PDA

View Full Version : My 'streak' thoughts, a question, and a quote

gozagswoohoo
02-27-2012, 06:04 AM
Okay, I just have a few random thoughts that I wanted to throw out there, and the first one is regarding our newly ended 'streak'.

Streak thoughts-

I've been pretty down since SMC locked things up. We were so close to breaking UCLA's record (and anytime we can punish UCLA, I'd like to do so). I figured, if we won this season, when we were so young, that we would be looking GREAT to be able to take the next 2 or 3 with Pangos, GBJ, Dower and company continuing to grow together. But alas, it is over, and it's time to start working on a new streak I guess. It's just frustrating to think that ONE less turnover, or an extra free throw, and bam, we could be looking at our 12th consecutive, and be on the brink of breaking an all time ncaa record for consecutive Ships.....ugh. Like I said, it's been depressing me.

A Question

Is it all BYU's fault? I was thinking about this....if BYU had never joined the WCC, would we have won it again?? SMC had 2 losses, and without BYU, we would have 2 as well. Are those dang newcomers to blame?!?!?! (KINDA??) And of course, I realize we controlled our own fate, and we had 22 turnovers against USF, so WE blew it. But technically, how do you think this seasons conference play goes if BYU never enters the mix?

A quote

"With great power, comes great responsibility" -Spiderman
(Okay, so the quote really has nothing to do with any of this, but I like Spiderman, so.....SHOUT OUT TO SPIDERMAN.

All of this being said, there is still SO much to be excited about. We have some young and RIDICULOUSLY talented gamers on this team. It's gonna be FUN to watch.

NOW BEAT LONGWOOD

kclubfounder
02-27-2012, 06:36 AM
I think the dynamics and flow of the season change dramatically if BYU is not in the conference. I don't think it can simply be assumed that all other results remain the same.

Maybe we tie SMC without BYU. Maybe not. Nobody will ever know.

Reborn
02-27-2012, 07:09 AM
The steak is over. It hurt Saturday night. I woke up Sunday with a clear head. I thought that being in second place being John Wooden and UCLA is a great place to be. I grew up with John Wooden basketball and there is a part of me that is quite ok with the record not being broken. Let's call it divine justice.

The basketball gods seemed to be against us this year. From the beginning of the season when Guy Landry-Edi was made inelligible for 8 games for a rule that no one knew about. His punishment seemed unjust. And then there seemed to be some kind of jinx put on Marquis Carter. He was never able to find his outside shot. And then the injury to Rob's thumb. It just seemed like the basketball gods were not going to let that John Wooden record get broken.

Of course BYU joining the WCC had something to do with it, as much as all of the above things. I do think that the record would have been broken if BYU had not been in the conference. But the reality is, they were, and the steak is over. I'm okay it. Like I said in an earlier post someplace, I would rather have a tougher WCC and not ALWAYS win the conference then to have an easier conference where we won it every year.

The most important thing to me is that the Zags are playing good right now and will be reasy for the conference tournament. They may even feel better now that the darn winning streak is over. So let it go and move on. The Zags have had a very good year so far, and it's not over yet.

ZagNut08
02-27-2012, 07:22 AM
I told myself at the beggining of the year that I would be fine if the streak ended to another WCC team, but I didn't want it to be BYU, because I don't truelly consider them a member of the conference (since I feel we are a temporary fix until they find a better deal.) When the streak ended, it wasn't BYU on top, but like you said, without them, we are tied for first and the beat goes on.

With all things staying the same, if BYU didn't join this year, we would have tied for first, and that sucks. But hey, maybe adding them will get us the better conference we always wanted and help us better prepare for the NCAA tourney?

gozagswoohoo
02-27-2012, 07:38 AM
Good posts and points by all. Thanks for the input. I feel slightly better now, actually.

wiszag
02-27-2012, 08:07 AM
In prior years, the ending of the streak would've meant we'd probably have to win the conference tournament. THAT'S why I always wanted to keep the streak intact. I always felt that when the streak was over we'd be in pretty dire straights. That isn't the case this year. We're locks to make the NCAA tournament, guys are pretty healthy and the team should be hungry to atone for their failure to keep the streak going.

All things considered, if the streak was going to end, this would've been the rosiest scenario imaginable.

Reborn
02-27-2012, 08:13 AM
Good posts and points by all. Thanks for the input. I feel slightly better now, actually.

