PDA

View Full Version : Rob's Post game comments

LongIslandZagFan
02-27-2012, 07:02 PM
Wants to do what past teams haven't...

Wants Walters (Jack-wagon extraordinaire) and his crew in the WCC final.

Opinions?

awberke
02-27-2012, 07:04 PM
I posted it in the other thread and i'll say it again, I respect people that say what mean and mean what they say. Who is going to fault him for being honest? It's true anyway, Rex is a deuche canoe.

Goshzagit
02-27-2012, 07:13 PM
Count me in as another who would like to see a Dons/Zags final this year.

I know SEVERAL others who feel the same way.

There is not another Coach, Message board, or team I dislike more in the WCC. Nope.

Mucho respect for St Marys & BYU(not the fans), yet none to USF, not even a little...

Let's get past the Cougs first, but bring on the DONS baby.

Bulldog
02-27-2012, 07:16 PM
Heister- Well its been great knowing you Rob.
Rob- Wish I could say the same, but sometimes, I wish you were someone else.:adored:

snebzag
02-27-2012, 07:17 PM
Deuche canoe? I don't know what that is. Never heard it before. Will use it tomorrow in some situation.
I do respect Rob for saying what he feels. He better bring it when it counts to back it up.
Rex is what we have made him. He runs with the pack, rarely gets out front and when he does he gets pushed back. He is not allowed to mate. He just hunts. No wonder he barks alot of nonesense. You would too if you were in his position. He is young. He may grow up someday.

Ekrub
02-27-2012, 07:35 PM
Eh, I'd like a chance to beat st Mary's and BYU 2/3 times. For the RPI and the bragging rights.

madness
02-27-2012, 08:07 PM
Eh, I'd like a chance to beat st Mary's and BYU 2/3 times. For the RPI and the bragging rights.

This is the logical standpoint and most likely will happen, BUT if somehow USF makes a run, I would love to beat them by 20 in the final...I share Rob's sentiments exactly...

former1dog
02-27-2012, 08:20 PM
Rob- Wish I could say the same, but sometimes, I wish you were someone else.:adored:

:roll:

I had a really good laugh on this one. Very funny stuff.

I liked the bulletin board material Rob threw at Walters, too.

Psychozag
02-27-2012, 09:08 PM
Of course I would love to see USF in the final because I am confident we can beat them. It took 22 turnovers and a last second prayer to beat us at USF. BYU and SMC...those will be two 50/50 games. I'll be in Vegas, so like Rob, I am also hoping GU plays USF.

Bogozags
02-27-2012, 10:13 PM

Did Rob really say these words? I was at a sport's bar and could not hear any of the game or post-game, which really sucks as I have only taken one semester of Lip Reading and it wasn't enough...

awberke
02-27-2012, 10:51 PM
Did Rob really say these words? I was at a sport's bar and could not hear any of the game or post-game, which really sucks as I have only taken one semester of Lip Reading and it wasn't enough...

I believe it was a running joke. He said it during an interview they showed during halftime as well. I'm serious though, i think Heister was hurt by it, and probably rightly so. Heister talks Rob up so much I don't think he really deserved it.

former1dog
02-28-2012, 07:08 AM
Sorry, can't resist.

Someone posted on another board in reference to Rob's comments about USF that Blackwell, USF's starting center, "owned" Sacre.

I decided I needed to compare directly the 2 centers. Blackwell is pretty good, so has he "owned" Sacre?

Since Blackwell came on the scene, the 2 teams have played 7 times. Our team has won 4 times and their team 3 times. BUT it appears Blackwell sat out one of GU's wins for injury or some other reason, so the teams are 3 and 3 when both players played in the game.

So, in those 6 games where both players played, the stats are as follows.

Blackwell
9.7 PPG
7.2 RPG
.5 Blocks PG

Sacre
12.8 PPG
6 RPG
2.2 Blocks PG

Looks like a pretty even match up to me with a slight edge to big Rob.

That's all I've got to say about that.

Dirt McGirt
02-28-2012, 07:20 AM
I believe you will find the basketball forum intro of the term "D.ouche Canoe" here posted by yours truly a little over a year ago:

http://godisagael.yuku.com/reply/28649/LMU-Thread#reply-28649

Bogozags
02-28-2012, 07:23 AM
I believe it was a running joke. He said it during an interview they showed during halftime as well. I'm serious though, i think Heister was hurt by it, and probably rightly so. Heister talks Rob up so much I don't think he really deserved it.

