• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CDC84
    Super Moderator
    • Feb 2007

Why Gonzaga might not get help Saturday

St. Mary's, by my count, has beaten USF 11 straight times. Unlike GU, SMC doesn't have any problems with the Dons. Also, SMC has traditionally had a fairly large cheering section for their games at USF.
  • bullzag23
    Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2015
    • Apr 2008

Originally posted by CDC84 View Post
    St. Mary's, by my count, has beaten USF 11 straight times. Unlike GU, SMC doesn't have any problems with the Dons. Also, SMC has traditionally had a fairly large cheering section for their games at USF.
    Naysayer! Naysayer!
    A lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths.
    Steven Wright

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2012
    Foo Fantasy Football Last Place Champ 2013

Comment

• Oregonzagnut
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2011

Agreed but USF doesn't have as tough a time with the Dons because the Dons don't have it in for the Gaels as much as they do for Gonzaga.

Every team has it in for us and I'm not being paranoid. 11 straight years created a little animosity in this conference.

But I will bet that USF does not trap and use the full court press like they did against us. That says it all right there if they don't.
      “People can talk. People can speculate. These guys are hungry and they're ready to go." Mark Few

Comment

• former1dog
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

Don't rain on my dream.

Comment

• whatazag
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Also, winning or losing will not change USF's tournament seed at all, so one less motivator.

Comment

• former1dog
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Seriously, USF is playing its best basketball of the seaon right now. SMC is not only banged up, but they aren't playing as well as they did earlier in the season.

I could see the potential for USF not only to win but to win big.

Its going to be very difficult for me, but I'll be rooting for USF.

Comment

• EuroZag2010
              Zag for Life
              • Sep 2010

Not to stir anything up but I was just thinking ...
              Rex Walters dislike for the zags has been on display I wonder if he would have an "off" night in spite of the zags??
              "I'm really excited. I'm excited to wear GONZAGA on my chest.
              -Kevin Pangos-

"You play to win the game, HELLO!?!- I dont care if you have any wins! You play to win the game "-Herm Edwards
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=IMk5sMHj58I

Comment

• RenoZag
                Super Moderator
                • Feb 2007

Hope Rex & Co break their losing streak.
                The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• john montana
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

SMC by 11.
                  john montana
                  http://carponthefly.blogspot.com/

Comment

• MDABE80
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

The biggest game of the season is tomorrow night...in San Francisco. Didn't think it would be earlier in the season...but as the season ends, it surely is. I gag at hoping USF is successful....but so be it. I'll gag in style. Ultimate irony is that USF holds the Zag championship in it hands. Uuugggghhh. go Dons

Comment

• former1dog
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by EuroZag2010 View Post
                      Not to stir anything up but I was just thinking ...
                      Rex Walters dislike for the zags has been on display I wonder if he would have an "off" night in spite of the zags??
                      Crazy talk. C'mon!

Comment

• Dirt McGirt
                        Gael Force Material
                        • Feb 2011

Let's not forget that Dirt will be in attendance. That always sways the games at least 5 points in the Gaels favor.

I think we are getting some Rex hate, though, as he referred to us as "the team from Moraga" in an interview.

Comment

• BULLDOG#1
                          Bleeds GU Blue
                          • Aug 2011

SMC already did us a favor by dropping one at home to LMU. I doubt they'll lose on the road to SF.

The dons have been playing tough as of late, but really we needed to get the job done there and we didn't.

That rexy had a say in our streak ending is sickening. I'm still hopeful he'll have a say in us keeping it alive, but I doubt it.

I think the gaels know what's at stake will get it done.

Comment

• sullyzag66
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Dirt McGirt View Post
                            Let's not forget that Dirt will be in attendance. That always sways the games at least 5 points in the Gaels favor.

I think we are getting some Rex hate, though, as he referred to us as "the team from Moraga" in an interview.
                            He did refer to "that Moraga team" in a recent Tweet and he said in a recent interview that he was tired of hearing about Gonzaga, St. Mary's and BYU, but such is the disdain I wonder if he would roll over to prevent Gonzaga from keeping the streak alive.

Comment

• CaliforniaZaggin'
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2008

In my head, I've already accepted that the Gaels will win Saturday and the streak will end. Big picture, if the Zags go 13-3 during what has arguably been the best season the WCC has had in a long, long time, then I can live with it.

...But I'd love nothing more than for the Dons to pull off the upset!
                              What are you doing, Adam? Do you even know how many people go blind from pizza shrapnel?

Comment

Working...
                              X