Let it all go Woohoo. You're too great a fan to stay down long. Love ya, woo and love your posts. You add so much "lightness of being" to this forum, which at times, can be a little depressing. Zagdom needs your spirit to be high once again. Keep up the wonderful things you have done. Go Zags!!! I believe that this team will be super motivated as the prepare for Vegas.

jim77
02-27-2012, 08:25 AM
I have to say it didn't bother me nearly as much as I thought it would....missing the dance to me is MUCH worse. Theres no shame in losing the title in a year that has seen the WCC field some really good teams...its not like ST. Mary's hasn't been close....they were due. I'd be happy with 1 win in the conference tourney...and taking a few scalps in the dance :)

BobZag
02-27-2012, 09:29 AM
The Law of Averages. Can't win every year forever. Just can't.

TacomaZAG
02-27-2012, 09:39 AM
With the Streak over, let's take a look at the unlikely possibility that any team will approach it in the future.

The longest streak is obviously UCLA from the 70's (13), second is our streak of 11 that ended this year, followed by a couple of teams from a while ago that reached 10. With all the parity in College Basketball and guys being one and done, or at least not staying all 4 years (or in some cases 5), I question whether or not another team will ever reach double digits again.

Based on our season this year, the circus shots by Green at USF to end both the first half and the game were the difference. Wow, talk about a razor thin margin of error. People can say all they want about the TO's and other things during that game (I sure added my 2 cents), but luck does play a part in it as the streak grows. Also, regarding the streak, if the 2000/2001 team (I think) wins the conference instead of finishing second to 13-1 Pepperdine, the streak would have been at 14 this year instead of 11, as the ZAGS won the conference for the two years prior to 2000/2001. That would have been unbelievable, to say the least. Finally, if BYU is not in the WCC this year, maybe we win it again, maybe not. Either way, I'm glad they're here and hope they stay for a long time, as it makes the conference better.

Bottom line for me, it is a he!! of a ride every year, streak or no, and we should be as proud of this year's version of our beloved ZAGS as of any other.
Plus, the really fun part of the season is just getting ready to start.

Go ZAGS

scott257
02-27-2012, 09:42 AM
The one thing I find consolation in is that we are still considered the best team in the conference. I know we have to prove that in the tournament, but so far most of the so called experts have us seeded higher than St. Mary's which is such a good thing from my perspective.

JPtheBeasta
02-27-2012, 10:12 AM
I like Spiderman's black costume the best.

We were actually to pull off another year last year, so I was starting to think it was manifest destiny to keep this going. It's funny that you mention BYU, because I almost posted thoughts in similar vain, but was too premature. At the time, I was all about negging on BYU. SFU has definitely taken their place- Rex Walters annoys me to no end and his team has benefitted from some fluky play and horrible officiating. BYU stomped us and forced a lot of turnovers, but I didn't get the same feeling that we got jobbed by the bsaketball gods in that one. I have a hard time with Delly's style of play, but overall think SMC earned everything and don't have any sour grapes towards them. Overall, I know rationally that we had control of our own destiny and blew it, but my emotional axe grinding is directed at SFU.

rijman
02-27-2012, 10:50 AM
I have to say it didn't bother me nearly as much as I thought it would....missing the dance to me is MUCH worse. Theres no shame in losing the title in a year that has seen the WCC field some really good teams...
+1

There have been many sports where interest picks up after the king has been dethroned. We will all be even more excited next season to win the WCC having lost it this season. Besides, if we win the WCC tourney and get a couple of wins or so in the NCAA tourney, it's all good.

Fonebone
02-27-2012, 11:25 AM
I don't recall specifics, but it seems to me that in earlier years during the streak, we had some really lucky breaks in several seasons that allowed us to win the league. Games that we won on last second shots, or where we were fouled in the closing seconds and that let us tie and win in overtime.

Likely over the last 11 years there were close victories that offset the close loss or bad breaks this year.

My guess is that, for reasons stated above, our 2nd place streak is going to stand for a very, very long time. And as much as I would have loved to continue, I'm ok with being second to UCLA. There are good arguments to be made that even with our weaker league, ours is still a comperable achievement compared to UCLA because of the immense talent that they had in those years, and how we did it with much less talent. Clearly our talent compared to the rest of the WCC does not compare to the UCLA talent compared to the rest of the Pac 8. I remember years when they had 3 or 4 all americans on the team. So what the Zags has done does measure up in certain ways. But, ultimately, the Bruins in those years were unbelievably good, almost unique in sports, so, in some ways, its fitting that they retain the record. And I say "in some ways" because I clearly would have loved to break their record. What the Zags have done in this streak is truely amazing, and my be the most important achievement in the long run.

