PDA

View Full Version : Screaming Lady

Zag 77
02-04-2012, 10:03 PM
Watching the game on TV I could hear a high-pitched woman's shriek almost the whole way. Good heavens it must have been awful in person. Why did somebody not shove a wadded up sock in her mouth?

GoZags
02-04-2012, 10:10 PM
Mrs. GoZags agrees -- she was all over it..... I try to blank those things out but had a tough time doing it tonight.

Baldwinzag
02-04-2012, 10:14 PM
worst fan audio I've heard on a TV broadcast...unrelenting.

it actually made my dog howl right along with her during timeouts & such.

2wiceright
02-04-2012, 10:41 PM
After the wife mentioned it I couldn't stop paying attention to it either- it was ruining the darn game till I finally turned down the audio for a few minutes. Sounded like some lady was in being slowly brutalized by some medieval torture device!

Finally when the crowd got loud in 2nd half I could finally put it out of my mind. I've never listened to a worse broadcast....

zagademic
02-04-2012, 11:02 PM
I am guessing she will have laryngitis for a while. That had to have been bad for her vocal chords.

Oregon Zag
02-04-2012, 11:14 PM
Can you imagine sitting near her? We sat near a guy with a piercing whistle at the UP game a few years ago. It was awful.

ZagNut08
02-04-2012, 11:28 PM
Was at the game, everyone around us was annoyed by her. She was in the student section and several times fellow students turned and told her to shut it

sittingon50
02-05-2012, 12:48 AM
Heister was broadcasting. I had it on mute the whole way.

DCZag
02-05-2012, 03:44 AM
I don't know which was worse - the shrieking lady or Hiester. He was horrible all night, not just in spurts like usual.

Stache
02-05-2012, 06:26 AM
What was the woman yelling?

What was Heister there for?

We switched to Kansas v. Mizzu at our half. There commentators seemed to talk about basketball and they actually had observations and background facts that added to the experience. I wish they would have perseverated and spent vast amounts of time talking about old movies, their own height, and lifestyles of greater Columbia, Missouri.

Why? Here's a great thread idea: what dirt does Heister have on a TV executive such that he continues to be on the air? Is it me, or is it like they gave the keys to The Tonight show to Ed McMahon every time Heister is behind the mike? Noise and filler but no substance. Every Heister comment is the equivalent of "hi-yo" from McMahon. (you'll need to be born before 1972 to get this reference)

Thank you for letting me vent.

Angelo Roncalli
02-05-2012, 07:00 AM
The CIA should head to Malibu and hire that girl.

She could be very useful in "enhanced interrogations." A half an hour of listening to her and even the most hardened operative would spill the beans.

ezcure17
02-05-2012, 07:26 AM
She is a long time pepperdine fan...I think she had someone in her family played for the waves at one point. She usually travels to all of their games. I was SO VERY FORTUNATE to have to sit RIGHT NEXT TO HER at the WCC tourney in las vegas last year...FOR 2 GAMES!! The worst!!!! My ears FINALLY stopped bleeding about a month ago...The more you tell her to shut up...the LOUDER she gets!!!

Zagpower
02-05-2012, 07:45 AM
She is a long time pepperdine fan...I think she had someone in her family played for the waves at one point. She usually travels to all of their games. I was SO VERY FORTUNATE to have to sit RIGHT NEXT TO HER at the WCC tourney in las vegas last year...FOR 2 GAMES!! The worst!!!! My ears FINALLY stopped bleeding about a month ago...The more you tell her to shut up...the LOUDER she gets!!!

Yep, this isn't the first time a Pepp broadcast has had that shriek in the background.

GoZags
02-05-2012, 07:59 AM
After the wife mentioned it I couldn't stop paying attention to it either- it was ruining the darn game till I finally turned down the audio for a few minutes. Sounded like some lady was in being slowly brutalized by some medieval torture device!

Finally when the crowd got loud in 2nd half I could finally put it out of my mind. I've never listened to a worse broadcast....

Bingo. I'd also "blocked" her out until my wife had finally had enough of "Screaming Lady" -- after which it was difficult to "ignore".

PeninsulaDog
02-05-2012, 09:12 AM
I wonder what method her husband used to commit suicide. . .

ZagLawGrad
02-05-2012, 09:34 AM
Her endurance was remarkable.

hondo
02-05-2012, 09:50 AM
That sound was coming out of my TV. I thought it was someone in the room with me watching the game.

BobZag
02-05-2012, 10:54 AM
You guys had it easy yesterday. I went to the women's game and three seats away from me was a loud, obnoxious man who could do nothing but deride Kelly Graves' awful coaching and yell "Get her outta there!" every time a Lady Zag didn't play perfectly. According to him, Katelan Redman, Kayla Standish and Haiden Palmer should all be benched for infinity. Then he's hollering (loudly) at Kelly Bowen and she wasn't even in the freaking game, it was Jazmine Redmon. You just can't get those two mixed up, dude.

Bocco
02-05-2012, 10:58 AM
You guys had it easy yesterday. I went to the women's game and three seats away from me was a loud, obnoxious man who could do nothing but deride Kelly Graves' awful coaching and yell "Get her outta there!" every time a Lady Zag didn't play perfectly. According to him, Katelan Redman, Kayla Standish and Haiden Palmer should all be benched for infinity. Then he's hollering (loudly) at Kelly Bowen and she wasn't even in the freaking game, it was Jazmine Redmon. You just can't get those two mixed up, dude.

must be the same idiot who sits two rows behind me at the men's games .... :p

Angelo Roncalli
02-05-2012, 11:09 AM
I used to have season tickets to the Mariners. Second row on the first base side at the end of Mariners' dugout. There was a guy who had seats in the row behind us. He would frequently bellow out the most bizarre things.

In 2001, toward the end of the best regular season for any team in American League history, I was at a game where the M's were up big going into the top 6th. The M's starting pitcher (Aaron Sele, I think), who likely had the win in hand, had finished his warmups when Piniella came out to the mound to replace him. Great strategy, get your starter out of the game with a likely win, save his arm for the playoffs, give work to the middle relievers, etc. As Lou reaches the mound, the crowd applauds. When the applause dies down, the guy behind me jumps to his feet, beet red in the face, and bellows at the top of his lungs: "Piniella, when are you going to start managing this team?"

Awkward.

sittingon50
02-05-2012, 11:17 AM
Has anybody done an extensive analysis of oafish behavior as it relates to the price of beer in a particular venue?

willandi
02-05-2012, 01:16 PM

Isn't that what they make the "airhorn in a can for"? Don't ask her to shut up, celebrate and blow your horn! Or get a vuluvula!

Das Zagger
02-05-2012, 07:25 PM
"EEP! EEP!" @#%$storm all over again?

Just_An_Old_Zag
02-05-2012, 07:56 PM
thought i was the only one who was wondering what that annoying sound was...the other thing did anyone else notice the anoerexic cheerleader???

that girl needs to eat

willandi
02-05-2012, 07:59 PM
thought i was the only one who was wondering what that annoying sound was...the other thing did anyone else notice the anoerexic cheerleader???

that girl needs to eat

And lay off the black eye shadow!

sittingon50
02-05-2012, 09:18 PM
That was a cheerleader? I thought someone had dressed a fungo!!

77Zag
02-06-2012, 10:22 AM
That was a cheerleader? I thought someone had dressed a fungo!!

+1
:lmao:

We were humored to no end on that one --- she needs MANY visits to the COG.