PDA

View Full Version : OT-AMMO in summer league

TR11Zag
07-13-2007, 08:10 AM
Reported by the Seattle Times.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/sports/2003786977_morrison13.html

MBZags
07-13-2007, 08:38 AM
I heard Ric Bucher on ESPN Radio a couple nights ago, and he said that he felt the Bobcats were not giving Morrison a fair chance. And with the addition of Richardson, re-signings of Carroll and Wallace, there won't be much room for AMMO. He said a trade to Portland might be a possibility. And finally, he said that it was a shame because he thought AMMO can consistently score in this league. Maybe he won't be an all-star, but he will be a good player.

sharpzag
07-13-2007, 09:03 AM
For Morrison to be more than a good player, and become a star, he needs to be playing in games that matter. I think Morrison will have his coming out party as an NBA player in a playoff series where he steps up, and takes over, ala the Maui Invitational.

Asotin
07-13-2007, 09:57 AM
I think that for Morrison to "live up to" his draft position he needs to do more than score. What good is 30 points a game if the guy he is guarding scores 30 on him and out rebounds him? Adam needs to work on this, he doesn't need to become a lock down defender but he does need to learn to at least become average. Right now he is in danger of slipping into the Vanhorn and Szczerbiak mold of player who can score on anyone but is such a liability on D and on the glass that despite the scoring he actually becomes a negative on the floor. Personally I think that Adam has the will and the basketball IQ to make the leap, but it will be an uphill battle.

deathchina
07-13-2007, 10:15 AM
great post Asotin.

DavyZag
07-13-2007, 10:26 AM
He said a trade to Portland might be a possibility.

Wait... who said that? Rick Bucher? Or Ammo?

Because if the Blazers get Ammo I seriously might have to get season tickets. I'm excited enough about the nucleus of Oden, Aldridge, and Roy (sorry... I know I'm not supposed to like him, but, well... I love the Blazers and Roy is freaking awesome). Add Ammo and damn! Rip City baby!

23dpg
07-13-2007, 11:07 AM
Because if the Blazers get Ammo I seriously might have to get season tickets. I'm excited enough about the nucleus of Oden, Aldridge, and Roy (sorry... I know I'm not supposed to like him, but, well... I love the Blazers and Roy is freaking awesome). Add Ammo and damn! Rip City baby!

There is nothing to dislike about Brandon Roy. He is a team player and seemingly a good guy. Keep the hatred for the Huskies at a "team" level if you must hate. The individuals on the team should be relatively immune.

MBZags
07-13-2007, 01:12 PM
Wait... who said that? Rick Bucher? Or Ammo?

Bucher.

tyra
07-13-2007, 03:27 PM
There was "Board consensus" that Bernie did not utilize Ammo optimally last year. Does anyone know anything about how Sam Vincent might use him?