PDA

View Full Version : Elias, Sam, Rob, & Kevin have spoken --

raise the zag
02-03-2012, 12:00 PM
Elias:

We ride together - We die together. And "US ZAGS" also rise like the phoenix from the ashes!

Sam:

Don't stop believing.

I don’t think we’re coming into these road games with the right mindset. We’re being the hunted instead of being the hunters. We have to change our mindset.

Rob:

We’ll learn from this and get better.

Kevin:

Learn from it and comeback stronger.

Short, sweet, spot on, now its time to...

WALK THE WALK!

:clap:

Zag@LMU
02-03-2012, 12:02 PM
Words only take one so far...

sullyzag66
02-03-2012, 12:18 PM
Yeah. I can't imagine that they came into this game thinking it was just another game.

Reborn
02-03-2012, 12:43 PM
I like the fact that the players are talking to the fans. They know they screwed up, and I appreciate it. I'm one who's not giving up and will continue to believe in these guys. After all, isn't that what being a fan is all about?

Fans should be like little kids. They get mad at you one day and then the next day they don't even remember what happened. Live one day at a time. We can't can't back last night's game and play it again. It's over so let's get ready for the game tomorrow.

I especially liked Dowers and Harris' quotes.

MDABE80
02-03-2012, 12:43 PM
What the hell do you want em to say?? How about " We whiners just give up"????
We have the tlent to win this thing. With 3 weeks left, let's support the kids.

TexasZagFan
02-03-2012, 12:48 PM

I'm with you Abe. Play each game as if it's the most important game of the year, then move on to the next game.

CaliforniaZaggin'
02-03-2012, 12:53 PM

+100. Took the words right out of my mouth, Doc.

hooter73
02-03-2012, 01:35 PM
I am behind the players 100%

hondo
02-03-2012, 01:38 PM
FROM THE EXPERTS.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy........than to fumble THIS football"
John Heisman
The same can be said about this basketball

Saxon_zag
02-03-2012, 01:48 PM

I want them to just do it. Same tweets that came out after the gaels game. "we tiptoed in there". Didn't look any different in the BYU game. I'm behind the guys but something seems to be going wrong in preparation for these big road games imo because we lost by 10 to a byu team that outside of hartsock, stunk pretty dang bad. Carlino is the very definition of a chucker

Ezag
02-03-2012, 01:56 PM
then again I also heard before the BYU game they wanted revenge for the NCAA's last year and look how well that turned out. I just hope this 2nd beat down from BYU (incl. NCAAs last year) and the ST. Mary's beat down will finally light that fire.

titopoet
02-03-2012, 01:58 PM

In the Beginning was the Word... John 1.1

tinfoilzag
02-03-2012, 03:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqjbwA8JDW4

Start the training montage.

sittingon50
02-03-2012, 05:24 PM
Don't mean this to be misconstrued because there is a real fine line, but I seriously think that what needs to happen for these guys to get over the hump is for Rob to just knock somebody in a different uni on their a**.

That being said, I like this team. Anybody that wouldn't have taken 17-4 at this point before the season started, please raise your hand.

kclubfounder
02-03-2012, 05:34 PM
Sam's quote was the best. They are coming into the game with the mindset that they are the hunted instead of the hunters. That is exactly what it looked like. That DOES need to change. I don't think I'm being a Pollyanna when I think it will.

WallaWallaZag
02-03-2012, 05:40 PM
there's been a lot of talk this year from the media, team, and fans about how the "soft" label shouldn't apply to the zags anymore...the two games against smc and byu are saying otherwise right now. time to get tough...

zag67
02-03-2012, 05:49 PM
I also agree with MDABE. We need to remember that we have two freshmen that are learning. I watched both of them grow alot from the first half to the second. The first half they acted like deer with lights in their eyes. The second half they were attacking. I think that the bigs recognized it and tried to hard to do more than they should. Also we shot terrible from the 3 point line and most of them were open shots. I like what I saw in the second half and was impressed with the no give in attitude of the whole team. I also would have taken a 17 -4 record at the beginning of the year, but really thought we would have about 6 losses. Will they learn from this? I hope so and I see them getting better and better as the year goes on.

ZagLawGrad
02-03-2012, 05:49 PM
I have to wonder about a post like Sam's when the Zags have a 4-year vet like Rob, who I understand from all accounts views himself (and is considered by his teamates) as a leader. Disconnect somewhere?