Vanzagger
02-27-2012, 01:52 PM
I think that the streak ending hurts Sacre more than anyone else (probably including Few). That's a lot of pressure to put on players, and I think we will see them play more freely going forward for the rest of the season (and beyond).

Sure it would have been awesome to break that record, but we know that the talking heads would have downplayed the streak (as they have been doing when they aren't broadcasting our games) due to our conference, so I think we were all kidding ourselves at how important the rest of the world would have thought of the streak.

Without that burden, I expect to see some really exciting games and see our Zags advance deep into March.

great post

Oregonzagnut
02-27-2012, 02:00 PM
Now the WCC will focus all their attention on St Marys instead of Gonzaga so we can go 16-0 next year!!!

It might be nice to be back under the radar again.....to use a cliche that only under the radar people like to use.

bullzag23
02-27-2012, 02:04 PM
The longest streak is obviously UCLA from the 70's (13), second is our streak of 11 that ended this year, followed by a couple of teams from a while ago that reached 10. With all the parity in College Basketball and guys being one and done, or at least not staying all 4 years (or in some cases 5), I question whether or not another team will ever reach double digits again.

Shhh...nobody tell Kansas...

Pretty sure they just locked up #9 with that win over Mizzou

bballbeachbum
02-27-2012, 02:05 PM
so close to still being alive

anyway, lots of good posts here to share in the feeling, whatever that feeling is for each individual.

most probably know this already, but in 1980, when the UCLA streak ended with Larry Brown as coach, UCLA stumbled pretty good that year but also went to the Finals

GraysAnatomy, I hear you (and I like reading your posts btw), but I don't think that it was a burden that was lifted since, win or lose, the conference chase is already over now and whatever burden, win or lose the conference, would be behind them. But, it does provide a different sense of motivation perhaps, the second season now representing a second chance at winning a championship, a conference toruney championship.

Keeping that streak alive was a 'mission accomplished' thing for each team, and rightly so. This team may be driven hard by the motivation of just missing out...yet having the second season to still mission accomplish, you know?

could be good wood for the fire. we'll see

zag buddy
02-27-2012, 02:31 PM
I felt the record would have been tainted with Saint Marys collapse last year. I really did not feel good about our sharing the conference title. But record, what record. I like to stay in the now and enjoy the amazing effort and play of our guys whether they win or lose. Go Zags

Oregonzagnut
02-27-2012, 03:08 PM
All good things must come to an end. But every end is a new beginning. So we embark on a new level of play with BYU hopefully to stay. Plus our conference 3-4 spots up on the RPI ranking where we normally would be this time of year, and if we consistently are a 2 bid conference, nothing but good will come out of this.

At least we had a streak to lose.

ZaggyZaggerson
02-27-2012, 03:16 PM
... didn't have anything to do with Kerry Keating. He's hard enough to stomach, even at 0-16.

Martin Centre Mad Man
02-27-2012, 05:30 PM
The one thing I find consolation in is that we are still considered the best team in the conference. I know we have to prove that in the tournament, but so far most of the so called experts have us seeded higher than St. Mary's which is such a good thing from my perspective.

Nobody storms the court for a win over St. Mary's. USF still storms the court when they beat Gonzaga for the third time in as many years. Who is REALLY the premier team in this league?

gu03alum
02-27-2012, 06:36 PM
The streak was important, but I'm over it. I hope Gonzaga plays well in the WCC tournament.

cjm720
02-27-2012, 06:54 PM
We were so close to breaking UCLA's record (and anytime we can punish UCLA, I'd like to do so). I figured, if we won this season, when we were so young, that we would be looking GREAT to be able to take the next 2 or 3 with Pangos, GBJ, Dower and company continuing to grow together. But alas, it is over, and it's time to start working on a new streak I guess. It's just frustrating to think that ONE less turnover, or an extra free throw, and bam, we could be looking at our 12th consecutive, and be on the brink of breaking an all time ncaa record for consecutive Ships

This sums it up for me...but I'm over it now.

A new streak will start, plus we have the ncaa one too!

Zag79
02-27-2012, 10:30 PM
Nobody storms the court for a win over St. Mary's. USF still storms the court when they beat Gonzaga for the third time in as many years. Who is REALLY the premier team in this league?

