PDA

View Full Version : Does The Winner Get Portland?

WhitworthZAG
03-03-2012, 11:35 PM
What are the odds of the winner getting sent to Portland?

jpn17
03-03-2012, 11:53 PM
There's probably a pretty good shot, but I really couldn't give you odds. You just never know with the selection committee.

Coach Crazy
03-04-2012, 01:08 AM
What are the odds of the winner getting sent to Portland?

Honestly, I am most concerned with the first round matchup and the overall region we are in. I don't want Cuse or UNC in the same region. That would be a violent beating to witness, were we to get that far.

Oregonzagnut
03-04-2012, 01:33 AM
Honestly, I am most concerned with the first round matchup and the overall region we are in. I don't want Cuse or UNC in the same region. That would be a violent beating to witness, were we to get that far.

Although I would tend to agree, if we play like we did against BYU, we would do OK against anyone IMO.

Just limit TO's to under 10 and make 40% of our 3's and we can go toe to toe with anyone. Period.

TacomaZAG
03-04-2012, 06:02 AM
the winner Monday night gets Portland for the first weekend. With the dearth of good teams (potential 5-6 seeds) from the West Coast (GU/SMC/UNLV/SDSU are the only ones) I like our chances of being sent to the Rose City after we beat SMC on Monday.

While I don't want to be in the UNC or Orange bracket, I'm not enamored of Kentucky or Kansas either. Location for the first weekend is more important to me than bracket, as after the first weekend all the games are extremely difficult.

Like OrZag said, if we make 6+ 3's and limit TO's to 15 or fewer, I like our chances against anyone.

Win Monday and play in Portland..................

Go ZAGS

DCZag
03-04-2012, 06:14 AM
If we win on Monday, I don't think Portland is out of the question....but I never thought we'd play in NC against Davidson either

Zagsker
03-04-2012, 08:24 AM

this is where I am at...I would love for a 6 seed so we can avoid a 1 seed until the E8...imo Kentucky, Syracuse and UNC (possibly KU) are a level above everyone else and playing one of them (hopefully) as late as possible is the best option

bostonzagfan
03-04-2012, 10:26 AM
6 seed would be huge

jim77
03-04-2012, 08:32 PM
this is where I am at...I would love for a 6 seed so we can avoid a 1 seed until the E8...imo Kentucky, Syracuse and UNC (possibly KU) are a level above everyone else and playing one of them (hopefully) as late as possible is the best option

yup

krozman
03-04-2012, 08:40 PM
Ya I dunno Portland is kinda nice, but i'm waiting for progress on the SECOND weekend, not just the first. And for that,......doesn't matter to me where first weekend will be..... (I know I know cart before the horse and all, but you were thinking it too!)

hooter73
03-05-2012, 08:26 AM
Id rather win far away then lose close to home.

TacomaZAG
03-05-2012, 09:09 AM
We can't get to the second weekend without two wins in the first weekend. So, for me it's all about the first weekend. After the first weekend, assuming we are still dancing, all the games are tough and we will most likely be an underdog. Ideally, we are a 6 seed in Portland for the first weekend, but I'd rather be in Portland as any seed than anywhere else as any seed.

Go ZAGS