PDA

View Full Version : From KSL this morning

SweetOnionZag
03-02-2012, 11:29 AM
http://www.ksl.com/?sid=19434444&nid=272&title=shep-talk-what-happens-in-vegas&s_cid=queue-10

It looks like they are fairly optimistic

zag buddy
03-02-2012, 11:36 AM
Everyones optomistic before the games and half of the fans are in depression 10 minutes into the game. Wonderful competitive league. I can't remember a year it has been this exciting. Go Zags

DixieZag
03-02-2012, 11:54 AM
Important to note that this view is coming from a sports reporter and not the team itself - but the complete assumption that they will handle USD easily is probably not the thinking of the coaching staff. But if the players are already thinking about tomorrow, that could be a problem if USD is shooting well.

There is also a bit of an assumption that if BYU has its bigs playing against GU that it will likely beat GU - I would not be ready to make that assumption given that they were a shot away from losing to USF and had the same struggles against SCU that we did.

Another observation: Size matters to BYU fans. They can't seem to get over that they are forced to slum in the "quaint" (read small) - the reporter's direct quote about the Orleans arena.

I would not be heart broken if BYU lost to USD tonight. I would really like to beat them though.

SweetOnionZag
03-02-2012, 12:04 PM
Important to note that this view is coming from a sports reporter and not the team itself - but the complete assumption that they will handle USD easily is probably not the thinking of the coaching staff. But if the players are already thinking about tomorrow, that could be a problem if USD is shooting well.

There is also a bit of an assumption that if BYU has its bigs playing against GU that it will likely beat GU - I would not be ready to make that assumption given that they were a shot away from losing to USF and had the same struggles against SCU that we did.

Another observation: Size matters to BYU fans. They can't seem to get over that they are forced to slum in the "quaint" (read small) - the reporter's direct quote about the Orleans arena.

I would not be heart broken if BYU lost to USD tonight. I would really like to beat them though.

AMEN.....But I can understand the reporters optimism if he was courtside on Feb. 2nd in Provo. Geez did they stink.