+1... not only that, the crowd and atmosphere was wild for our game at usf, for smc not so much. it STILL feels so much better for a wcc team to knock off Gonzaga than SMC. they arent us, and wont be for at least another decade and thats IF we just stop winning. new streak begins next year, and the one that counts is still going strong... getting into MARCH MADNESS!

gu03alum
02-29-2012, 04:44 AM
+1... not only that, the crowd and atmosphere was wild for our game at usf, for smc not so much. it STILL feels so much better for a wcc team to knock off Gonzaga than SMC. they arent us, and wont be for at least another decade and thats IF we just stop winning. new streak begins next year, and the one that counts is still going strong... getting into MARCH MADNESS!

I hope that SMC can keep it up. It would be great for this to develop into a long and fierce rivalry like Duke and North Carolina.

bullzag23
02-29-2012, 08:20 AM
This sums it up for me...but I'm over it now.

A new streak will start, plus we have the ncaa one too!

I'll be honest, by the time I hit my senior year at GU (05-06) I still had never even given thought to the WCC regular season streak. Inching toward the top of the NCAA streak list was always on my mind, though.

We're now 4th on that list, and the company is fairly elite:

22 -- Kansas
16 -- Duke
14 -- Michigan State
13 -- Gonzaga
13 -- Texas
13 -- Wisconsin

Texas and Pitt could be falling off this year creating some separation from the pack. Only issue I have now is with Kansas owning BOTH streaks :enraged:

Also a little fodder for our new conference brethren:
Most all-time NCAA tournament appearances without reaching the Final Four
25 -- BYU
23 -- Missouri
21 -- Xavier
19 -- Alabama
19 -- Utah State

PS- All time consecutive NCAA appearance record is 27 by UNC ('75-'01)

gu03alum
02-29-2012, 08:35 AM
Also a little fodder for our new conference brethren:
Most all-time NCAA tournament appearances without reaching the Final Four
25 -- BYU
23 -- Missouri
21 -- Xavier
19 -- Alabama
19 -- Utah State

I hope Gonzaga doesn't beat that record.

CarolinaZagFan
02-29-2012, 09:07 AM
Spiderman sucks.... Yea I said it!!!

awberke
02-29-2012, 09:07 AM
We should be so lucky if the low point of the next 12 years is a second place finish.

I agree with the coaching staff on this one, conference championships don't mean much. Nobody in the country commends us on the streak but us, so why do we care so much about it.

I say focus on making it deep in the NCAA tournament, that's something to be proud of. We aren't going to get better recruits by winning the WCC. Let's make some noise on the biggest stage.

DixieZag
02-29-2012, 09:44 AM
In terms of a ball bouncing the wrong way a few times and the loss to USF that woulda coulda shoulda - that does hurt, on the other hand, we were helped tremendously by playing BYU without a healthy Hartsock. That game was such a FT shooting contest - referee dominated game that who knows what would have happened had he been in the lineup. The road game at LMU was not "lucky" so much as perfect execution on a play that allowed us to foul instead of having to defend against the freaky ability to hit threes.

It all sort of comes out in the wash. I do think that as far as recruiting goes, being able to say that we have been to the tournament more often than all but 3 teams in the country. Recruits don't remember the "runner" - they were 5 or 6 at the time - but they darn sure know that there are very likely to play under the bright lights at the NCAAs and play some big games in OOC play.

bullzag23
02-29-2012, 10:01 AM
I hope Gonzaga doesn't beat that record.

I like to think of it this way: If BYU continues to make the tournament on a semi-regular basis then it would take a LOOONG time for GU to catch them. Keep in mind we've got 14 appearances in the NCAA. That's 11 years that we'd need to make it and for BYU to suck to catch up. Not to mention the other school ahead of GU on the list.

bullzag23
02-29-2012, 10:02 AM
In terms of a ball bouncing the wrong way a few times and the loss to USF that woulda coulda shoulda - that does hurt, on the other hand, we were helped tremendously by playing BYU without a healthy Hartsock. That game was such a FT shooting contest - referee dominated game that who knows what would have happened had he been in the lineup. The road game at LMU was not "lucky" so much as perfect execution on a play that allowed us to foul instead of having to defend against the freaky ability to hit threes.

It all sort of comes out in the wash. I do think that as far as recruiting goes, being able to say that we have been to the tournament more often than all but 3 teams in the country. Recruits don't remember the "runner" - they were 5 or 6 at the time - but they darn sure know that there are very likely to play under the bright lights at the NCAAs and play some big games in OOC play.

Just to pick nits, Hartsock was in the line up and played, but he was very limited and didn't have much impact.

