PDA

View Full Version : Sacre on Few Show

Zag 77
02-26-2012, 09:19 PM
Much of tonight's Mark Few Show featured Rob Sacre. Perhaps his best interview with Heister. Worth seeing on replays during the week.

Some things I recall:

- When Rob was being recruited by Few, he told Few that he reminded him of "Mick" (the Burgess Meredith character) from Rocky, since he never sugar coated anything.

- Rob would like to live in Spokane and raise his son here. He would like to buy some land in the Green Bluff area so he can have some horses.

- Rob said he would like to coach EWU some day and build up the rivalry with GU. He said that way he could coach against Few and maybe beat him some day.

Truly Rob is right up there with Ronny Turiaf in terms of his passion and zest for life.

Oregonzagnut
02-26-2012, 10:08 PM
It was a great show. It was clear you could see his pride and honest happiness in choosing Gonzaga. I'm glad he has no regrets and that he is such a promising person whether or not he plays basketball ever again. He will though.

I think Few can appreciate those here who don't sugar coat anything. There is a big difference between honest critique and mean spirited focus on flaws. Nobody here is mean spirited IMO. Maybe to each other but not when it comes to our team. Its better to be painfully honest than to hide the painful truth.

Sacre is a true life-long Zag!!!

Great show! One of the best ever IMO and right up there with Turiaf's senior show.

bartruff1
02-27-2012, 07:54 AM
As for honesty, I thought his observation that the fan's don't know what is going on was sooooooo.....true...

Zag 77
02-27-2012, 09:12 AM
I think Heister mentioned that local sportswriters will miss Rob for his ability to come up with great quotes to liven up any story on a moment's notice.