Inadvertent whistle costs GU a possession?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Section 116
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Inadvertent whistle costs GU a possession?

Anyone recall this play or have the game recorded to check it out?

"Green’s game-winner capped a frantic final 2 minutes, when a referee’s inadvertent whistle appeared to cost Gonzaga a possession with 1:07 left."

I frankly don't recall what happened and I don't have the game recorded. I found this in a post game article:

In a play by play sheet at the 1:08 mark it says Robert Sacre turnover? Link: http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/playby...meId=320492539
  • Zags11
    Banned
    • Mar 2008

Huh? That is wierd. I have no idea.

Comment

• Baldwinzag
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

They must be referring to the Sacre charge(block?), when we were up 1, with about that time to go...

Not saying it was the RIGHT play, but damn that foul call.
      “You’ve got to hit the Zag standard.”

And if it happens, those rites of Autumn become the rites of Spring.

Comment

• Knotsolucky
        Kennel Club Material
        • Nov 2008

I believe this came when Sacre was on the floor scrambling for the ball and Few was trying to call a time out, but Rob didn't have possession at the time. Result, finally, was a jump ball and USF got possession.

Comment

• 77Zag
          Zag for Life
          • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Knotsolucky View Post
          I believe this came when Sacre was on the floor scrambling for the ball and Few was trying to call a time out, but Rob didn't have possession at the time. Result, finally, was a jump ball and USF got possession.
          Wrong -- according to post game banter -- Sacre lost the ball, the USF player on the floor scrammbling for the ball evidently called time out (possession, doubtful)
          The ref near the GU bench, whistled the call dead and had indicated a held ball and possession arrow was with GU --
          The other ref, overuled the call and went with the USF timeout - hence a turnover by Rob.
          It was a total homer job and one of the poorest calls I've seen.

Not to mention the more than obvious 10 violation by USF earlier in the half - the ball was still back court at 22 on the shot clock - the sequence where Hart kicked the ball --

Again HOMERED -- and I'm not talk Simpson.
          “The true measure of a Jesuit education,” said former Superior General Peter-Hans Kolvenbach, “is not what our students do, but who they become.”

Comment

• Saxon_zag
            Banned
            • Mar 2008

Originally posted by 77Zag View Post
            Wrong -- according to post game banter -- Sacre lost the ball, the USF player on the floor scrammbling for the ball evidently called time out (possession, doubtful)
            The ref near the GU bench, whistled the call dead and had indicated a held ball and possession arrow was with GU --
            The other ref, overuled the call and went with the USF timeout - hence a turnover by Rob.
            It was a total homer job and one of the poorest calls I've seen.

Not to mention the more than obvious 10 violation by USF earlier in the half - the ball was still back court at 22 on the shot clock - the sequence where Hart kicked the ball --

Again HOMERED -- and I'm not talk Simpson.
            The time out granted by the bald ref from BEHIND the play after some convincing of his colleagues. Seriously how much money did the bald ref win on the USF money line last night ?

Comment

Working...
            X