Robzagnut
02-29-2012, 11:33 AM
I will trade the streak ending for an Elite 8 appearance any day and twice on Tuesday.

ZagLawGrad
02-29-2012, 11:42 AM
I'll remain in the minority and again state that it was foolish to let BYU into the WCC. Why potentially ruin a good thing the Zags had going? And save the WCC respect arguments, as BYU isn't exactly viewed as a great program east of here.

Seattle U is far a better fit than BYU.

I'm right, and I'm not changing my mind. :horse:

Zag 77
02-29-2012, 12:28 PM
Zaglaw, it is not even close. SU would give us 2 games against a team with a crappy RPI. BYU does the opposite. SU will get a chance to see what they can do in the WAC and prove themselves. They won't be taken seriously until they seriously commit to major upgrades and build an on-campus facility.

ZagLawGrad
02-29-2012, 01:00 PM
Zaglaw, it is not even close. SU would give us 2 games against a team with a crappy RPI. BYU does the opposite. SU will get a chance to see what they can do in the WAC and prove themselves. They won't be taken seriously until they seriously commit to major upgrades and build an on-campus facility.

No argument here '77 on the issue of BYU being the better program over SU. But that wasn't my point.

NotoriousZ
02-29-2012, 01:15 PM
It had to fall sometime, we all know that. All I was saying was that as a player, that must have been quite the burden, and had to have been on their minds more than they would care to admit.

Kind of a "Crap, don't mess this one up, we can't lose this game, we can't be the team that ends the streak" mentality during every close conference game.

Now, without that weight, they are free to just kick butts and take names.

And pee on their opponents...

They won't let you say 'poop' anymore? Or have you tired of poop? Or is pooping on your oppents going too far? Let's see if I can get a ban...or at least a friendly warning: poop, poop, poop! Your move mods.

UKWildcatsFan
02-29-2012, 04:51 PM
The bad thing is that had Gonzaga broken UCLA's streak, I don't think many would see it as legitimate as UCLA's. UCLA's was in a power conference, Gonzaga's wasn't. UCLA never shared a conference championship during their streak, while Gonzaga shared two. Only twice did UCLA win the conference by one game, four times Gonzaga only won the conference by one game.

I'm not trying to say that had Gonzaga gotten to 14 straight conference championships that it wouldn't be as legitimate...but a lot of people probably wouldn't recognize it.

Would have been nice to have the record, but the far more important thing is getting to a 14th straight NCAA Tournament this year.

bullzag23
02-29-2012, 06:19 PM
The bad thing is that had Gonzaga broken UCLA's streak, I don't think many would see it as legitimate as UCLA's. UCLA's was in a power conference, Gonzaga's wasn't. UCLA never shared a conference championship during their streak, while Gonzaga shared two. Only twice did UCLA win the conference by one game, four times Gonzaga only won the conference by one game.

I'm not trying to say that had Gonzaga gotten to 14 straight conference championships that it wouldn't be as legitimate...but a lot of people probably wouldn't recognize it.

Would have been nice to have the record, but the far more important thing is getting to a 14th straight NCAA Tournament this year.

This is the real truth of it. Had we gotten to 14 years all we would ever hear(unless we'd actually won an NCAA title or two...or three) would be how it was done in a weak conference with no real competition. UCLA did it in the Pac-8(at the time) and were NCAA champs 8 times(7 straight!!!) during that span.

The flip side to that argument is that this was done in an era of very little parity, but let's be honest, all the talking heads would put an asterisk next to our conference streak for weak competition.

Honestly, would you rather have 8 championships in 13 seasons or 14 regular season crowns with no postseason accolades to show for it(other than an E8 and several S16s of course)? I'll take the championship parades every day of the week.

CarolinaZagFan
03-01-2012, 07:07 AM
How difficult of a conference was the PAC-8 back then?

McZag
03-01-2012, 08:29 AM

Great post UK.

I have thought about this a lot since last week and I have this to add:

To me, there is no comparison between the UCLA streak(s) and our recent run the WCC. UCLA's dominance 40 years ago was on a local and a national level. They not only dominated the Pac-8 but also faced very little resistance from the national field during that span. Also, I believe there was more significance on the "conference title" in those days. Local rivalries were reverred. Bragging rights mattered. There was so much less money involved that trophies and banners had real value in the eyes of players and coaches alike. The tournaments- NIT and NCAA - consisted of league champions only so the only way to get invited to the post season was to beat up your league. That made winning the conference that much more important.

