PDA

View Full Version : OT Onion watching BleacherReport.com

Rangerzag
02-04-2012, 07:59 PM
Warning: from the Onion (http://www.theonion.com/articles/1000-bleacher-report-writers-descend-on-super-bowl,27259/)

1,000 'Bleacher Report' Writers Descend On Super Bowl Media Day

INDIANAPOLIS—Sports journalists and television crews were pushed aside during Super Bowl Media Day on Tuesday as more than 1,000 writers for the website BleacherReport.com entered Lucas Oil Stadium to acquire material for their trademark style of reportage. "I asked Tom Bardy [sic] where he thought he should be on my list of the top 10 guys to ever play in the Super Bowl, and he said it didn't sound like I had anyone who played before 2005," said Bleacher Report writer Darron Nasty, 16, whose credentials identified him as "Writer, Top 10 Carolina and Miami Hurricanes Writer, June 2011."

zagitarious
02-04-2012, 08:02 PM
+1

JPtheBeasta
02-04-2012, 08:23 PM
Lol. I'm glad the ridiculousness of the bleacher report gas not gone unnoticed. I trust the reportage of the Onion a lot more, actually. Great find :]

Birddog
02-05-2012, 03:49 AM
I was hoping for something longer, there is so much potential material. Still, who can top the Onion? Nice find and thanks.

U Zig, I Zag
02-05-2012, 10:15 AM
This rolled by on my Twitter feed... funny as hell. Love The Onion. Our Dumb Century (their first book) has made me cry from laughter at times.

willandi
02-05-2012, 01:25 PM
Late spring of 1967, we drove from WWSC in Bellingham to the San Jose Rock Festival. Equipped with our Western Washington State College Free Press passes (the 2 of us were 2 of only 3 staff members-we left an associate at home to write what they were able to understand from our babbling on the phone) , we gained admittance to all events. It was a blast! Among my memories are Janis and Big Brother throwing pharmaceuticals into the crowd! Hmmmm.

Birddog
02-05-2012, 04:54 PM
Among my memories are Janis and Big Brother throwing pharmaceuticals into the crowd! Hmmmm.
You were Vikings,right? I thought it was traditional for Vikings to consume pharma or hallucinogens prior to an event. Can you imagine Vikings at Festivus?