PDA

View Full Version : how is it that GU CANNOT win or tie for the WCC Championship?

CodeCobalt
02-28-2012, 07:39 AM
I know I should know, but GU has ran things in the WCC conference for so long(only conference I really pay attention to this time of year, cause WSU is long gone). How is it that we cannot win or at least tie for the WCC championship? There's still the WCC Tournament, we're only a game behind.

If St. Maries loses their first game, and GU wins the Tournament, wouldn't we be a game ahead, plus tournament champions? Even if St. Maries won their first game, and GU won the conference, we would be tied, but conference champs.. So how would that not give us the WCC championship?

bigblahla
02-28-2012, 07:46 AM
Regular season conference champ is determined by the best record over 16 conference games. The WCC tournament is a separate animal deciding the automatic bid to the NCAA tournament.

Go!! Zags!!!

former1dog
02-28-2012, 07:48 AM
I know I should know, but GU has ran things in the WCC conference for so long(only conference I really pay attention to this time of year, cause WSU is long gone). How is it that we cannot win or at least tie for the WCC championship? There's still the WCC Tournament, we're only a game behind.

If St. Maries loses their first game, and GU wins the Tournament, wouldn't we be a game ahead, plus tournament champions? Even if St. Maries won their first game, and GU won the conference, we would be tied, but conference champs.. So how would that not give us the WCC championship?

The streak was for regular season conference championships, not WCC tournament championships. The WCC tournament doesn't count towards the regular season because it is an "after the season" tournament.

CodeCobalt
02-28-2012, 07:56 AM
Thanks guys, that thought came to me while typing but I had to make sure.