombs and we make just enough mistakes to lose the game in the end.

Zag79
03-05-2012, 01:26 PM
No zone, please I'm begging. Ive seen enough losses to teams that can only beat us with the three ball thanks to this zone. :explode: The man to man was highly effective against BYU, and I would love to see it against the Gaels as well. Edi on Delly is the way to go if you ask me, GBJ is a good defender but lacks the size the stop Delly. I would be shocked if SMC can beat us without getting open looks from three against the zone.

former1dog
03-05-2012, 01:27 PM
No zone, please I'm begging. Ive seen enough losses to teams that can only beat us with the three ball thanks to this zone. :explode: The man to man was highly effective against BYU, and I would love to see it against the Gaels as well. Edi on Delly is the way to go if you ask me, GBJ is a good defender but lacks the size the stop Delly. I would be shocked if SMC can beat us without getting open looks from three against the zone.

This, especially the bolded part.

MDABE80
03-05-2012, 02:02 PM
Maybe a bit. I think Rob on Waldow, Elias on Jones, and Hart/Edi on Clint....Gary on Dova, Kevin on their PG.
It's a good lineup to defend. Matches up well.
KEY: hit the boards, play defense and no turns.

MM is a good defender and he's very long as is Keita ( who defends like a Tasmanian Devil. We have the talent to defend well.
Honestly I think Elias and Rob should have a field day underneath. I hope Gary Bell has recovered.