PDA

View Full Version : Byu

kyle dixon
02-25-2012, 10:13 PM
Bring them on. The streak is over. I am sorry, the story line on the CBS touchy feely thing is over about the streak. I want the Cougars again and then the Gaels. Maybe Jones will drink the kool aid and pull a Samhan and dunk in warm ups....

Ekrub
02-25-2012, 10:19 PM
Bring them on. The streak is over. I am sorry, the story line on the CBS touchy feely thing is over about the streak. I want the Cougars again and then the Gaels. Maybe Jones will drink the kool aid and pull a Samhan and dunk in warm ups....

I'd love to beat BYU and SMC 2/3 times. Would put a nice little asterisk (in my mind) on SMC's championship season. That'll be a tough task though. Hope they can pull it off. :pray:

Oregonzagnut
02-25-2012, 10:24 PM
A streak is over, not THE streak.

WE have a longer streak going and that is 13 consecutive tickets to the DANCE!!!!

That is the streak that really matters!

Martin Centre Mad Man
02-26-2012, 04:50 AM
A streak is over, not THE streak.

WE have a longer streak going and that is 13 consecutive tickets to the DANCE!!!!

That is the streak that really matters!

There is an even longer streak on the line that can be continued with wins over BYU and SMC in the WCC Tournament.

No WCC team has beaten Gonzaga twice in one year since the 1997-1998 season. If our guys beat them both, that streak continues at fourteen seasons.

zaguarxj
02-26-2012, 09:13 AM
That was a cheap-shot on Jones. Way over the line.

MickMick
02-26-2012, 09:20 AM
Odds are against it, but an elite eight run would make the season a resounding success.

I'm curious to know what current program is closest to approaching the GU streak.

Off the top of my head, I would suspect Kansas.

awberke
02-26-2012, 10:00 AM
That was a cheap-shot on Jones. Way over the line.

Did i miss something? Seemed perfectly harmless to me.

Gonswagga
02-26-2012, 10:14 AM
Did i miss something? Seemed perfectly harmless to me.

Jones' relatives were a part of the Jonestown massacre. I don't know if the reference was on purpose or not however.

Kong-Kool-Aid
02-26-2012, 10:18 AM
Odds are against it, but an elite eight run would make the season a resounding success.

I'm curious to know what current program is closest to approaching the GU streak.

Off the top of my head, I would suspect Kansas.

Sorry but the Kansas streak is more impressive in my mind... not to take anything away from the Zags I love.

jazzdelmar
02-26-2012, 10:21 AM
Jones' relatives were a part of the Jonestown massacre. I don't know if the reference was on purpose or not however.

hardly a relative. his grandfather was the rev. jones, the mastermind behind the whole jamestown murder/massacre/suicide.

awberke
02-26-2012, 10:21 AM

Ok. I would say that is not a well known fact, and I would assume that it was not intended. If so, the OP should edit his/her post.

jazzdelmar
02-26-2012, 10:32 AM
Ok. I would say that is not a well known fact, and I would assume that it was not intended. If so, the OP should edit his/her post.

very well known down here in san diego, of c, as rob started here. its widely known in san fran as well since hes there now and good old grandad started his "church" up there. cant imagine no one knows something about all this. still, a possibility and yes the OP shld be stricken.

Coach Crazy
02-26-2012, 10:49 AM

That thought never would have crossed my mind, even in a million years. I suppose we should get all up in arms about it, though. Seems like the best thing to do at this point. I'm pretty sure I am the only on the whole board that didn't get it...smh.

awberke
02-26-2012, 10:54 AM
That thought never would have crossed my mind, even in a million years. I suppose we should get all up in arms about it, though. Seems like the best thing to do at this point. I'm pretty sure I am the only on the whole board that didn't get it...smh.

Sarcasm? Truth? Sarcasm and truth? :explode:

MickMick
02-26-2012, 12:15 PM
Sorry but the Kansas streak is more impressive in my mind... not to take anything away from the Zags I love.

Perhaps more impressive, but I was thinking in terms of the number of consecutive years. Is Kansas in position for 11?

Kong-Kool-Aid
02-26-2012, 01:08 PM
If they were going to have the streak end, this would have been the year to make it happen... instead they shock Mizzu in OT after a monumental comeback.

I think 3 more years is very doable.

Perhaps more impressive, but I was thinking in terms of the number of consecutive years. Is Kansas in position for 11?

Coach Crazy
02-26-2012, 04:49 PM
Sarcasm? Truth? Sarcasm and truth? :explode:

The first part was truth. I really never would have made that correlation, didn't know Rob's granddad was the Rev. The second part was my more than mild irritation to the assumption that the guy was taking a cheap shot at Rob.

Even if he was taking a shot, it would be one of the dumbest shot of all time. If the dude drinks the "kool aid", he won't be alive enough to be dunking during pre-game, in warm-ups.

Alluding to Rob buying into being a d-bag, pre-game all-star like that of Ham Sammich makes more sense. I'm probably just putting too much thought into it though (possibly).

Das Zagger
02-26-2012, 07:19 PM

ESPN did a piece on it when Jones was still at SD.

I'll have to say I'm pleasantly surprised the Kennel Club never brought it up.

Oregonzagnut
02-26-2012, 08:36 PM
hardly a relative. his grandfather was the rev. jones, the mastermind behind the whole jamestown murder/massacre/suicide.

Actually, that is a very interesting, albeit morbid and tragic, tidbit of info. Sadly, rather than be famous, some take the route of infamous. I'm sure Rob's family has struggled with this their entire lives. No one should have to take the sins of all their family members throughout history.

I don't recall hearing ANY chants from ANY schools to get at Jones. For once the collective majority makes a good decision.