PDA

View Full Version : Habits in the Front Row

DenDiegoZag
02-10-2012, 06:46 PM
Anyone else notice how cool it was seeing the wonderful women in the front row under the camera left basket wearing those blue and white habits. I want to give huge props to whoever gave their tickets to those women. Those are choice seats. Go Zags!

ID ZAGFAN
02-10-2012, 07:09 PM
2 great photos of the sisters in the S-R photo thread.

Also, I have seen sisters sitting in that area in the past. I'm guessing that the ticket office has some season tickets they use for guests and/or rotate them among deserving folks. Or something along that line--maybe the diocese has them and rotates them.

ZaGranny

RenoZag
02-10-2012, 07:09 PM
http://media.spokesman.com/photos/2012/02/10/sisteract_t470.JPG?84974f3f373deb0dda0f75a22ddd9b7 d3a332b26

TacomaZAG
02-11-2012, 07:52 AM
in the front row, it is quite clear that God is NOT a Gael.

Go ZAGS

webspinnre
02-11-2012, 07:59 AM
Those sisters are from the order Mary, Mother of the Church - http://www.sistersofmarymotherofthechurch.org/

Their story is really quite fascinating, though I don't know if I should go into it on the Men's board rather than the OCC.

hondo
02-11-2012, 08:08 AM
Of playing like we did Thursday might.

LMUlioness
02-11-2012, 08:45 PM
I created an account here just to say this pic is awesome! I love nuns in habits, as you don't see it that often. Reminds me of the nuns I had in elementary school that attended Angels games, and we thought all they did was pray and teach.

zaggradirishfan
02-11-2012, 08:49 PM
http://www.ncregister.com/daily-news/is-the-pope-catholic#ixzz1VbrlVTLX

Demetri Awesome
02-11-2012, 08:58 PM
They brought us good luck and it was awesome to see them in the front row. I think we need to start a thread promoting those seats to them for eternity. They deserve it!!!!

zaggradirishfan
02-11-2012, 09:22 PM
on their website. Just saying they need a house so they can bless ours each game. Not a shill but I read the linked story and was moved.

sittingon50
02-11-2012, 09:23 PM
Plus it puts them pretty close to the recruits that the Zags bring in. Perhaps there could be a laying on of hands.

;)

billyberu
02-11-2012, 10:15 PM
I recall Sr. Pat (Sisters of Mercy) in the 8th grade at Walsingham Academy (otherwise known as the school of the dancing pigs) who could throw a tight spiral pretty far. She was always designated QB in our impromptu sandlot FB games and was a favorite of all us, especially the guys.

This is a great picture.

Oregonzagnut
02-11-2012, 10:45 PM
and we thought all they did was pray and teach.

That is precisely what they were doing at the game. Praying for us (the team included) and teaching us all something just by being there.

To be totally honest, I learned something about my own prejudice just by seeing them. It makes me understand something about the Hijab in Islam and the purpose and symbol it projects. Choosing to wear it is one thing, being forced to wear it is another.

I am used to seeing nuns and priests in their clothing, but can you imagine what it teaches the rest of the world when they see them? For nuns in America it is so rare when they wear them, it actually means something important to people. But what would happen if Catholicism required every woman to wear a Habit all the time or else be scorned or beaten? Thank God for freedom.

Ok sorry, enough of what "I learned." It is just plain cool to see nuns be so proud of their habits.

Zagsker
02-11-2012, 11:13 PM
in the front row, it is quite clear that God is NOT a Gael.

Go ZAGS

SOLID!!! observation

MDABE80
02-11-2012, 11:20 PM
Bring em to Vegas! We're going to need all the help we can get! And certainly for the BYU game;)

Zagsker
02-11-2012, 11:27 PM
Bring em to Vegas! We're going to need all the help we can get! And certainly for the BYU game;)

I think Tom Cruise is a GU fan......Xenu>Joseph Smith

Zagger
02-12-2012, 06:28 AM
They brought us good luck and it was awesome to see them in the front row. I think we need to start a thread promoting those seats to them for eternity. They deserve it!!!!

You just gave me a good idea of how to sneak into a game + get a front row seat!

sittingon50
02-12-2012, 10:56 AM
:lmao:

Zig-Zag
02-12-2012, 11:18 AM
provided from mike palerson , univer board member, base ball field. wonderful zag.:bishop_smiley:

Baseline
02-12-2012, 11:32 AM
I have never been so upset as to see the blatant display of cheating. Many schools will sprinkle a nun here and there in the crowd, so its not easy to tell they are calling for prayer and favoritism in the game. Gonzaga doesn't even bother to hide their willful calling of the spirits. The Hubris of such gamesmanship is shocking. No hiding, right in the first row and all together, unbelievable!