It simply does not translate into today's methodology. It is a different game today for so many reasons but primarily the TV money.

How many ACC titles does Duke have? Does anyone care? Is that a stat that anyone even tracks? Who has won the most Big East titles since our streak began in 2001? Does anyone even consider it? Of course not. Tracking conference titles today is silly. One last one for you: How many national champions in the last ten years won their conference? Wow that one really sounds foolish doesn't it?

It would have been nice to win 14 straight but give me another Elite 8 anyday. Consistent NCAA births, consistent NCAA wins, consistent TV appearances and consistently increased TV revenues are all that matter in today's college basketball. No one values anything else. There is no fifth benchmark that any fan or media outlet cares to track.

UCLA's streak has its rightful place in history.

The legacy of our program since 1999 is not finished yet. Our refusal to go away will not dissolve because of a few extra turnovers one night against USF. We're going to thrive in the present and compete in the future and this Zag is damn proud of it!

Reborn
03-01-2012, 09:50 AM
Winning a conference championship is one of the most important things that a team can accompish during the year. Congrats to St. Mary's. To have won 11 titles in a row is just phenominal. It really is. You may not hear much talk about it, but that may be because it's pretty dang hard to string consecutive titles together. It says a lot about Mark Few and his staff, as well as the players he recruits. I hope we can get another one going.

What disappoints me, now that I have had a few days to ponder all this, is that it was broken the first year BYU came into the WCC, and it sounds like they are not staying in it for very long. I like BYU, and it has been nice having them in the conference, but if they're not planning to stick around for awhile, why even join a conference. Contemplating this fact now makes me not like BYU so much. Making a committment to something has always been a highly respected thing. I'll be pulling for someone to knock 'em out of the WCC tournament as soon as possible. If it's GU, all the better.

I do agree that the more important streak is the one of consecutive trips to the NCAA tournament. I think its a very high goal for every college team in the USA. I believe the best goal for this year's Zags is to make it to the Sweet 16. And I still think they have a real good chance of accomplishing that goal. I'd agree that our chances of reaching the Sweet 16 increase if we have a higher seed, so winning this WCC tournament is important, and Gonzaga's going to be ready to win it. Go Zags!

ZagLawGrad
03-01-2012, 11:05 AM

While GU will never compare to UCLA on the legitimacy richter scale, the Zags needed to keep that streak alive, plain and simple.

Far better to have had the streak continue than not, and rationalizations that the streak wasn't all that significant won't change that fact. (not saying you specifically are rationalizing it).

bullzag23
03-01-2012, 11:10 AM
While GU will never compare to UCLA on the legitimacy richter scale, the Zags needed to keep that streak alive, plain and simple.

Far better to have had the streak continue than not, and rationalizations that the streak wasn't all that significant won't change that fact. (not saying you specifically are rationalizing it).

Why did GU 'need' to keep the streak alive? Coming in 2nd this year does nothing to damage the legacy that GU has built. Wow, we finished 1 game out of first in what many people across the country considered a 'down' year for us(before they found out who Pangos/Bell were).

If GU needs to do anything, it's to do some damage in the tournament. Gather momentum in the WCCs and carry it forward into the first weekend. This team has the pieces, as some others have said. Now they just need to figure out how those pieces fit best together.

75Zag
03-01-2012, 03:11 PM
The only thing I care about is that the Bulldogs decide as a team that now, today, is the time to go out and win. Every game from here to April is live or die. Sure we can make the Big Dance with a loss at the WCC tournament, but a WCC Tournament loss will result in a lower seed and a much more difficult challenge to advance in March and April. I have not particularly liked the 2011-2012 version of the Bulldogs - too many problems with ball handling and consistency. But all that is meaningless now.

Win. Win. Win.

Go Bulldogs! Get Bigger!

Coach Crazy
03-01-2012, 03:51 PM
They won't let you say 'poop' anymore? Or have you tired of poop? Or is pooping on your oppents going too far? Let's see if I can get a ban...or at least a friendly warning: poop, poop, poop! Your move mods.

I would to nominate this for post of the week. Wait, what? Uhuh, no kiddin? "No such thing", you say? I would like to nominate this for post of the week...

bballbeachbum
03-02-2012, 07:39 AM
I agree with this

Far better to have had the streak continue than not, and rationalizations that the streak wasn't all that significant won't change that fact.

and this

But all that is meaningless now.

Win. Win. Win.

GO ZAGS!!!