I hope it was all in jest and the Heister was not "hurt" by those words. Heister is totally pro-GU and has never said anything negative about the program or any players. He has his limitations on the microphone side but enjoy his spirit!

former1dog
02-28-2012, 07:28 AM

It is obvious to me that Heister and Sacre have a friendly relationship and I highly doubt that Heister took Sacre's comments personally. Heister is just Sacre's straight man, don't take it to seriously.

Drew
02-28-2012, 07:44 AM
Give me a break. These are the things guys say to each other. Heister could not respond with something like "glad you are finally leaving" because he would get fired. Othherwise, that conversation more than anything shows they are friends.

DixieZag
02-28-2012, 07:58 AM
I thought that - at least on the half-time show on Channel 6, Heister said "I'll miss you big guy" and Rob with a big smile and laugh said "I wish I could say the same"

I laughed heartily b/c to me it was obviously in jest. Maybe I missed the latter half.

former1dog
02-28-2012, 08:02 AM
I laughed heartily b/c to me it was obviously in jest. Maybe I missed the latter half.

He simply repeated the joke during a post game interview. Everyone had big smiles and were laughing.

hockeyzag
02-29-2012, 10:48 AM
Personally I thought Sacre came off as kind of a jerk on Senior night, making jokes at others' expense. The Heister comment was awkward and mean, he made a joke towards Marquise to the crowd about being better at finishing than him, which you could tell by his body language that it hurt Quise's feelings, and then he made that unnecessary comment towards Few about them butting heads.

Not the best way to end your 5 years there Rob.

Zagdawg
02-29-2012, 10:58 AM
They talked about Sacres sense of humor and the way he pokes fun during the half time show or afterwards-- and the exchange and banter makes more sense to me.

gamagin
02-29-2012, 11:04 AM
They talked about Sacres sense of humor and the way he pokes fun during the half time show or afterwards-- and the exchange and banter makes more sense to me.

this. his attempt to be himself and joke fell flat with some on Sr. nite. Everyone needs a good editor. However, I've been around him enough to know he constantly communicates by kidding, cajoling, and is the resident big Teddy Bear., etc. His nature is not to be mean. Ever. Not in his DNA.

Frankly, I'd like to see some meanness during some games . . .

former1dog
02-29-2012, 11:08 AM
More on the Blackwell vs. Sacre debate.

Earlier in this thread, I demonstrated that in fact Sacre stacks up very well versus Blackwell and statistically is better head to head against the USF center.

Thought I would take the analysis a step further and see how the 2 compare when they play good teams. I'm defining good teams as top 100 rpi teams. To be fair, I'm only comparing the 2 players when they were the regular full time starter, so the last 3 years for Sacre and the last 2 years for Blackwell.

Sacre has played 39 games versus good teams. GU has won 22 of those games and lost 17. His averages:

PPG 12.08
RPG 6.46
APG .79
BPG 1.49
SPG .69

Blackwell has played 17 games versus good teams. USF has won 3 of those and lost 14. His averages:

PPG 10.47
RPG 6.35
APG .94
BPG .35
SPG .71

Gonzaga teams with Sacre as the starter have compiled 19 more wins vs good teams than has USF teams with Blackwell as the starter. Sacre has a higher scoring average, a higher rebounding average and a higher blocks per game average than Blackwell. Blackwell has higher assists per game average and a higher steals per game average.

Sacre has played much more frequently against good teams than has Blackwell and has participated in many more wins versus good teams. Statistically, he has played better against good teams than has Blackwell.

At this point in their careers, it is an easy conclusion to make that Sacre is the better player.

That said, Blackwell has a year left and has the chance to surpass Sacre as a college basketball player on the basis of individual statistics. Blackwell's chance to be on a team that has been more successful than Sacre's teams is very limited. USF would have to make a Sweet 16 run this year or the next to have a chance at that, barring GU going past the Sweet 16 this year.

Drew
03-01-2012, 12:12 PM
My favorite Sacrae'ism was when he said he wouldn't read Meech a story if Meech didnt get him the ball.

cjm720
03-02-2012, 07:09 AM
My favorite Sacrae'ism was when he said he wouldn't read Meech a story if Meech didnt get him the ball.

Loved that...I can't remember the exact details, but I loved when Sacre told some media that's he goes by Bobby...I've been calling him that ever since LOL.