• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gamagin
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Hudson-Santangelo post game interviews with Lloyd and KP

Tommy Lloyd (TL): today we came out & got off to a great start. especially vs. byu,you need to do that. Our guys were dialed in and we did the job.

THudson: final 34 mins we were ahead by at least 10.
    TL: "Yeah ! great day. we got them on their heels. our guys did a great job. They double the post. they double the ball screen. Those are our two best weapons. we had to adjust. penetrate. we've been working hard at it. I looked at Few at one point and said "It's actually working."

TL: gotta take care of the ball against them. so good in transition they'll turn a t.o. into a three quickly. we took our plan and executed for 40 minutes.
    TH: complete game for KP

TL: yes, he's something special. Still can't believe he missed a f.t., though (laughing). One t.o., too.

Edi did a good job on abou, too. abou wound up with a double double but the banging was there.

what about st. mary?
    TL: opportunity we're excited to see. Holt didn't play tonight. Don't knowif he will be back Monday. But we're going to have to create some serious adversity for them.

KP: so much fun. whole team brought it. non losing mentality. everyone brought it. they were energized in this atmosphere, which is so much fun.

TH: you had a great defensive game tonight.
    KP: thanks. I take pride in defense. I'm trying to focus on it. it's really important. really had to be focused and not lose track.

TH: offensively how that feel?
    KP: you get legs under you and hit one and then two. teammates were finding me and i was looking for my shot more than other games.

TH: Edi was all over the place.
    KP: yeah. he's so strong. physical. brings more than stats to our team. composed. he's stepped up big. great piece (of the team puzzle). alot of zags stepped up. he was one of those.

KP: st. mary's is going to be fun. Big rivalry. finals. nothing better.

TH: Did you expect all this tonight ? WCC tourney & all. Did it meet or exceed your expectations.
    KP: exceeded my expectations. byu didn't go away. The atmosphere was great and the way we played. it was a great win but we're not satisfied yet.

TH (said after KP left): Pangos did all this in front of his family, too. They were here in Vegas and watched it live.
    Go TEAM Zags !

"John Stockton is one of the true marvels, not just of basketball, or in America, but in the history of Western Civilization!”
    Tom Hammond: “Wow, that’s a pretty strong statement. I guess I don’t have a good handle on world history.”
    Bill: “Well Tom, that’s because you didn’t go to UCLA." - Bill Walton
  • RenoZag
    Super Moderator
    • Feb 2007

thanx for the recap. According to Bennett, Holt won't be playing Monday either
    The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• ZagNative
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

How much fun it must have been for Kevin's family to be in the stands for that game! Lots more fun coming for the Pangos family!

Comment

• gamagin
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

Matt Santangelo (MS) comments post game

MS -- KP has genuine emotion, even though he's a quiet guy by nature. He's a great spirit. Very analytical. When you (TH) were talking about his defensive game, his response was analytical, too. He said he's been working on it and was pleased with his progress.

MS: We saw it, too. The lights shine no brighter than the post season play of the Bulldogs.

MS on GLE -- had a great night. played 37 mins. lead the team in p.t.
        EH had 15 boards. Huge night. another double double.

(by comparison) -- BYU's Davies had 17 points, but only two rebounds. that says a lot about how well we played against him tonight.
        Go TEAM Zags !

"John Stockton is one of the true marvels, not just of basketball, or in America, but in the history of Western Civilization!”
        Tom Hammond: “Wow, that’s a pretty strong statement. I guess I don’t have a good handle on world history.”

Comment

• Mantua
          Zag for Life
          • Mar 2007

Thank you. I don't know how you can transcribe like that.
          Bonjour tristesse.

Comment

• gamagin
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

post game p. 3

MC -- sub of the game. 2-2, 5 points and an assist.

MS on MC: he was solid. came in first half, got a floater in the lane. the three pointer he made (drive, and one) will be a career shot for him. The timing and the shot were big.

MS: We had 13 t.o.'s, not great, but didn't cause problems. points off to's -- byu got 9.

MS: goal for the game is 6 per half. we were right there. great flow start to finish.

SMC Game review:

TH: KP already thinking about SMC.
            This game (SMC wanting to win the league and the tourney) has been brewing for 6-7 years. They want it all.
            MS: motivation for us is the big chip on the shoulder game for us. When the rubber hits the road, we're going to show them they aren't quite ready to win this tourney yet.

MS: (injured starter) Holt is questionable Mon. tommy said it earlier, and that is this: smc has a short bench. but they shot 62% in the second half. The guys they have are really, really good. they get a day off, too. So, throw out all rational thought. come Monday night it's going to be war.

-end-
            Go TEAM Zags !

Comment

• gamagin
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

thanks,

Originally posted by Mantua View Post
              Thank you. I don't know how you can transcribe like that.
              i make it up.
              Go TEAM Zags !

Comment

• RenoZag
                Super Moderator
                • Feb 2007

Certainly, BYU must be feeling pangs of disappointment after their lackluster performance, and they won't soon forget the performance of freshman Bulldog guard Kevin Pangos. The WCC newcomer of the year lit up the Cougars for 30 points, just short of his career-high of 33 that he scored against Washington State back in November.
                The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• bartruff1
                  Zag for Life
                  • Jan 2010

Originally posted by gamagin View Post
                  i make it up.
                  lmao...

Comment

• caduceus
                    Zag for Life
                    • Mar 2007

gamagin, you rock. Takes a lot of effort to do that. Much appreciated from us out of towners. 1510 in Seattle is VERY spotty.

Comment

• gamagin
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

pangs & pangos, lol

"get me rewrite!"
                      Go TEAM Zags !

Comment

• ZagsGoZags
                        Zag for Life
                        • Nov 2007

I hope we run SMC hard on Monday
                        no Stockton walking up the floor in slow motion
                        they are a little thin, we're not, and we need to try to wear them out a little

Comment

• rijman
                          Zag for Life
                          • Nov 2009

Thanks for the recap. What a great night for Pangos, he lights it up at both ends of the court, Zags win big and his family is there watching. A great game all around.
                          It's not the size of the Bulldog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the Bulldog!

GO ZAGS!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X