PDA

View Full Version : GU's Big Three

Stache
02-04-2012, 05:52 AM
NBA teams seem built around a big three. Some of our best and most memorable teams have been anchored in three big time players. These were the guys who you could count on for points, boards, free throws, and breaking the press or leading the break. The easiest and most recent to come to mind were JP, Stache and Derek.

IMO we haven't had that in at least a view seasons. Do we have any prospects for a threesome next season? Surprises left for this season?

bartruff1
02-04-2012, 08:09 AM
Even after 20+ games this year, there would be a argument about who the big three are now. Not important, to me. If Harris stays, in my opinion, we will have a better team next year, reguardless of who the "best" three players are.....maybe even if Harris leaves.. ( I hope he stays )

rennis
02-04-2012, 10:45 AM
Even after 20+ games this year, there would be a argument about who the big three are now. Not important, to me. If Harris stays, in my opinion, we will have a better team next year, reguardless of who the "best" three players are.....maybe even if Harris leaves.. ( I hope he stays )

I hope Harris stays too. It seems pretty clear to me, however, that his draft stock in the NBA would not be very high this year.

Then again I personally think he'd be a better NFL tight-end than he would be a SF in the NBA...

ZagLawGrad
02-04-2012, 11:23 AM
I don't think our bigs cause our opponents much fear

jazzdelmar
02-04-2012, 11:42 AM
we need a #1 first.....we have lotsa role and bit players.

DixieZag
02-04-2012, 12:25 PM
I fall in and out of love with our team every season. Currently separated, don't even see counseling ahead.

One thing that I think tonight could provide - which would help the team a lot - is if one or two guys, ANY of them, could have a good shooting day from 3. We have played terribly of late, but the 3 pt shot, is not really a matter of good/bad play as it is confidence and the mysterious "in the zone" - so I would really like to see us drain some of those.

Funny thing - I think there are several Zags which would make excellant football players, and I can think of 2 that I think would be better off playing football than basketball.

- Hart: No doubt that with a 6'5" 230 body could be "bulked up" enough to play linebacker or defensive end, with that motor of his, that willingness to dive in and play relentless???? Are you kidding me? He would be awesome!!

- Spangler: Obviously, since he was one of the best QBs in the state; however, I doubt that he had a future at QB, but as a Tight End, that big, with those hands. $$$$

Bulldog
02-04-2012, 12:46 PM
This is friggin D1 ball! Get used to it! Good teams lose and even have bad days. Not even the best teams have gone unharmed throughout the year.

So close the boards down, no further discussion. JG has spoken!!!

Baseline
02-04-2012, 12:54 PM
To bad Sacrae doesn't have better hands, he could redefine the Tight end roll in football.