• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zag79
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Corporate seats...

Minor blip but still annoying as hell. Thank you Banner Bank for always getting the opposing teams fans into every big game. We sit behind four corporate seats, and it never fails. Some how, some way, they always manage to get fans from the other team into the biggest games. WSU. UW, BYU, etc... Why? Why can't you give them to Zag fans from Spokane who have never been to a game? Why not get more people rooting for the home team into the Kennel? Your support with money is appreciated, but I pay for my seats too and I'm tired of sitting behind fans rooting for the other team. I'll be sending a letter to GU and Banner Bank, even if it does nothing but make me feel better. Once or twice is fine by accident or bad luck, but every big game of every year since the place has been built? Get outta here...
  • gu03alum
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

That sucks. I hope you get a real response from the bank.
    Bring back the OCC

Comment

• Zag79
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

I know, I am kind of hoping for one as well. I just don't understand how the opposing teams fans keep getting them, every big game. I'm interested to see what they have to say, considering they aren't even passing the tickets onto Gonzaga fans. I'm sure it's not too interesting but I'll update for those interested.

Comment

• zagporvida
        Kennel Club Material
        • Jul 2007

Hopefully you are not a Banner Bank customer, if you are you might want to switch.

Comment

• Zagpower
          Bleeds GU Blue
          • Feb 2007

As someone who used to have the job of distributing corporate tickets (not to GU) it is usually just done by way of signup sheet. No background check required.

Maybe a letter to Banner will help. Speaking to the bank manager might be better. Pretty easy to dismiss letters. Good luck the more home fans the better.

Off-topic: As an example of complaining possibly helping. Noticed that for the first time ever, GU was showing instant replays of close calls.....not just good GU plays. Added to the experience.

Comment

• siliconzag
            Bleeds GU Blue
            • Feb 2007

Not a Banner Year

Originally posted by zagporvida View Post
            Hopefully you are not a Banner Bank customer, if you are you might want to switch.
            This should happen. It goes along with the invisible hand that TexasZagFan and Former1Dog harp about. Gonzaga fans should not use Banner Bank. There are plenty of alternatives. Actually I bet if somebody started a concerted effort for GU fans to switch, you would never see another foreigner in those seats.

Here is the lowdown on the President, who is a Grizzly. Probably has sour grapes about cancellation of the series with GU.

Comment

• former1dog
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by siliconzag View Post
              This should happen. It goes along with the invisible hand that TexasZagFan and Former1Dog harp about. Gonzaga fans should not use Banner Bank. There are plenty of alternatives. Actually I bet if somebody started a concerted effort for GU fans to switch, you would never see another foreigner in those seats.

Here is the lowdown on the President, who is a Grizzly. Probably has sour grapes about cancellation of the series with GU.

http://www.bannerbank.com/AboutUs/Le...hnTWagner.aspx
              #1 - I agree with you.

#2 - I'm not fond of dragging OCC bickering into other forums, for the record. What happens in the OCC should stay in the OCC. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion on that matter, of course.

Comment

• BobZag
                Dark Lord of the Zag
                • Jan 2007

Boycott, and let them know why. I would.
                The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Comment

• ZagHouse
                  Kennel Club
                  • Jan 2009

Seriously???Boycott a business because the owner or whoever is in charge of doling out the tickets gives them to fans of the opposing team? So if a Gaels fan makes it to the game that's OK, just don't put him in corporate seats in my section? Are we that thin-skinned as fans that we can't handle another team's fans at our games? How do we know that those tickets aren't given to alumni and they give the tickets to friends from out of town, or possibly that the bank feels that a client wants to experience one of the hottest tickets in town--GU basketball. The fan happens to be a LMU alum--so what??? You can't cheer for your team because some fan from the opposing team may boo, hiss or cheer for Drew Viney? Now if those fans have enormous heads or annoying laughs or sound like shrill children, maybe I can understand. I'm not sure how that's any worse than the woman to my right texting the entire game or the moron two rows back whose disdain for Few fills my section, but to boycott a business over something that seems a bit trivial. And...how often do we lose at the MAC? If those pesky BYU fans had not been there to root for their team, damn it, we would have won be 30.

Comment

• bartruff1
                    Zag for Life
                    • Jan 2010

Boycotts can be very effective...

I know my boycott of Whole Foods would be even more effective if there was a store here...

Comment

• siliconzag
                      Bleeds GU Blue
                      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by former1dog View Post
                      #1 - I agree with you.

#2 - I'm not fond of dragging OCC bickering into other forums, for the record. What happens in the OCC should stay in the OCC. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion on that matter, of course.
                      I didn't know we were bickering F1D. Just thought it was honest difference of opinion.

Sili

Comment

• siliconzag
                        Bleeds GU Blue
                        • Feb 2007

No infidels

Originally posted by ZagHouse View Post
                        Seriously???Boycott a business because the owner or whoever is in charge of doling out the tickets gives them to fans of the opposing team? So if a Gaels fan makes it to the game that's OK, just don't put him in corporate seats in my section? Are we that thin-skinned as fans that we can't handle another team's fans at our games? How do we know that those tickets aren't given to alumni and they give the tickets to friends from out of town, or possibly that the bank feels that a client wants to experience one of the hottest tickets in town--GU basketball. The fan happens to be a LMU alum--so what??? You can't cheer for your team because some fan from the opposing team may boo, hiss or cheer for Drew Viney? Now if those fans have enormous heads or annoying laughs or sound like shrill children, maybe I can understand. I'm not sure how that's any worse than the woman to my right texting the entire game or the moron two rows back whose disdain for Few fills my section, but to boycott a business over something that seems a bit trivial. And...how often do we lose at the MAC? If those pesky BYU fans had not been there to root for their team, damn it, we would have won be 30.
                        in our house. It is written in Leviticus, I am pretty sure.

Sili

Comment

• BobZag
                          Dark Lord of the Zag
                          • Jan 2007

I would. I have boycotted other businesses for less.

Comment

• ZagHouse
                            Kennel Club
                            • Jan 2009

I have no issue with the concept of boycotting, but would need to know more about how the tickets are doled out before I decided to stick it to one of those greedy banks. A bank that I believe is also one of the team's sponsors.

Comment

• BobZag
                              Dark Lord of the Zag
                              • Jan 2007

I have no issue with the concept of boycotting, but would need to know more about how the tickets are doled out before I decided to stick it to one of those greedy banks. A bank that I believe is also one of the team's sponsors.
                              I boycott if commercials annoy me. lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X