PDA

View Full Version : OT -- Nik Raivio Interview

El Voce
07-13-2007, 10:11 AM
http://www.portlandpilots.com/sports/mbball/release.asp?release_id=4406

I would like to see Derek's little bro have a good career at his Dad's alma mater.

soonerterp
07-13-2007, 12:27 PM
http://www.portlandpilots.com/sports/mbball/release.asp?release_id=4406

I would like to see Derek's little bro have a good career at his Dad's alma mater.

Doesn't look "little" in that picture.

Nevtelen
07-13-2007, 01:24 PM
Best of luck to him and the Pilots this season. Hopefully they catch a break this season and do okay...

soonerterp
07-13-2007, 03:09 PM
Best of luck to him and the Pilots this season. Hopefully they catch a break this season and do okay...

I'd be happy if the WCC could play out like this:

1. Gonzaga
1a. Portland
3 - end. Everybody else.

But surely its going to be just a little weird the first time Portland and Gonzaga meet this coming season?

Nevtelen
07-13-2007, 03:20 PM
I think I'll probably do a double take the next time I hear, "Raivio, for three!" in K2 this coming season...

PilotNut
07-14-2007, 04:09 PM
Doesn't look "little" in that picture.

Nik is much taller and thicker that Derek... but there is still quite the resemblance in the face.

I cant wait to see Nik play... and I really hope I hear "Raivio For Three" a whole bunch of times in K2! ;)

We are going to be VERY young this season... but we are assembling some impressive talent in the Freshman and Sophmore classes... give us a year or two...!

soonerterp
07-14-2007, 06:46 PM
Nik is much taller and thicker that Derek... but there is still quite the resemblance in the face.

He's what, 6'4" 190? That was a tiny picture with the article but you can tell, N-Rav is somewhat more intimidating-looking than his big bro.

We are going to be VERY young this season... but we are assembling some impressive talent in the Freshman and Sophmore classes... give us a year or two...!

Best of luck to the Pilots. :)

PilotNut
07-14-2007, 06:59 PM
He is listed at 6'4" 190; seems about right from when I have seen him...

As my grandpa used to say about the height/weight listings: "He might be that standing on his tippy-toes, soaking wet."