• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gozagswoohoo
    Time Zone Challenged Board Greeter
    • Feb 2007

- - - GUnit of the Game - - - (Longwood) YOU GET 2 VOTES

Hey everyone, who is your GUnit? You can vote TWICE....on senior night.

:-)

Thank you seniors!
    Spangler
    12.15%
    GBJ
    21.96%
    Sacre
    28.04%
    Carter
    35.98%
    Someone else?
    1.87%
    Allow myself to introduce....myself...
  • Oregonzagnut
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2011

hmmm. I wonder what 2 I will vote for. Rob & Quise. All the way!
    “People can talk. People can speculate. These guys are hungry and they're ready to go." Mark Few

Comment

• Zag@LMU
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2011

Oops voted for 3. Career game for GBJ gotta recognize.
      "Those Who Sacrifice Liberty For Security Deserve Neither." - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• TheGonzagaFactor
        Zag for Life
        • Oct 2011

Quise and Bell.
        "After holding open practices during his first three seasons, Romar closed them to reporters last season, citing the "Gonzaga factor." He felt his team was compromised before the 2004-05 game against the Zags, that the opponent awaiting him and beating him 99-87 in Spokane seemed a little too well prepared."

Comment

• gozagswoohoo
          • Feb 2007

Spangler had a great game too. Man, that kid has got some magnet hands.

Which....technically doesn't make sense, because the ball is made of rubber, and having magnetic hands wouldn't help you at all....but you know what I mean.

Comment

• HillBillyZag
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Spangs had a double -double 12-10, he got my vote.
            [/QUOTE]“Sometimes a player's greatest challenge is coming to grips with his role on the team.”
            ― Scottie Pippen

Comment

• 04ZagFan
              Banned
              • Oct 2011

Originally posted by gozagswoohoo View Post
              Spangler had a great game too. Man, that kid has got some magnet hands.

Which....technically doesn't make sense, because the ball is made of rubber, and having magnetic hands wouldn't help you at all....but you know what I mean.
              Now he needs to hit the treadmill, hit the weights, and work on that vertical leap! Can't be missing dunks at that size!

Comment

• awberke
                Bleeds GU Blue
                • Jan 2010

Marquise played like he had something to prove, but he also turned it over just like he normally does. I maintain that he is our best passer, and I think he deserves a stab at point.

This game just proved that GBJ needs to shoot more. "He's just streaky that's the issue...oh ya?" How bout 20 games this season shooting over 50% from 3. He just needs to be confident, he was so confident tonight.

Comment

• MaroonZag22
                  Kennel Club Material
                  • Apr 2009

Had to go with the seniors!

Thanks for a fantastic 5 and 2 years Sacre and Carter!

Comment

• Baseline
                    Zag for Life
                    • Jan 2011

Sacrae & Carter have been god for Gonzaga! Its not over yet, but whatever they do in life, I wish them the best.
                    "The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you can never know if they are genuine"---Abraham Lincoln.

Comment

• Reborn
                      Zag for Life
                      • Oct 2007

I had to go with Bell and Spangler. Two freshmen. Spangler had a double double.

I agree what was said about Carter. I hope he finishes his career at GU in away he will be very proud.
                      Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Comment

• Psychozag
                        Kennel Club Alum
                        • Feb 2007

Love the Seniors, but got to go with Spangler for getting his first double double (of hopefully many), and Gary Bell who, at 6 for 9 from deep, was really stroking it against Longwood.

Comment

• HillBillyZag
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2007

04, why do you seem to have doubt about Spangler being the answer to our problems in the middle? As other posters have stated some our best big men had no great vertical leap. And as for the weight issue ?, have you ever watched the 6-9, 280 frosh that played at Miami, he does'nt have much hops either, he just moves people out of the way and does his thing. Dr. Krause reminded us at the "Be like Coach" sessions that a dunk counts no nore than a lay-in.
                          [/QUOTE]“Sometimes a player's greatest challenge is coming to grips with his role on the team.”
                          ― Scottie Pippen

Comment

• 04ZagFan
                            Banned
                            • Oct 2011

Originally posted by HillBillyZag View Post
                            04, why do you seem to have doubt about Spangler being the answer to our problems in the middle? As other posters have stated some our best big men had no great vertical leap. And as for the weight issue ?, have you ever watched the 6-9, 280 frosh that played at Miami, he does'nt have much hops either, he just moves people out of the way and does his thing. Dr. Krause reminded us at the "Be like Coach" sessions that a dunk counts no nore than a lay-in.
                            I'd like to see what Spangler can do against teams that actually have size. Not to be mean, because I'm aware he's just a freshman who has seen little PT, but last night, he looked like a walk on getting minutes in mop up duty to me. Like I said, he needs to get into shape, because he's in very poor shape, he was absolutely gassed last night,and he seems to have a lot of "baby fat." Spangler doesn't have the size to just move people out of the way. He can rebound, but I haven't seen any post moves out of him this year. Just kinda throws it up at the rim over shorter players.

I'm not going to say that he wont be good for us.. But I will say, from what I've seen in very limited PT this season, I haven't seen anything that tells me he will be great for us. His fitness, athletic ability, and lack of height has been a big disappointment to me.

Comment

• gozagswoohoo
                              • Feb 2007

Welp, that settles it, looks like the GUnit was Sacre and MarMar (yes, I used that nickname. Please, no throwing stones).

Comment

Working...
                              X