PDA

View Full Version : 2012 MLS fantasy league - All welcome

asoc
03-03-2012, 01:45 AM
I went ahead and created a GU Boards MLS Fantasy League for the upcoming season on the ESPN website.

I encourage anyone who is interested to join, even if you aren't a big soccer fan.

http://games.espn.go.com/fc-manager-mls/

Group details
Name: GU Boards
Password: Zagaholic

I created it as a private group but everyone is welcome.

Roster lock for first week of action is in one week.

If you have any questions ask them and I will try to help you figure them out.

There are players missing as well as on the wrong teams right now. I hope they get them updated as it gets closer to first kick.

BobZag
03-03-2012, 11:46 AM
I'm in, but I admit I don't know MLS players as much as I know BPL.

Nevtelen
03-03-2012, 01:03 PM
Nice! I'm in!

Besides my regular team, I've also started an all Under-23 group. If anyone is interested, please feel free to join. The group is public (no password) and the name is 23 and Under. You have to have a team with all players under 23. It's kind of a fun way to speculate about who is the next big, young up-and-comer in MLS and add some extra difficulty to the MLS Fantasy league.

asoc
03-03-2012, 07:34 PM
Nice! I'm in!

Besides my regular team, I've also started an all Under-23 group. If anyone is interested, please feel free to join. The group is public (no password) and the name is 23 and Under. You have to have a team with all players under 23. It's kind of a fun way to speculate about who is the next big, young up-and-comer in MLS and add some extra difficulty to the MLS Fantasy league.

Nice, I was thinking about trying a team of all US players.
U23 sounds like more fun, I might try it out.

xjzico
03-05-2012, 08:29 AM
Anyone care to move this over to the official MLS site? I noticed the ESPN site does not have the new signings for the teams. Plus the MLS site is almost exactly like the official Premier League fantasy game which is pretty easy to use. Would imagine a private league is pretty easy to set up.

Check it out at the mlssoccer.com.

Nevtelen
03-05-2012, 09:58 AM
Anyone care to move this over to the official MLS site? I noticed the ESPN site does not have the new signings for the teams. Plus the MLS site is almost exactly like the official Premier League fantasy game which is pretty easy to use. Would imagine a private league is pretty easy to set up.

I already have an ESPN account and am part of a couple groups there (and I played last year so I'm pretty familiar with the site), so I'll probably stick with them. I'd hope they'll update rosters before midweek or so. If they don't have updated rosters by First Kick, I'll consider switching, though.

Nevtelen
03-05-2012, 09:59 AM
Nice, I was thinking about trying a team of all US players.
U23 sounds like more fun, I might try it out.

BTW, just a n.b. if you do jump in - it's not totally clear from what I wrote, I realise, but you can use players who are 23 or younger (i.e. 23 yr olds are fine).

xjzico
03-05-2012, 12:19 PM
I already have an ESPN account and am part of a couple groups there (and I played last year so I'm pretty familiar with the site), so I'll probably stick with them. I'd hope they'll update rosters before midweek or so. If they don't have updated rosters by First Kick, I'll consider switching, though.
On closer inspection, they do have Gspuring & Sivebaek of the Sounders so that gives me hope.

There's just two players who I think are going to be sure fire impact players who aren't on there.

asoc
03-05-2012, 02:23 PM

The official MLS one forces you to use facebook:-/
Trying to steer clear of facebook apps. Don't like all the personal data they get access too and don't want to go through the effort of creating a random facebook account just for the occasional game.

BobZag
03-05-2012, 03:04 PM
This site is waaay different than the FPL site. But I think I'll stagger my way through it okay. I'm not used to just picking any player I wanted. I've only been a draft league. I have a FPL team just for fun that has no player over 6.5 and it's doing well. FPL has players that cost 12 and 13, ie, Rooney, Van Persie, Aguero, etc. But you can buy guys like Yakuba, Sturridge, Cisse, Ba for low prices.

xjzico
03-06-2012, 09:20 AM
The official MLS one forces you to use facebook:-/
Trying to steer clear of facebook apps. Don't like all the personal data they get access too and don't want to go through the effort of creating a random facebook account just for the occasional game.
Fair enough. One can put a pretty powerful squad together fairly easily on ESPN which is nice. I just wish they'd add my players so I can insert them into my squad.

Dempsey has been a huge fantasy bargain.

asoc
03-06-2012, 04:26 PM
Here are some resources for people

http://www.mlsfantasymanager.com/
and
http://www.mlsfantasy.blogspot.com/

asoc
03-16-2012, 06:33 PM
Bump, don't forget to make any changes you may want to before the games start this weekend.

Check out the first link in my previous post for some good information on what players are out etc.

asoc
03-22-2012, 10:27 AM
First game of the weekend is Friday night when the Sounders host the Dynamo.

Make sure you make any changes before the deadline.

BobZag
03-23-2012, 03:55 PM
Out: Bunbury
In: Boyd

Have my eye on some future trades. :)

asoc
03-23-2012, 11:31 PM
Bunbury hasn't impressed me at all in the past year or so. I think Sapong is the better player between those two. But Sapong is on olympic qualifying duty right now.

I keep picking bad captains... I switched to Montero for this week, I had a feeling... I had DeRo the previous two weeks... watch DeRo have a good game... Which I really can't complain about.

The one SKC player I have is Zusi...

asoc
04-02-2012, 09:35 AM
Just a reminder, the first game for this upcoming week is Wednesday. So the deadline for any changes will be Wednesday before kickoff at some point.

xjzico
04-13-2012, 10:13 AM
Haven't really figured a good way to go after points in these double game weeks. There's just so many of them!

And when will LA wake up from their Championship hangover?