PDA

View Full Version : Fri Nite games

sittingon50
03-02-2012, 05:09 PM
I'm not seeing the WCC site streaming the games, looks like it's linked to ESPNU. If I don't get that station & don't get BYUTV, is there another option?

Thanks.

sittingon50
03-02-2012, 05:42 PM
firstrowsports.eu

Akzag
03-02-2012, 06:27 PM
the remaining WCC tourny games should all be streamed online via espn3.com as well ... just another option

Bulldog
03-02-2012, 07:40 PM
Is there a delay on the BYU/SDU game or did they switch channels. Help.

SteelZag
03-02-2012, 07:43 PM
8:47pm tip-off on ESPNU.

Bulldog
03-02-2012, 07:43 PM
Never mind, I was just tired of hearing about Duke.

DixieZag
03-02-2012, 08:07 PM
Not a bad start for USD - wish they could have hit that 3 and went ahead two - instead BYU hits the three and up 4.

Hartsock looks healthy. Wonder if he'll tire quickly.

gamagin
03-02-2012, 08:13 PM
going for it tonight. Good.

All hands on deck, harassing BYU and gaining confidence in the process. So far, so good.

Wear them out, run them ragged, while your at it, torreros.

Therunner
03-02-2012, 08:23 PM
Not a bad start for USD - wish they could have hit that 3 and went ahead two - instead BYU hits the three and up 4.

Hartsock looks healthy. Wonder if he'll tire quickly.

I think Hartsock looks like a shadow of himself thus far, which is to be expected. Just a bit rusty is all, but just healthy enough to compete once he gets warmed up. He still looks stiff compared to our game in Prove(he put on a clinic), although he scored a put back and jumper already. This game could be exactly what Noah needs prior to us, stretch the legs a bit. I have a feeling he'll see no more than 15-20 mins tonight based on missing so many practices and recent games.

I like how hard USD is playing, although they are 0-8 on 3pt shots this game, when they shot 40+% last night...if this improves, who knows. Keep pressing and pressuring USD, pretty good game so far, yet feels like BYU is one Davies' scoring run away from pulling ahead and not looking back...still haven't seen anyone on USD who can stop BYU's bigs. They should heat up sooner or later, Billy's boys will need to start hitting shots to stay in it...

Ekrub
03-02-2012, 08:30 PM
wow, tied at 34 at half

Bulldog
03-02-2012, 08:35 PM
If Johnny Dee gets hot in the 2nd half, BYU could have a tough game on their hands. :bishop_smiley:

Therunner
03-02-2012, 08:42 PM
If Johnny Dee gets hot in the 2nd half, BYU could have a tough game on their hands. :bishop_smiley:

Davies is going to get his(I'd guess 16 in the 2nd half), so someone from USD will need to get hot for them to have a chance.

Once Davies says "go", which he was hesitant in the 1st half, not many teams in the Country can limit his looks, just have to hope he misses.

Hopefully, Dee can hit some shots and Anderson can penetrate and open things up a bit...

Outside of Davies/Hartsock, BYU is a poor shooting team overall. This could hurt them in the Tournament.

SweetOnionZag
03-02-2012, 08:43 PM
I'm not seeing the WCC site streaming the games, looks like it's linked to ESPNU. If I don't get that station & don't get BYUTV, is there another option?

Thanks.

http://espn.go.com/watchespn/player/_/source/espn3/id/414397/size/condensed/

The entire tourney is streamed here.........

VinnyZag
03-02-2012, 08:48 PM
I think I'd rather see BYU win. Give GU a chance at another top-50 win.

Therunner
03-02-2012, 08:50 PM
I think I'd rather see BYU win. Give GU a chance at another top-50 win.

While I find myself rooting for USD, I agree with this notion -- plus, it'd be more fun to play BYU in Vegas with all the fans in attendance.

Another Top-50 win would be pretty, yet so would advancing to the WCC finals...

Tough call.

I still say Go Torreros! Can't resist.

FieldHouseFishHouse
03-02-2012, 08:51 PM
http://espn.go.com/watchespn/player/_/source/espn3/id/414397/size/condensed/

The entire tourney is streamed here.........

This is extremely difficult to find.

DixieZag
03-02-2012, 08:53 PM
While I find myself rooting for USD, I agree with this notion -- plus, it'd be more fun to play BYU in Vegas with all the fans in attendance.

Another Top-50 win would be pretty, yet so would advancing to the WCC finals...

Tough call.

I still say Go Torreros! Can't resist.

At the very least we want BYU to work HARD for this victory.

DixieZag
03-02-2012, 08:55 PM
And with each minute that the game is close, the harder the defense they must play, the more they have to work for rebounds - - so possibly late in the game tomorrow there will be a little left in the tank. Plus, it must be a little disconcerting that a game with GU is the present for a hard fought victory over USD.

Therunner
03-02-2012, 08:57 PM
Exactly as predicted, Davies starting to take over -- one of the most naturally talented/gifted PF's in the Country, imo. Strong, long, lean, skilled, a coaches dream at that position.

Also, Hartsock loosening up and looking strong this half.

We're gonna need to beat BYU at full-strength...

BYU has some nice pieces & Carlino's future is bright, but at the end of the day, its all up to Hartsock and Davies, they go as far as they take them...

Therunner
03-02-2012, 09:02 PM
whoa, unreal stat:

Hartsock and Davies have scored 19 of the last 21 points for the cougars this half...

Uh oh, Hartsock looks to be 100%. Bad news for Zags as he dominated us last game.

DixieZag
03-02-2012, 09:15 PM
What do you think is the bigger advantage - Playing the night before, playing hard, but well OR: BYU

Resting the night before and watching the game. GU

VinnyZag
03-02-2012, 09:31 PM
Not to hijack, but I was just wondering: With this loss, does Loyola Marymount make the NIT?

T-bonedazag
03-02-2012, 09:32 PM
I would have to go with GU getting the rest. I am curious to see how Noah's knee is on short rest and a quick turnaround.

Angelo Roncalli
03-02-2012, 09:52 PM
I would have to go with GU getting the rest. I am curious to see how Noah's knee is on short rest and a quick turnaround.

Agreed. That thing could swell up like a python after eating a ###-bellied pig.

FieldHouseFishHouse
03-03-2012, 09:04 AM
Not to hijack, but I was just wondering: With this loss, does Loyola Marymount make the NIT?

Probably not.
These days, the auto-bids really fill up the NIT (regular season champs from single bid leagues for the most part).
The few spots that are left over go to BCS bubble teams. LMU is not really even close to being a bubble team.
Fortunately, there are other post-season tourneys. LMU could very well make the CBI or CIT, two 16 (?) team tourneys. I think Santa Clara and USF made the finals of one of them last year. SCU won as I recall (sorry its early for me).

IrishZag
03-03-2012, 10:54 AM
Agreed. That thing could swell up like a python after eating a ###-bellied pig.

+1 on the knee swelling remark.

###... Oh the sweet legacy of Josh Heytvelt. Can somebody address that admins? I think we have some unintended consequences going on here.